Olympus Motor Group

And now a moment for some artistic expression

Here, it looks like the bad paint job might’ve been on purpose
It wasn’t. When the stripes get so long, they gravitate towards the middle, so they have to be unnecessarily layered. If anyone knows how to do rollbars, that would be helpful.

5 Likes
4 Likes

I’ve improved the design a bit

I tuned the engine down for 1980s CAFE requirements, but it’s still a little OP, and not quite as efficient.

5 Likes

That rack of drive-lights is making the mid-west murican in me cry eagle tears. The old truck’s hood looked like someone painted over it to hide rust. This one is very well crafted however. It looks more era-correct too.

Lore Retcon

It has been brought to my attention that OMG’s performance brand had been using a moniker that had been previously used by another poster. Therefore (and I have searched this) the performance brand will be referred to as Pantheon, as in the place where the Greeks worshiped their gods. Any posts in which I previously used the Orion name, are no longer considered Canon.

1 Like

As part of the reboot, and retcon, here is the 1950 Olympus Virgo Sedan .The Virgo, along with the Libra coupe, first rolled into showrooms Labor day weekend, 1948, as a 1949 model. The updates for 1950 were minor, except this would be the year Olympus introduced the Lux-O-Matic 2 speed, automatic transmission, as an option, along side the 4 speed overdrive manual. The model was available in 2 trims; Luxe and DuLuxe. It would also come with one of 2 engines; the 210 cubic inch Inline 6, or the 296 cubic inch V8. The Inline 6 delivered a buttery smooth 120 horsepower/158 lb. ft. of torque, with minimal effort; The V8 produced a gritty 158 horsepower and 197 lb. ft. of torque, for extra confidence on country roads. The Luxe model was a premium sedan with voluptuous appointments and wood trim, and a top of the line AM radio. The DuLuxe trim was more extravagant, with hand stitched, personally monogrammed upholstery, and hand-burled walnut trim, and gold watch inlay, in addition to the AM radio.

side note: my old computer quit last week. I bought a computer with similar vitals to replace it. 2 issues that I did not account for. 1) The case on this new computer is not the right size for the GPU I had. 2) I believe that part of the reason my old computer crashed, was because I had been having driver conflicts with my GPU, that kept causing BSOD. The result is, I’m playing on low graphics setting (Who’d thought that 1 GB would make such a difference?), and the photo backdrops don’t fully load.

2 Likes

I edited post #10, The Troublesome 50s part 2
I posted the advertisments for the new designs. Here are the corresponding files.Gen3-UndercoverHardwareman - Olympus Libra Luxe.car (31.6 KB)
Sagittarius - Roadster.car (25.4 KB)
Libra - Luxe.car (31.5 KB)
Aquarius - Luxe.car (22.9 KB)
Virgo - Premier.car (27.0 KB)
Virgo - DuLuxe.car (27.0 KB)

4 Likes

This should be titled ‘The Troublesome 50s part 3’, or maybe 'Into the 60s’
During lite campaign in the kee version, the Pisces was the smaller counterpart to the Aquarius (more accurately, the Aquarius was the larger counterpart to the Pisces). However, the UE4 version does not have that model. I decided to resurrect the nameplate for a CSR recently, and re-imagined it as a small, light duty pickup coupe. In the original lore it was a small Inline 6 cylinder, however for CSR, reliability was a concern, so I replaced the small DOHC straight 6 for a push-rod flat-plane V8.

CSR72-UndercoverHardwareman - Olympus Pisces.car (48.4 KB)

Here’s a link to the picture that inspired this creation
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj40eDepfTaAhWI54MKHRCDBX8Qjhx6BAgBEAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fhappilyretired%2F12224256635&psig=AOvVaw0-Hbk9W-9LiQmbdCrSfunx&ust=1525806346225028

3 Likes

1958 saw the retirement of Robert Stewart, head of Olympus. In his absence, Pantheon boss, Jerry Springstead was brought in to refresh the Olympus Roster. This meant an updated, cleaner looking front and rear fascias, and a re-commitment to the Lux-O-Matic transmission - pushing the limits of available technology - as well as filling the gaps in the luxury car market.

