Once More (Unto the Breach) [FINAL RESULTS]

Team Rockport

Situation Report

It’s been quite a while since the duo has started their journey for Red Cloud Park. Although driving in a straight line is very fun and efficient, the fun part only sticks for an hour or two at most. And after driving hundreds of miles like this, Leo and Zack are both exhausted and have started to lose their minds. They’ve also noticed the SES light being on. Having no prior experience with other Vector cars of this age, and considering this is a road car version of a racecar, they decided not to come into conclusions just yet. Right now they’ve decided to stop at Stewartville in America’s Stay inn and meanwhile get their engine checked by a professional mechanic.

4 Likes

You are correct on both counts there. But, when I processed his submission, I told him there would absolutely be fatalities if he crashed that thing. Just keeping up my end of the bargain… er… threat…

6 Likes

Previous time block

Saturday, 10PM - Sunday 12AM Eastern Time

Legend of Terms:

POI NOTE: I will NOT be pre-warning of upcoming POI points. I will ONLY auto-stop teams for two things: fuel and, when completely exhausted, rest. Anything else you want (including tourist POI, restaurants, premature fuel, rest at any point before complete exhaustion), YOU need to PM me in advance (before I run the time block that you’d complete it in). Also, please don’t map out everything from here to the end in one PM… try to keep it within a couple time blocks. Remember: Tourist POI and sit-down restaurants (not fast food) give bonuses to morale and fatigue, but take some time. Tourist POI also give points to the POI award at the end.

BD: Block Distance. This is the amount of mileage covered during the current 2 hour period.
OD: Overall Distance. This is the total distance that the team has covered since the event started.
FS: Fuel Status. Approximate fuel reading on the vehicle’s fuel gauge.
MRL: Morale modifier
FTG: Fatigue Level
Last Town: Last town of note that was passed (will not include tiny villages)
Next Waypoint: Should be self explanatory.
Weather Condition: Current weather condition at the end of the time block.
Notes: Any notes I have for your team during this time block. Including POI results, car issues, etc.

VicVictory:
BD: 141 mi OD: 1918 mi FS: 1/2 MRL: +0 FTG: +10
Last Town: Wisconsin Dells, WI Next Waypoint: Toledo Ironworks Heritage Museum
Weather Condition: 58 degrees, cloudy
Notes: Waypoint complete: Red Cloud Park. Team has refueled in LaCrosse, WI. Team is checking in at the Staybridge Suites in Wisconsin Dells at the end of this time block. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

@Elizipeazie:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: -9
Last Town: Lacrosse, WI Next Waypoint: Toledo Ironworks Heritage Museum
Weather Condition: 57 degrees, cloudy
Notes: Team is asleep at the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.
Ongoing issue: Clunk in front end, wandering steering

@BannedByAndroid:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: -9
Last Town: LaCrosse, WI Next Waypoint: Toledo Ironworks Heritage Museum
Notes: Team is asleep at the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI.
Ongoing issue: Vehicle is making a clunking noise from the front going over bumpy roads. SES light is on. Hesitation and misfiring; car cannot exceed 80 MPH.

@kobacrashi:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: -8
Notes: Waypoint Complete: Red Cloud Park. Team is asleep at the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI
Ongoing issue: Car is making a grinding noise when turning right.

@Madrias:
BD: 76 mi OD: 1918 mi FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: +2
Notes: Team has refueled in Wisconsin Dells, WI. Team has stopped for the night at the Staybridge Suites in Wisconsin Dells. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH
Ongoing issue: Rattling noise in engine. Chip in windshield.

@mart1n2005:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1705 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: -8
Last Town: Albert Lea, MN Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Notes: Team is asleep at the Best Western Plus in Albert Lea, MN.
Ongoing issue: Jury-rigged RR suspension mount. Unknown how long it will hold. Transmission making low grumbling noise above 15 MPH.

@Mikonp7:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1537 mi FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: -8
Last Town: Sioux Falls, SD Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Weather Condition: 58 degrees, clear
Notes: Team is asleep at Days Inn in Sioux Falls, SD.

@Centurion_23:
BD: 93 mi OD: 1705 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +0 FTG: +8
Notes: Team has refueled in Jackson, MN. It took nearly the entire time block to get to Albert Lea and check in, due to lane closure from the Menderson van accident. Team has checked in to the Best Western Plus in Albert Lea, MN

@Xepy:
BD: 60 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/2 MRL: +0 FTG: +1
Notes: Waypoint complete: Red Cloud Park. Team has checked in to the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI.

