Old Cars in Full Drag - Conke-PMI Drag Meet [COMPLETED]

I’ll check tonight, but I made 3 test cars (1940,1950 and 1960) and they all were comfortably under that threshold (I did leave this open a month for people to give comments like these before opening it up for submission, I must add).

Anyway, thanks for bringing it up.

i was under the assumption that the Trim only was supposed to be under 80/30 rule looks like i have to RE-send my cars again

I presume it’s trim only then, so wait before changing until I can check at home.

Alright, so:

@Fayeding_Spray
ET/PU is the standard one that is used as far as I know in all competitions, the one in this tab:

@Turbofreak88884444, that means your PU/ET is ok, but your car isn’t. The stock car is from 2012, with a trim of 2020. The stock car should be 1970 or earlier, with the drag trim only 2015-2020.

Your engine is not reglementary either, but I was unclear there. It should be OHV.

@vinodkrishnanr:

1. please take note of the naming conventions:

Car model: 2020DRAG - Username.
Car trim: Name of the car.
Engine family: 2020DRAG - Username.
Engine variant: Engine name/code.

1. Your stock and drag versions are twice the same car and engine, you just adapted the trim year on the drag version (and engine) and changed some fixtures, but for the rest they are identical… Including the drag wheels.

2. Your engine is not within regulations, but I was unclear there. It should be OHV.

Engine swaps are perfectly allowed, your engine in the drag trim, can be completely new.

Are you allowed to send in more than one car?

No, just one. This is just a small in between competition (if it ever gets going properly :P).

1957 Meijer Tokyo SportC

The Tokyo SportC was a tiny kei car with a “high” horsepower 44HP engine in a 558Kg body.
This exact one was sold in Australia on February the 13th 1957, the first owner, Ben Lee, kept it for a whole 40 years and kept it in decent condition, the second owner, Suzie Johnson, kept it as a weekend car for 5 years before selling it to the third owner, Harry Martin, who also kept is as weekend car until the the 26th of August 2010 when it’s engine blew on his way back home from the beach. After spending a month on the scrapyard it was bought by Terry Brown. He decided to make it into a drag car.

2016 Meijer Tokyo Drag Spec 'World’s Cutest Drag Car’

This is the result: a V8 drag monster with world’s cutest smile.

5 Likes

When it’s good, it shall also be said.

This one ticks all the boxes correctly.

Are there going to be different classes for this? Because in reality drag racing is one of the most heavily segmented, bracketed forms of racing that there is.

Additionally, what of reaction times? BeamNG doesn’t really calculate those, and they are often where real drag races are won and lost.

Some good questions. This is a showcase event, in more ways than one.

1. It’s the first event of this kind, I thought to only limit it via the engine, PU/ET and price. There will be differences in the quarter mile time, sure. See it as a fairly open drag meet, with random pairings (so, yes, you need a bit of luck with the draw - although fastest times will be posted in order afterwards).

2. Linked to that, this is a try-out. To see how different the cars are, which can lead to future drag events with more outlined classes. It is also a try-out to see how I can present this competition in an interesting way, which I’d ather to with a fairly straight-forward challenge, rather than a complicated class system.

3. In terms of reaction times, I’m open for suggestions. It’s not the same as in actual drag racing, but at least there is some influence of my reactions on the run, at the start (although it’s a count-down and not a reaction to a light), and for gear shifts. I ran three runs with the first submission and they were 0.080 in between. Question is whether I take the fastest one, or whether I do a random roll and take one of the three in each showdown to simulate reaction times at least a bit.

1 Like

On point 3, if you’re doing 3 runs per car, the average time would probably be the best, unless there ends up being a major discrepancy in times.

Ardent Marathon Drag Special

Now with a Toledo Classicrate 7.4 lilter engine. For even faster impalement in the wall.

Enjoy your new coffin. :wink:

8 Likes

I might actually go for the random roll. Then I can use it in the race reports and translate a worse or better run into slower or faster reaction time at the start.

1 Like

WM / LPE Emerald Draggin’

The horsepower wars were heating up in 1960, and dealerships were beginning to recognize the “win on Sunday, sell on Monday” effect of racing efforts. Many manufacturers were slipping hot rods and race cars out the “back door” to privateer racing teams. Meanwhile, Wisconsin Motors had no eligible Super Stock car, their V12 having been legislated out of the class. It was, however, still legal in the Altered class. In response to dealer demands for a WM racetrack presence, Lagerfelter Performance Engineering (LPE) was contracted to build a series of drag cars with the goal of showcasing WM power. Fiberglass bodies were riveted to a steel monocoque, using solid leaf sprung axles at both ends and a bare minimum of brakes Light weight was the order of the day, as well as a decent amount of ride height to help the car transfer weight and “plant” the tires. Fuel systems were mounted at the front of the car, because it takes less energy to pour fuel back than to move a larger mass of fuel forward while accelerating at over 1g. Blinkers and lights were included, and the cars were technically street legal. From ‘60-’63, all cars were owned by LPE and rented to teams on a seasonal basis. 48 cars were initially offered, one per contiguous state. 25 more cars were added to large market areas, 10 added to factory stock, and 6 more slated for Baja. In ‘62, the drag cars were converted to the sohc V12 introduced in the WM Earl. ‘62 also saw 20 more large market cars rented, and 5 additional cars designated for “celebrity appearances”. All cars were painted metallic green, and were known as Emerald Draggin’s.

For 2020, LPE has resurrected an old Emerald Draggin’, and shoehorned in the biggest engine we could fit, a unit originally intended as a tractor pull powerplant. Automation says it goes 11.5s in the quarter. Want to race for pinks?

4 Likes

Ok good to know i will Rework the Files once i re-download them from the link i pmed ya with my hhd recently corrupted and i had to Reinstall windows right i can also Fix the year issues so the car can be usable at least

Ahh hell welp this is what i get for building the drag car first XD Al aso you mean this https://i.gyazo.com/9444369b96422a3ae14cc055dc0deced.png and not https://i.gyazo.com/35991d20ef831ea9bef0416aaf231c97.png

The other way round. You had OHC, I want PushRod.

That said, submissions still haven’t reached the treshhold where it makes sense to hold the competition. The regulations might have been a bit too open.

Too many, or too few?

It’s a pity that I can only enter one car. I’ll probably be entering with a modified Bridgell Horizon.

4 Likes

Any rules on trannys and diffs? Would be a good idea to be mandatory to use a manual locker, to simulate a welded diff.

No restrictions.