Official Car Design Competition (UE4 Open Beta)

well i didn’t know i’d get a -1 over a wrong submission…

so that’s a -2 for me because i switched my A and B… well… GG guys :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, you goofed! :smile: Fortunately you only mixed up two car submissions.

“only” 2… -2 is quite an impact…

Meh, Koolkei, at least you had time to do more than one! My one-and-only submission was all screwed up. lol

I’m sure I won’t win anything, but at least I had fun participating. =)

I’ve been working on “might have beens” in the meanwhile, trying to build other cars for my company! Good fun.

I’m terrible at aesthetics so I only made one entry, I’m not hoping for much. It was, however, fun to build it! I’ll be looking forward to hearing the judges’ comments on mine.

1 Like

By the way, what of this scoring scale?

Are you keeping this for finalists?

Yes, that scoring will be used in the finals. It takes about 5min per car to really apply that scale, i.e. not possible for the preliminaries. That is why we made the 0-10 looks, +/-1 tech scale for the preliminaries, much quicker and still resembles the finals scale pretty accurately.

2 Likes

i just realize that i forgot name the car based on competiton, does it count invalid, @Killrob ?

Well, I went back to look at my submissions and realized a few (hyper & concept) have blown tires and the Y submission isn’t even in a category. That’s what I get for not reading the rules completely and only focusing on the design.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, something else.
I’m a little flipping out.

Do the markups reset when importing a car? OR do you reset it yourself?
Because some, if not most of my cars are marked up, which hurt the stats a fair bit

edit
Yeah holy schmidt, my hypercar has a 220% markup lmfao

1 Like

Haha now that’s awkward! I have not checked that for the most part :slight_smile: but in the finals that’s something I’ll make sure is checked. The cars are supposed to be judged at 0% markup.

The new video was released this morning. I will schedule new videos to come out at 18:00 CET every day from now.

7 Likes

I noticed my entry wasn’t in there. Did I do something wrong? It was named (as I interpreted the rules) Competition (B)-MisterWhopper

No, you were in there, I see you got a 4 in the spreadsheet.

I figured it’d be a 4, but it was not on the video. I’m not upset, I just worried that I misinterpreted the rules. As long as I am in the Y video.

Just means you’re falling asleep watching the video :stuck_out_tongue: you’re at 33:07

2 Likes

My bad. I must’ve. :flushed:

If it isn’t named correctly in a major way it would have been discarded, yes. I can only comment on the state of this specific case if you’d give me the details. If you don’t show up then yeah, it must have been deleted deliberately. I tried to save as many entries as possible.

Hello, I could not find my car in the video, you can help me plz? (it get a fair -1)