NFS World-ish game (Submit your Automation cars!)

Sure, go ahead!

1 Like

You could do a hood cam just as easy as 3rd person. No need for inside cam in my opinion, but I always use hood cam if it’s available

4 Likes

Sorta off topic, please include mirrors of some sort or a way to see behind you if you do a hood cam.

Yes, sure. Hood cam and bumper cam will be there and will probably be easier to implement than the chase cam. Also, mirrors will be there but most likely look similar to the one from Hot Pursuit 2010.

2 Likes

I’m getting serious F2P wibes from how the game is structured, although many of the stuff that would cost a lot of in-game cash in F2P games is free here. You’re making an actual priced game without microtransaction bollocks, right?

I love the apartment idea, it gives the player some customization besides their car. Are you thinking to expand this idea to the garage, where the players could show off their cars and whatnot? Also, will the players have unlimited garage space, or is there a limit? If there is a limit, will the player be able to expand their garage space by buying more/larger apartments/garages or by upgrading the old ones?

Also, all kinds of small stuff like the car meets and gambling give a nice touch to the game. They give something blended in between the racing and tuning and cursing at the cops. I’d like to see more of this small side stuff. Be wary though, if overdone, they’ll take the center stage instead of the racing and tuning. (sorry but I actually don’t have any ideas for these side activities)

Is controller support possible? I prefer a controller with my car games.

I’m already thinking about what cars from my company I could suggest to you, not giving anything yet, I’ll have to fix them up a little bit :smile:

3 Likes

Also, what about actually mixing your car ideas with Automation cars?

Here I currently have two cars, made by me. You can choose them together if you want separately, how you want (and if you even want to feature them) :stuck_out_tongue:

Will add also more cars too in time.

Also, this EDIT 2 yellow car is just beta Ace Hellraiser, yep?

1 Like

A question for submitting our cars, what info do you specifically want? Like do you just want screenshots of the design and the stats? Cause if so, tempting to send over some Volta’s

You already got a Conan! XD I will be submitting some of the designs for sure. :slight_smile:

I have a perfect car for something you might buy at the start of the game. My little Fahrzeug C1 from 1973!

In game it would probably be like $500

Yeah I didn’t realize Conan was already a car company in Automation, lol

Specifically I want a front, back, and side view of your car. Maybe some stats would help, but it’s not required.

EDIT: Yes, the yellow car is an old version of the Hellraiser. It won’t make it into the game, neither will the new version.

1 Like

Do you want the cars submitted by DM or some other way?

I don’t have a preference.
EDIT: Damn, I guess it died. I’ll just model one of mine.
This one:

Sorry about the double post, but I don’t want this thread to die just yet!
This is how the model is doing now. Yes, I know, it doesn’t look so hot, that’s just because it’s all flat shaded and has no materials ATM. And I know it doesn’t look exactly like the picture, but I don’t want it to anyway.

3D cursor in image = professional

EDIT: Materials:
ad

10 Likes

What a cool hot hatch on serious steroids.

How’s it named and is it based on anything from there? :smiley:

This thing looks wild, with those fat wheel arches and protruding front bumper!

Wheels, model tweaks, and smooth shading!

6 Likes

Are you going to use original data from Automation along the name? I mean performance, cornering G’s etc.

Just so you guys know I’ll use this plugin for car physics:
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/16296
Don’t worry, it’s actually really robust, and cheaper than Edy’s vehicle physics. It can do everything I need it to.
If you want to criticize me for using Unity, just leave.

@Oskiinus Power and performance isn’t actually written as horsepower in the plugin afaik, so I’ll use 0-60 times and top speeds to get the speed part right.
Since I can’t really use the drivability score I’ll just use the weight distribution and tyre type/quality.
Also, if you guys want to submit your Automation cars, it’s probably a good idea to just give me the export file instead of a picture since it has all the car data and stuff.

2 Likes

Using unity!? Who are you!? It’s almost likebylure some guy who just wants to make a game and is doing it alone.
I only settle for AAA quality games with no love put in

2 Likes

Ehm… why? I mean I know there are tons of Unity based asset flips, but the engine itself is a powerful tool which can provide great results if the developer knows what he’s doing. Hell I am regularly playing quite a few unity games myself and enjoy them

3 Likes