Ohm's Mods (Returned)

20/12/2016 General Update: I’m now in Chiang Rai for 13 days, to travel, meet my relatives and celebrate the New Year. The weather is cool, as the average low temperature is 15 C (59 F), while the average high temperature is 30 C (86 F) in December.
20/12/2016 Project Update: My progresses are: Honda NSX is 66% body complete, Corvette C1 is 50% complete (but I may rework again, except the side mirror), and the Skyline R32 is 85% body complete, however, I started to do as a 4-door at first, after I finished the body (not counting the undertray), I may stretch the wheelbase by 105 mm (4.13 in).

6 Likes

[quote=“ohm1996, post:181, topic:15714, full:true”]
20/12/2016 General Update: I’m now in Chiang Rai for 13 days, to travel, meet my relatives and celebrate the New Year. The weather is cool, as the average low temperature is 15 C (59 F), while the average high temperature is 30 C (86 F) in December.[/quote]
Aw man… And here I was stoked because things finally went above freezing yesterday.

Awesome possum! I think the community will really benefit from those three (The first two filling gaps in the current designer, and the last because it’s such a famously customized vehicle).

Happy New Year!

3 Likes

Here is a Skyline R32 progress. Note: I started to do as a 4-door sedan first, then coupe, convertible, and possibly wagon, similar to GTA HD Universe’s Stratum, however, I still need to stretch the wheelbase as I said above, before I made more variants.

@RomeoReject Yes, it is a famous factory tuned car in real life, but I made as an all-round late 80s sports sedan.

9 Likes

I have stretched the wheelbase by now, to make more interior space, so I got the dimensions (length x width x height): 4698 x 1698 x 1340 mm (184.9 x 66.9 x 52.8 in) (height including wheels, but width excluding side mirror, divided by 2 as 849 mm or 33.4 inches in the 3ds Max), but the wheelbase is unconfirmed, as I haven’t tested yet. So I have a question: is my car compliant with the Japanese 5-Number size class, apart from the engine below 2.0 liters?

1 Like

The “Compact car” Regulation specified less than 4700mm x 1700mm. You are alright.

2 Likes

Nice wurst there

I saw that ninja edit you absolute Josef Goebbels :smiling_imp:

German Autocorrect.

German Effizienz

Yes! More sedans based on coupes. I love it!

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter, still excited for it!

Small Christmas Update (posted on 1:11 AM, on 25th December 2016): I have finished the base modeling on both NSX and Skyline R32 (I will post the progress images after I wake up), however, I may change to do an original Thunderbird instead of Corvette C1, as my downloaded blueprint has the cut lines on the hood and trunk, but I may do it like a Smith Thunderbolt/Moray (it has a quarter glass, rather than a porthole opera window).

6 Likes

I have a question for the NSX before I post the progress images: I have a 1:18 scale Kyosho die-cast model of the same car I did, it has the openable rear glass for the engine compartment, so do I have to extrude the rear glass alongside with the trunk?

In game the engine position is not altered by morphing. It will stay in the same place in the chassis so no need to morph both window and rear end at the same time.
However, that would be your call. I would perhaps try to see if you can make them morph independently of each other to allow the player a greater range of morphing possibilities.

give it a go and see what works

yes in reality the rear glass is the bonnet

So it means that do I have to separate the rear glass?, as it is the hood/bonnet in real life.

I decided to extrude both rear window and rear trunk. Furthermore, I also given both objects separated from the body and bumpers.
Anyway, here is an NSX progress, I want you to have a look at the roof, because I made both matte and colored roof versions. I will also make it available in two variants: normal coupe and removable targa top.

11 Likes

Here is also a Skyline R32, I made it available in five variants: 2-door coupe and convertible, 4-door pillared hardtop and semi-convertible, and also 5-door sports wagon, which is my very first wagon I did.

18 Likes

Ok… Now You have my attention <3

6 Likes

These ones NEED to be in Unreal Engine 4 version of Automation. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

@Oskiinus Of course, I will made it available as vanilla content, after I finished three cars and the revamped Scorpio, but I have to contact to the developer by myself.