Home | Wiki | Discord | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

Olympus Motor Group


#50

I’ve been having some issues with Automation lately. In particular, all my cars are gone, and my files keep getting moved around. Anyway, COVID19 has given me some free time to do some things; unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), I was unable to get this done in time for CSR 121. It presented some interesting challenges, such as the 3.0 liter I-6 not actually fitting in this body. Eventually I figured it out, by basically spamming the quality sliders. The end result doesn’t reach peak horsepower in the power band (The real life inspiration does so at 7,000 RPM according to wikipedia, with a redline at 7,200), and even with +15 quality, the only way I can keep the pistons and conrods from blowing up, is by making them forged. My entry, had I finished in time, would’ve been a bit longer, with a 2.8 liter I-6, and a more pedestrian 205 HP.
Giusseppe_-_G3.car (35.4 KB)


#51

I updated to openbeta, to try out the new campaign mode (I’m just as confused as ever). Then I rolled it back to the stable version, but none of the mods work. This would’ve been my entry, but I wasn’t comfortable with the design. NA 6.0 liter V-8 producing 500 HP, going 0-62 in 5.70 seconds (My take on a SRT8 trimmed down to fit). I tried to get 450 HP from a 3.8 liter I-6 (My take on a X5), but the turbo took 3200 rpm to spool up, and even with forged internals, the crank, pistons, and conrods were nowhere near good enough.Model_3_-_Trim_4_Clone.car (31.8 KB)


Alternate design

Neither of those impressed on discord, so I tried this. Still wasn’t comfortable.

I call them concept prototypes for the 2014 Olympus Pisces X60.