Ohm's Mods (Returned)

Yes, I’ll make it available both hardtop and soft-top roofs, because I just simply change the material ID on the roof.

2 Likes

Will the weight change too?

I noticed that some soft tops don’t change weight.

1 Like

And don’t count as convertibles for the game, so it is a problem to have a continuous lineup of them in the campaign.

I’m not sure about the weight change, as I had to test in the game to compare between hardtop and soft-top.

Just roleplay that you’re a really shady car manufacturer who doesn’t bother adding support to your convertible models. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

They need to have the proper tag in the lua file to be considered as a soft top or hard top. If you want, you can change that in the lua files of the body.

You can find info here:

4 Likes

Like just cutting off the roof on a regular coupe?

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes! But then maybe stuffing all the roof material in the trunk or something, to keep weight the same. :yum:

2 Likes

You might be shady but atleast you’re clever :smirk:

2 Likes

Exactly that. ConvertableSoftTop = true (that typo is in the code) and it’ll increase the weight and lower aerodynamics, as well as also give a market preference I believe.

5 Likes

But the Mercedes W113 aka Pagoda was more aerodynamic with the soft top.

Possible to compensate with a lower Cd in the .lua, but that’s an exception. I believe the convertible Cd is based on the top being down, which is terrible for aerodynamics. Like an open pickup/ute bed.

4 Likes

20/12/2016 General Update: I’m now in Chiang Rai for 13 days, to travel, meet my relatives and celebrate the New Year. The weather is cool, as the average low temperature is 15 C (59 F), while the average high temperature is 30 C (86 F) in December.
20/12/2016 Project Update: My progresses are: Honda NSX is 66% body complete, Corvette C1 is 50% complete (but I may rework again, except the side mirror), and the Skyline R32 is 85% body complete, however, I started to do as a 4-door at first, after I finished the body (not counting the undertray), I may stretch the wheelbase by 105 mm (4.13 in).

6 Likes

[quote=“ohm1996, post:181, topic:15714, full:true”]
20/12/2016 General Update: I’m now in Chiang Rai for 13 days, to travel, meet my relatives and celebrate the New Year. The weather is cool, as the average low temperature is 15 C (59 F), while the average high temperature is 30 C (86 F) in December.[/quote]
Aw man… And here I was stoked because things finally went above freezing yesterday.

Awesome possum! I think the community will really benefit from those three (The first two filling gaps in the current designer, and the last because it’s such a famously customized vehicle).

Happy New Year!

3 Likes

Here is a Skyline R32 progress. Note: I started to do as a 4-door sedan first, then coupe, convertible, and possibly wagon, similar to GTA HD Universe’s Stratum, however, I still need to stretch the wheelbase as I said above, before I made more variants.

@RomeoReject Yes, it is a famous factory tuned car in real life, but I made as an all-round late 80s sports sedan.

9 Likes

I have stretched the wheelbase by now, to make more interior space, so I got the dimensions (length x width x height): 4698 x 1698 x 1340 mm (184.9 x 66.9 x 52.8 in) (height including wheels, but width excluding side mirror, divided by 2 as 849 mm or 33.4 inches in the 3ds Max), but the wheelbase is unconfirmed, as I haven’t tested yet. So I have a question: is my car compliant with the Japanese 5-Number size class, apart from the engine below 2.0 liters?

1 Like

The “Compact car” Regulation specified less than 4700mm x 1700mm. You are alright.

2 Likes

Nice wurst there

I saw that ninja edit you absolute Josef Goebbels :smiling_imp:

German Autocorrect.

German Effizienz