Ohm's Mods (Returned)

Do you know how extreme things Polish mechanics and dealers do to sell a crap car? :smile: Such conversion is a fact and there is no doubt about that. And Iā€™m pretty sure that NOBODY would care to transform an Opel into a Vauxhall for the exclusivity :joy:

Welding one car out of 2 or 3 crashed ones, selling old beaten junk as a nearly new car after fixing the looks, reverting odometers by 300kkmā€¦ All these things are unfortunately a standard practice :confused:

1 Like

i might be a bit late, butā€¦

been here 5 years before he decided to sell, clean Florida title, and seems to be perfectly fine, but obviously not 25 years old

1 Like

If I got that for a ā€œfair market priceā€, I could drive it around my area with no worries.

Why? Rural America. No major city (unless I moved to the Twin Cities: Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota), cares enough to test emissions, or run cars through any sort of check system.

The only trouble my familyā€™s had, was when we bought my mom her 2008 Hyundai Sonata. The couple selling the car sold it for a song (read: less than current fair market price, because they were moving to Hawaii), and the government wanted more proof that it was a legal sale.

Other than that, no problems. We routinely punch out the cats on cars when they become plugged, making them just hollow expansion cans.

Back to the thread though: I would like more front engine, rear wheel drive bodies in game, so Iā€™m all for a gray import body.

5 Likes

Since the topic is on, what about non-R32 Skyline body?
Or maybe S13 200SX/Silvia mashup? :stuck_out_tongue: (sileighty intensifies)

3 Likes

Since I started to work on 3 cars, I decided to do those cars: Original Honda NSX (3rd), Early Corvette C1 (4th) and Nissan Skyline R32 (5th) respectively. However, I may release 3 cars simultaneously because Iā€™m not hurry to do, but I think I can finish by shortly before the Christmas.

@Oskiinus According to my plan and topic, yes, I decided to do the Nissan Skyline R32, and Iā€™ll make it available as coupe, convertible and sports sedan (B-Pillar hardtop, but the pillar is invisible at outside), while the Onevia (aka Twovia outside Japan) or Sileighty (aka Sil-Hundred in general export markets, such as Thailand, Europe or Oceania, or Sil-Forty in North America) is considered, but not at high priority.

8 Likes

Those are each really, really cool picks. The first two are so unique looking too.

1 Like

16/12/2016 Update: Iā€™m now working on those 3 cars, the progress of Honda NSX and Corvette C1 are going well. However, as I faced the Skyline R32 dilemma (there are 4-door vector, Tamiya GT-R plastic model and Nismo blueprints, I have tried all of those), I had to rework from the ground-up again, now using the R32 GT-R Nismo blueprint, due to more viewing accuracy. Due to the planned simultaneous release of those 3 cars, I may not able to give you as a Christmas gift, but rather New Yearā€™s gift, because I will travel to Chiang Rai by next week. (note that now I can set up the zones and boxes by myself, but the morphing values are still set by the other modders.)

9 Likes

Very excited for the C1, will there be a convertible option?

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ll make it available both hardtop and soft-top roofs, because I just simply change the material ID on the roof.

2 Likes

Will the weight change too?

I noticed that some soft tops donā€™t change weight.

1 Like

And donā€™t count as convertibles for the game, so it is a problem to have a continuous lineup of them in the campaign.

Iā€™m not sure about the weight change, as I had to test in the game to compare between hardtop and soft-top.

Just roleplay that youā€™re a really shady car manufacturer who doesnā€™t bother adding support to your convertible models. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

They need to have the proper tag in the lua file to be considered as a soft top or hard top. If you want, you can change that in the lua files of the body.

You can find info here:

4 Likes

Like just cutting off the roof on a regular coupe?

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes! But then maybe stuffing all the roof material in the trunk or something, to keep weight the same. :yum:

2 Likes

You might be shady but atleast youā€™re clever :smirk:

2 Likes

Exactly that. ConvertableSoftTop = true (that typo is in the code) and itā€™ll increase the weight and lower aerodynamics, as well as also give a market preference I believe.

5 Likes

But the Mercedes W113 aka Pagoda was more aerodynamic with the soft top.

Possible to compensate with a lower Cd in the .lua, but thatā€™s an exception. I believe the convertible Cd is based on the top being down, which is terrible for aerodynamics. Like an open pickup/ute bed.

4 Likes