Official Car Design Competition (UE4 Open Beta)

Mate that MRAP thing is something else, that is proper sick

7 Likes

well damn most of my cars just seems a lot more conservative compared to what i’m seeing being posted here

Category B

Category C

Category E

i also just realised that i may or may not have switched the name on the category A and category B car :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

They’re still nice and clean designs. I vaguely remember Killrob saying something about not over doing it in the video.

I made no claims that my Y submission was driveable, or even good; in fact, I’d say its a psychedelic nightmare. It said crazy, so I went crazy. The Mystery Machine gang! Jinkies! Zoiks! and Ruh Roh!

6 Likes

These are all of my entries. Some took only half an hour, and some took me 2. (Note that some of them will have mod fixture on, but the actual submitted entries don’t).

Category A : 1949 BKOO Muricar

Category B : 1955 Tishillyman Avici 1800

Caterory C : 1963 BKOO S-Wagon

Category D : 1974 Conan C33 2200 S

Category E : 1986 Mitsushita MC-Turbo 2

Category F : 1995 Mitsushita Boarilla RX Turbo 4X4

Category Y : 1991 Mitsushita Mita 1.6 from the 1992 Sci-Fi film "The Is, The Was and The Will"

Category R : 1997 Tishillyman Sagata Turbo

6 Likes

I didn’t have time to do what I originally planned so I made do with what I already had plus making a few things along the way…

Category A 1947 Gotti Escuti Tipo 12C Berlina

Category B 1954 SAFA 1500 CL

Category C 1966 Maesima NRZ-966E

Category D 1979 Maesima NRZ-976E

Category E 1988 Maesima NV-988X

Category F 1990 AAU Cross-4X Turbo

Category G 2005 Maesima MQX-5 Sports AWD

Category H 2017 Sachiuri Sagitta Prestige 4.4

Category X 2020 Sachiuri Dynamic Vision X 2025 Concept

Category Y 1982 Maesima NRZ-976R Group-B

Category R 2009 Maesima Prova ST-R

I ran out of time to do anything other than a rehash of my CSR Ad

In fact, I nearly used a rather selectively quote from our recent CSR but then I wasn’t sure Mr. Regular would get the reference.

“Amazing kooks, great engine…A great muscle hatch…” - Dragawn

15 Likes

Pretty interesting choice to have the hot hatch be an offroader :thinking:
Also, love your gimmick of using a standalone 1940 headlight as a spare wheel, never thought of that :3

1 Like

Welcome to the 70s ^^

10 Likes

Studio 54 eh? Now that’s a reference and a half!

When you make a car and think you’ve done well…
giphy

Then you see the competition…
whid

19 Likes

Current judging status

The first video of the judging is now out! Expect one per day from here on out.

15h total judging recordings

Completed round 1 & finals: R
Completed round 1 judging: A, B, C, D, E, X
Half finished round 1 judging: G, H, Y
Not started round 1 judging yet: F

Preliminaries:
Category A - https://youtu.be/9KmXKtVAbkg

I have updated the OP to serve as a hub for information and links.

Cheers!

13 Likes

Colour me plesantly supprised.

Well, mostly - I had thought those stats were ok… …welp.

For the purposes of this competition, in category H, will the competitiveness in hypercar only be considered or will supercar be considered as well, and could someone better explain the differences of the two as well?

easiest difference i can think is difference between say mercedes sls amg and the koenigsegg one:1

Those may be real-life examples, but I want to know differences in the game.

Just hover your cursor over the markets and you’ll see.

We allow for aiming a little high and low, where low would be more towards supercars. If it at the same time still scores well in hypercar you’re all good!

3 Likes

There are some really cool ideas in there! It was neat to see how some people tried to pull off awesome stuff but failed a little in execution, some people didn’t reach as far but did really well with simple design, and some of them were… well, at least they were interesting. =)

(Oh, and a few of you NAILED IT!)

Have to say, most people put in a lot of effort. Nice job, guys.

3 Likes

I mean of course the first judged category is the one where I had the worst in game stats xD

I’m so glad I didn’t submit for this category (and afraid for the ones I did submit). I have a lot to learn. Is there a tutorial on the chrome striping? I can’t seem to get it to work. my numbers were flat, and I was hung up on the fact that I could never get the tyres right. Even though I included plenty of chrome (40s and 50s staples), my cars were still kinda meh.