From the beginning, the Libra had been a full-size luxury coupe, with a 102 inch wheelbase; whereas the Virgo, which was always a sedan, had increased in size: From having a similar wheelbase, and just being slightly larger overall, to 1956’s titanic 133 inch wheelbase, with massive overhangs. Indeed the Virgo had adopted the convention “Bigger is better”, like many other luxury manufacturers, whereas the Libra remained the same touring coupe as always. Ideas were bantied about, such as a coupe version Virgo, and Libra sedan, or even this intermediate offering, available in coupe, sedan, or estate.

Referred to through internal memos, as the Capricorn, the idea was quickly scrapped, and those responsible, were sacked. There may come a day when Olympus needs an intermediate car, but that day had not come yet.
The Face-lifted Virgo and Aquarius would be available to the public in 1960, as a 1961 model.

In 1961, there would be a refreshed Libra and Sagittarius, for the 1962 model year. The next year, would be the face-lifted Pisces in limited run, and an all new offering.
Joe Rathbone met with Hollywood producers in 1958 to design a high-performance luxury coupe for a movie about an international spy. The car had to be high-end, to convey a aura of mystique, it could not simply be a Pantheon, or even a re-badged Pantheon. 12 Prototypes of the Olympus Scorpio were used in the film. The Scorpio used the Titanic Twelve, producing 243 horsepower, coupled with a 4 speed manual. The movie was set to come out during Summer 1962, the car would not be released until after labor day. Every numbered example of the Scorpio (a run of 250 cars would be produced each year) featured 2 hand stitched, monogrammed leather seats, hand-burled walnut inlay, and actor James Connery’s signature. It would go on to become Olympus’s first ‘Super Car’.

3 Likes

ATI-Archana Transport International
This is a brief bit of lore, that got edited out when I was re-telling my story. In 1990, after the fall of the Berlin Wall, the decline of communism, and during the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Olympus Motor Group purchased a little outfit called (in English) Archana Transport International. In a little known region of Estonia, there is a place called Archana. ATI built light transport vehicles for the Soviet army during World War II. After the war, and all throughout the cold war, ATI’s primary responsibility was keeping the Soviets moving. Once in a while, there would be a surplus, which would then be distributed to other Eastern Bloc allies, such as Poland, Romania, and Czechoslovakia. As the company’s stable of vehicles grew, they would often be traded with other countries in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. The Soviet Union even sent a few to China and North Korea.
ATI’s 1st generation model, was the 1-20. It had a 2000 cc 4 cylinder engine that ran on low quality fuel. This was the vehicle the Soviets used in the war, and continued through 1989.

In 1955, a larger model was introduced. This was the 2-20. The 2-20 used the same 2000 cc engine, and could seat up to 8 soldiers, their gear, as well as supplies.
The slit eyelid on this models headlights were because during this time, the threat of air raids was very real. The 2-20 also continued until 1989.
In 1974, the soviet military ordered a new model that could easily convert from carrying soldiers, to carrying cargo. The 3-25 was introduced. It was a smaller, lighter model, fitted with a more powerful 2500 cc 4 cylinder engine, with a 4 barrel carburetor.
The 3-25 was faster than previous models, and fully capable of going off-road. This made it more suitable as an ambulance. The 3-25 was continued through 1989 as well.
The 4th generation came in 1985, with the 4-25. The 4-25 was a favorite among troops, as it was more ruff and tumble than any of the previous models; and despite having room for 5 inside the cabin, with a utility bench serving as a rear seat, many opted to ride in the bed, where they would able to fire in case of ambush.
As the 1980s started to near the 1990s, there were rising tensions; political protests, mass defections, and ration shortages. The managers at ATI knew that if things continued, they would no longer be able to sustain themselves. They began reaching out to western nations, trying to sell as many cars as they could produce. When western nations weren’t receptive to vehicles that were, let’s face it, outdated, they reached out to anyone who would be willing to buy. The 4-25 became a big seller in many African nations, but it was not enough.
As Estonia declared its independence, ATI knew there would be no more large government orders. They put the company up for sale, hoping some western investment would keep them working. Olympus Motor Group, who had purchased Italian automaker, Giusseppe in the 1960s in order to sell Olympus models in Europe, decided to take on the burgeoning Eastern European market, by acquiring ATI. In the merger, Olympus would gain access to all of ATI’s Eastern Europe, and Asian contacts. ATI would continue to make the 4-25, and design newer, better models with access to Olympus’s technology. Some ATIs would eventually make it back to the United States; but the market was truly a niche one, catering to diehard offroaders, and military buffs. As the 1990s became the 2000s ATI was absorbed into the OMG family, and while their plants run today - mostly manufacturing European spec Olympus and Pegasus models - , the ATI name is no more than a memory.

