Old Cars in Full Drag - Conke-PMI Drag Meet [COMPLETED]

thanks for the fun competition, and grats to @nialloftara for the win.

Sub 11 seconds isn’t bad for me, since i don’t know how to tune fast for shit. lol

3 Likes

Goes fast, and blows up. The RNG does that to my RL cars, too. Gratz nialloftara, and thanks Private Miros for hosting a fun competition. The test and tune process was surprisingly addictive, a couple dozen runs likely would’ve netted faster times as the driver learns the car. I was running 8.9s-9.0s, with an 8.8x run maybe every tenth attempt. “Cheating” will net even faster times; letting the clutch out ahead of the lights loads the chassis before the tires hit, causing the parking brake to be a sort of trans brake -I saw 8.60s using this method on a slightly different suspension tune.
I’m sort of curious to try this again with a small tire car, but I’m busy building a handful of 70s rally cars atm, hehe. May I suggest a small tire class for the next meet?

4 Likes

Looks like you’re back in full beastly winner guise eh Niall? Good to see you back and as impressive as ever!

Great event.

Fun contest thanks @Private_Miros and congratulations to everyone else those times were very close. Aside from @Obfuscious damn dude that’s a fast car, you had this contest in the bag if it wasn’t for bad luck.

@VicVictory it’s nice to be back, though only for small single run events like this, where I can build a car in a few hours and maybe a bit of tuning over the next day or two. 60-70 hour work weeks, home improvement projects, and my upcoming wedding have meant and will mean very little time for games sadly. But it’s fun to keep my hand in once and a while. :slight_smile:

6 Likes