The 1960s, Giusseppe, and Global Expansion

Detroit Michigan, 1967:
It’s been quite the decade. The United States nearly got involved in a Nuclear war, and were now intervening in the war in Vietnam.

Back at home, Dale and Joe Rathbone were starting to feel their age, as this decade had been particularly stressful. Joe, who had been a bachelor his entire life, had no heirs to leave his share of the company to, and Dale had gotten off to a late start; his eldest son, Dale Joseph was now a freshman at the University of Michigan, with designs of going on to Harvard after graduation. He had two younger children, a daughter named Anne-Marie, and a young son named Aaron. It would be years before any of them would be mature enough to run the company; not enough time for Dale, though. In the spring of 1967, Dale had a heart attack; and though he survived, he was in no position to handle the day to day operations of the Olympus Motor Group. His wife Elizabeth, who was 20 years his junior, took his chair on the board and headed a search committee for OMG’s next CEO.

William Bennett, was hired that May. As the CEO of Big Apple State Bank, he had a head for finance, much like Dale. Bennett took the position with the understanding that the Rathbone family was still in charge, and that his position was to be given to any of the children who would seek the position.

Giusseppe was an Italian manufacturer that Olympus had partnered with in the 1950s to try and sell their cars to Western Europe. This came with mixed results, as Giusseppe itself, while popular in Spain, Portugal, Greece, and Lichtenstein, had a hard time competing in nations with large automotive communities, such as West Germany, the United Kingdom, France, and even at home in Italy. Giusseppe automobiles were often similar to competitors’ cars, but ultimately inferior. Olympus originally had exported their cars to Europe, utilizing Giusseppe’s distribution channels, but many Europeans found Olympus cars too large and unwieldy for narrow European streets. Olympus, being a luxury brand, was also seen as too excessive and overly ostentatious for post war Europe. When in 1955 Giusseppe developed a car that they would build up to Olympus standards, that would appeal to European sensibilities.
gemini
The Gemini was more compact than anything Olympus offered at home; it was more akin to the vehicles OMG was making under its Star marque. The success of the Gemini, inspired a more aggressive soiree into the compact market.
The Karkenos was a bit smaller than the Gemini, but still felt like a premium city car. These two models gave Olympus the European presence the felt they needed, and also helped Giusseppe’s image.
That was, until 1967. As Giusseppes were similar, yet somewhat inferior to their competition, that was often used as a marketing tactic. Giusseppe would often tout their model as being similar, but cheaper than some other model. They found themselves in court quite often for trademark infringement. As Giusseppe himself started to age, his behavior became more erratic. The board removed him as the CEO, and sought outside investors to help with the mounting legal costs that had driven the company to bankruptcy.

William Bennett’s first act as the CEO of Olympus Motor Group was to purchase the Giusseppe Motor Company. Giusseppe was now a marque under the Olympus Motor Group banner. In so doing, Olympus would sell their Olympus branded vehicles at the top tier, Giusseppe at a lower tier, and Pegasus at the lowest tier, in Europe. In the United States however, Olympus would remain as the top tier, while Giusseppe would share the 2nd tier with Pantheon, as they would cater to different demographics, but both would still be slightly upmarket; followed by Star as the common tier and Pegasus as the bargain tier.

Meanwhile, the Agent 069 films proved to be such a hit that they became a franchise, churning out a film every other year. James Connory had retired his spy gadgets to make way for Roger Brosnon. The 1969 film, ‘Never Having to Say You’re Sorry’ would again feature the Olympus Scorpio Elite. Olympus found that demand for the extremely limited Scorpio was undeniable. At the same time, the market was not sustainable for 2 two-seat luxury roadsters (particularly since only slightly down budget, was Pantheon, built for more speed than luxury). With that realization, the Sagittarius was retired (though it would re-appear later), and the Scorpio was now THE two-seat roadster. It would only come in Elite trim, still however, as it would share the same chassis as the Pantheon Challenger XS in the United States, and the Giusseppe G-250R in Europe.

3 Likes

The 1970s: The William Bennett era and the oil embargo.
William Bennett was running thing smoothly at Olympus Motor Group. With the Capricorn taking up where the Libra left off, that gave Bennett and Olympus engineers the luxury (no pun intended) to innovate the Libra model. Other top name luxury brands had brought to market what became known as the personal luxury vehicle - a large front wheel drive four seater - targeted at middle age divorcees. While not necessarily a trend setter, the Libra took the concept to another level; being the only company to offer a V12 in their personal luxury vehicle. The front wheel drive Libra debuted as a 1969 model and ran until 1974.

The oil embargo hit the auto industry hard. This was especially true for large luxury models, as it not only created a gas shortage, but also triggered a recession. During this time, the Scorpio was culled from the Olympus lineup, with the intent that Pantheon would be the sole OMG source of performance vehicles. This kept Pantheon from cannibalizing Olympus sales, and vice versa. Also due to get the axe were the Aquarius luxury off-road, and the Capricorn. The Virgo, being the brands trademark offering was kept as is, unapologetically large, though CAFE restrictions would lead to smaller, tamer power plants. The Libra had already made its paradigm shift as a personal luxury coupe, a front wheel drive at that; it was too late to go back. The 1975 models had already been ordered, and the next iteration could not possibly go to market any sooner than as a 1980 model.

During this time Olympus Motor Group shifted a majority of focus towards its Star and Pegasus brands. As Americans began looking more seriously at compact offerings from import brands, Bennett devised a marketing strategy to point out that America already has its very own compact. Branded as an Import from America, the Pegasus began to see a boost in popularity. People who had looked down on the ‘shabby’ little entry-level cars, were now buying them en-masse. in 1977, sales of all Pegasus models combined outpaced both Olympus and Pantheon combined; Star models only outsold Pegasus by a whopping 5,000 units. This was impressive as Star offered more different models than Pegasus.
That was not to say that Olympus Motor Group was immune to pressure from imports. Olympus itself was now down to two models, that were being bought primarily by staunch loyalists; they weren’t practical in any sense of the imagination. In order to bring in new customers, Olympus began importing the Italian made Olympus Gemini; made by Giusseppe. They also began to import Giusseppe vehicles in an effort to attract set import buyers. The G-160, was a favorable competitor to anything brought by Japan.
Then in 1978, the company that had been started by a man and his brother, with hopes of one day passing it down through his family for future generations, was returned to the family. In a ceremony at Olympus Motor Group headquarters, a frail, 77 year old Dale Rathbone took the ceremonial keys to the company from William Bennett, and handed them to his daughter Anne Marie Rathbone. Anne Marie was to take the title of CEO and chairman of the board of directors. William Bennett was given Joe’s old seat, as he was ready to retire too, as assistant chairman. Anne Marie had been studying engineering, and had a few ideas of what was to come, heading into the next decade. Bennett was named Vice President in charge of marketing. The future was Olympus.

4 Likes

Into the 1980s

In 1980, the Libra launched a new model, as a front wheel drive, despite internal discussions of returning it to its roots as a rear wheel drive luxury coupe. To make up for this, the Capricorn was brought back to the lineup after a 4 year absence. Both cars were built on a similar platform, with the Libra being a bit shorter overall.

The Virgo was given a cosmetic refresh in 1981. The front and rear fascia were cleaned up a bit, and the power plant was updated to be more efficient. Since aftermarket stretching had been known compromise the structural integrity of the vehicles, Olympus began to offer factory made limousines at many domestic dealers.

Missing the deadline for a 1982 model year release, the European inspired Gemini was released as a 1982 1/2 model.

Author’s note: When I was in 4th grade, it was my dream to own my own car factory. I particularly loved drawing police cars and limousines. Thanks to Automation and @Corvette6317, I can do both.

…to be continued

Into the 1980s continued

American manufacturers were resorting to badge engineering and smaller econo-box models, even among luxury car makers. This was about the time when fine German, and even Japanese models started to take over market share. Olympus countered with the European inspired Gemini, released originally in mid 1982, which proved immensely popular; not just for it’s style, but also for its entry level price tag. Now you could look like an upper-middle class suburbanite, while living in a working class neighborhood. By 1988, little had changed other than the shape of the headlights and front fascia.

Drawing on the European inspired design theme, Olympus released an update for the Libra, that featured a smaller, more fuel efficient engine.

By this time, Olympus’s market was more or less Wall Street Yuppies, Doctors, Lawyers and the like; not so much the car enthusiast anymore. Most did not know the meanings of the words Brougham, Landau, or Saloon, let alone pretentious terms such as Luxe and DuLuxe. As a result, the naming convention of trim levels were condensed into simplified letter combinations: For the entry-level, ELX replaced Executive, PRX replaced premium, LX replaced the Luxe trim, and DLX for DuLuxe. Elite trim was retained, but was limited to only certain models.

Insurance and CAFE regulations had put a damper on the performance car market in the 1970s and 1980s, leading to the cancellation of Olympus’s former performance models, lest they cannibalize Pantheon models’ sales. A surge in popularity due to increasing disposable income and yuppie culture, made Pantheon one of the more profitable product lines in the mid 1980s, which embolden Olympus’s decision to bring back their popular Sagittarius Roadster. Sagittarius, along with the brand’s flagship Virgo, would be the only cars in the 1980s to emblazon the company’s Elite trim decals.

SIDE NOTE
In 1985 Olympus Motor Group purchased a Japanese manufacturer, Nagoya - named after the hometown of its corporate headquarters - in an effort to expand its influence into Asia, Africa, and Australia and New Zealand. At the time, Nagoya had designs on expanding its sales to North America; such a move would have eroded at OMG’s Pegasus sales numbers. This hostile takeover bid made sure that never came to be. In Japan, South Korea, and Oceana, Olympus would be marketed alongside Nagoya, though most designs were by Nagoya’s engineers.

1990s
As of December 31, 1990 - the official last day of the 1980s - Olympus Motor Group had long outlasted all the other independent auto manufacturers, while at the same time, maintaining a commitment to its customers, as well as its employees. The company evolved in all of its departments: Pegasus - at one time, merely a budget friendly, folksy brand - had developed into a cost-value sales leader. Star continued to cater to the mass market, which by this time was quite diverse. Pantheon - envisioned as a performance brand - was essentially two companies: The hyper/super Challenger XS, and the sporty coupes and sedans marketed towards everyone else. Giusseppe proliferated, along with Olympus across all of western Europe, while ATI proliferated all across Eastern Europe and the Middle East, and Nagoya across Asia, Africa, and Oceana.
Olympus on the other hand, while evolving, maintained its same stated goal and focus: High tech, high end luxury vehicles. Olympus strives with every release to be better than other vehicles in their class. Most of Olympus’s evolution came from within; technical aspects such as fuel efficiency, comfort, safety, and best of all, gadgetry.
The first cell phone equipped Olympus models started appearing in 1984, but were often limited to Elite trim models. In 1991, all models were now equipped with cell phone antennas, dialing screens in the dash console, and hands-free speaker phone. This was on top of other niceties, such as passenger air-bags, quad-zone climate control, and CD players.

This Olympus Virgo was originally released in 1993, pictured here as a 1994 model.

Originally dropping in 1992, the all new Capricorn was still the only Olympus model available in Coupe, Sedan, or Estate model (even though the Estate seems to be missing its mirrors. Surely, a result of an accident on the way to the photographer’s studio)

2 Likes

Nagoya Motors, International

Nagoya Japan: March 1972

Two engineers, Hideki Kisagari and Sekori Awamura, decided to split off from their employer, a well renown manufacturer of rotary engine cars. They felt that the rotary engines, while powerful, yet quirky and endearing to the corporation’s customer base, were too problematic. Their bosses did not agree, and their concerns would fall numerous times upon deaf ears.

Kisagari and Awamura felt that they could design an equally appealing light sport lineup of vehicles, equally as endearing to their customers, without all of the wankery. Kisagari had designs for a box 4 motor, that could confidently power a lightweight, rear-wheel drive car; one that Awamura would design.

Almost immediately there was tension between the two. Each had wrangled up their own set of investors, and each had their own idea of the direction of the company. Most importantly, they could not agree upon a name. Kisagari wanted to name the company Hide-Sek, combining the names of the two founders, while Awamura wanted to call the company Baraea, which means ingenuity in Arabic. The two argued, even on the cab ride to the patent office; each threatening to leave the venture, taking their investors with them. As they entered the patent office, neither one had any intention of blinking; that is until their attorney announced them as the representatives from Nagoya. It was so simple, and it said everything it needed about the company. That day, the pair registered their company as Nagoya Motors, International.

With all the proper patents and permits filed, and all the funding in place, the partners laid out a plan to release their first car. Dubbed the Osprey, based on the company’s platform naming convention (later models would be internally referred to, and sold in Japan and South Korea, by their platform name, while international offerings would utilize localized naming conventions, especially after their purchase by OMG), the first model featured a 1.5 liter Box 4 producing 70 Kw. The Osprey debuted to the public for the 1975 model year and initially was only available in Japan and South Korea.
HighresScreenshot00053HighresScreenshot00054
Other platforms were patented, and would join the lineup, such as the mid-size Falcon,
HighresScreenshot00055HighresScreenshot00057
and the Kei class Swallow.
HighresScreenshot00051HighresScreenshot00052
There were also patents filed for a full-size upscale model, dubbed Eagle, and a heavy utility vehicle, called the Crane, but those were never brought to market. A mid-engine model, dubbed the Sparrow was added later to the lineup.

HighresScreenshot00027HighresScreenshot00028
The 1980s saw an extra sporty version of the Osprey, dubbed the Osprey XS, which came to be known by enthusiasts by the mid 1990s and early 2000s, as the NO-XS

Between 1975 and 1978, Nagoya was only available in Japan and South Korea. Starting with the 1979 model year, Nagoya was found in fourteen countries. In 1981, Nagoyas could be found in South Africa, New Zealand, and Australia. By 1982 Nagoya had reached the shores in the western hemisphere, as a company in Argentina began importing them and selling them throughout South America.

It was about this time, when Nagoya began to show up on Olympus’s radar. The Nagoya Osprey had begun to eat away at the market share enjoyed by OMG’s Pegasus brand, as the value cost leader in South America. Add to this that Nagoya had just broke ground on a new plant and headquarters in Belize, with the intent of spreading up through central America; and even were in negotiations with an importer in Los Angeles, to bring Nagoya models into the United States, Mexico, and Canada.

The board of directors at Olympus Motor Group, were impressed and a bit threatened with how well, and rapidly Nagoya’s expansion plans were going. Nagoya operated around the same price range as comparable Pegasus models (import fees and taxes would have made them slightly more expensive). Pegasus had become a larger part of the OMG portfolio since the oil embargo and Japanese invasion of the 1970s; the last thing Olympus wanted was another competitor, especially one that operate within their target demographic.

The company’s recourse was obvious; they made a purchase offer for Nagoya Motors, International. Their bid was accepted, perhaps thinking that this would bring Nagoya to the North American market. Instead, Olympus absorbed Nagoya as a sub-brand of the company. They re-positioned the brand to be slightly up-market from Pegasus, and in many countries, the two were sold side-by-side. Sometimes American designs, that would have been sold as Pegasus in the U.S. and Canada, where marketed as Nagoya. An example of this would be the Nagoya Tagalong crossover SUV, a port of the Pegasus Tagalong, a downscale version of the Star Journey, and the Olympus Aquarius. http://discourse.automationgame.com/uploads/default/optimized/4X/b/2/e/b2e6d51ad28fdd350f265e65873377cec4341b42_1_690x388.jpg

Kisagari and Awamura continued to design cars for Nagoya, until the former’s death in 1997, and the latter’s retirement in 2002. Some of Nagoya’s designs would eventually make it to the North American market, such as the Sparrow, which was re-branded as the Pantheon Sparrow.

Chapman Coachworks
In 1896, Horace Chapman Co. was founded by Horace A. Chapman III. A maker of luxury coaches for over 50 years, Chapman found sadly, that after the World War II had ended, his largest customer had decided to make all their bodies, in-house. To keep his business moving forward, Mr. Chapman designed and built the short lived 1500 and the more expensive 2100. Between 1948 and 1950, Chapman had sold about 5,000 examples of the 1500, while about 3,000 examples of the 2100 were sold. The 1500 featured a 1500 cc inline 4 that produced 50 bhp, whereas the 2100 utilized a 2111 cc inline 6 and produced 80 bhp. In 1950, the Horace Chapman Co. would shudder its facilities.

That would have been the end of the story, until 1997. The sale of a predominant luxury manufacturer, and the revival of a few more, in the European market, inspired the Board of Directors at Olympus, to start up their own Ultra-Lux brand. After Purchasing the Chapman Coachworks name, they revived the brand, and began hand assembling cars at a plant in Sussex England. Intended for limited production, these vehicles would be custom order only, and carry a hefty, elite sized price tag.

Complete with Elite Luxury accoutrements:
Umbrella
A plethora of choice interiors from Wagyu steer leather
Gary
Choices only limited by your imagination
Bill
Little known fact: It is perfectly legal to own leather works made of human flesh, so long as the donor is of sound mind and body, and dies of natural causes; needless to say, it’s on back order.

Originally, I named my performance brand, Orion. I submitted a vehicle in CSR, only to be told that someone else was using that name. Sure enough, szafirowy01 had registered that brand a month before I did. I changed the brand to Pantheon, but I’ve never really felt like it fit. I would like to petition that since szafirowy01 has not posted in almost a year, that I would like to take the Orion name back.

I’ve been having some issues with Automation lately. In particular, all my cars are gone, and my files keep getting moved around. Anyway, COVID19 has given me some free time to do some things; unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), I was unable to get this done in time for CSR 121. It presented some interesting challenges, such as the 3.0 liter I-6 not actually fitting in this body. Eventually I figured it out, by basically spamming the quality sliders. The end result doesn’t reach peak horsepower in the power band (The real life inspiration does so at 7,000 RPM according to wikipedia, with a redline at 7,200), and even with +15 quality, the only way I can keep the pistons and conrods from blowing up, is by making them forged. My entry, had I finished in time, would’ve been a bit longer, with a 2.8 liter I-6, and a more pedestrian 205 HP.
Giusseppe_-_G3.car (35.4 KB)

I updated to openbeta, to try out the new campaign mode (I’m just as confused as ever). Then I rolled it back to the stable version, but none of the mods work. This would’ve been my entry, but I wasn’t comfortable with the design. NA 6.0 liter V-8 producing 500 HP, going 0-62 in 5.70 seconds (My take on a SRT8 trimmed down to fit). I tried to get 450 HP from a 3.8 liter I-6 (My take on a X5), but the turbo took 3200 rpm to spool up, and even with forged internals, the crank, pistons, and conrods were nowhere near good enough.Model_3_-_Trim_4_Clone.car (31.8 KB)

Alternate design

Neither of those impressed on discord, so I tried this. Still wasn’t comfortable.

I call them concept prototypes for the 2014 Olympus Pisces X60.