@Private_Miros:
BD: 119 mi OD: 1918 mi FS: UNKNOWN MRL: +1 FTG: +7
Notes: Waypoint complete: Red Cloud Park. Team has stopped for the night at the Staybridge Suites in Wisconsin Dells, WI
Ongoing issues: SES light is on, transmission slipping slightly. Climate controls, power accessories, gauge cluster, radio not working.

@Boiled_Steak:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1621 mi FS: 3/4 MRL: +0 FTG: -8
Last Town: Jackson, MN Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Weather Condition: 56 degrees, cloudy
Notes: Team has stopped for the night at the AmericInn in Jackson, MN.
Ongoing issue: Slight hesitation at high speed. More pronounced now that the speed limit has increased.

@GetWrekt01:
BD: 5 mi OD: 1755 mi FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: -7
Last Town: Stewartville, MN Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Notes: Team has refueled in Stewartville, MN. Team has stopped at the America’s Stay Inn in Stewartville, MN.
Ongoing issue: SES light is on.

@Ryan93:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1167 FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: -10
Last Town: Sturgis, SD Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Weather Condition: 60 degrees, clear
Notes: Team is asleep at the Super 8 motel in Sturgis.

@Radster:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1621 mi FS: 1/2+ MRL: +1 FTG: -9
Notes: Team is asleep at the AmericInn in Jackson, MN.

@SkylineFTW97:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1537 mi FS: LOW MRL: +0 FTG: -7
Notes: Team is asleep at the Days Inn in Sioux Falls.
Ongoing issue: Radiator failed, team has to wait for parts stores to open.

@Keikyun:
BD: 88 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +0 FTG: +4
Notes: Team has refueled in Rochester, MN. Waypoint complete: Red Cloud Park. Team has checked in to the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

Vehicles that are traveling in packs:

Note: vehicles within ~5 miles of each other are within CB range. Group chats via social media are available.

Team Greasy Lightning

(In the parking lot of the Staybridge Suites)

Jen: Hey, isn’t that the car of those Tiger guys?
Fuzz: Yup.
Jen (peering closer): Huh. Cat whiskers next to the headlights. Kinda looks like… DAMMIT FUZZ
Fuzz cackles and runs into the hotel

[/quote]

5 Likes

Team Tiger Trouble

Kayden pulled into the parking lot at the Staybridge Suites, shutting off the rattling Sinistra before getting everyone out of the car. Kayden grabbed both of his suitcases, and Jaden grabbed his and Kaylie’s, as she was still recovering from the beers earlier.

After getting checked in and settled in their room, Kayden got in contact with Kiva. “My current location is our stop for the night. Keep an eye open for our friends in the Keystone, and be prepared.”

“Gotcha, loud and clear. I’ll find a safe place to land, get my stuff, and await further information on their location.” Kiva replied. In the background, Kayden could hear a keyboard clicking away, and Kiva muttering about “…Background, I’m thinking, maybe 770066. Text, that should be much less agreeable at FFFF00.”

Kayden shook his head, then asked, “Kiva, what in the name of the Seven Sisters are you up to?”

“Oh, shit. I thought I ended the call. I’m… Redecorating. You know, the website you sent me to?” Kiva replied.

“Really? Why am I not surprised you’re up to no good?”

“Hey, if it throws off the scent, so to speak, of the warning I left earlier, then I see no reason not to do this. Plus, it’s not as if their IT department can’t undo everything I’ve just done.” Kiva replied, a ringing musical chuckle in his voice.

It was a while later that Jaden noticed the Keystone arriving in the lot. “Go-time, Kiva. They just arrived.” Kayden said. Kiva laughed, then headed to their location as quickly and silently as Mal’s borrowed shuttle would let him. He watched as Greasy Lightning headed into the hotel, landed the ship, and got out, carrying his bag of gift wrapping paper, tape, and several yards of ribbon. He waved the ship off, and watched as the Polar Star slid silently back into the sky, knowing it would be in orbit for his use later. At least, he certainly hoped so.

The Hybrid moved quickly between the cars, as quietly as his cowboy boots would allow. His cowboy hat sat with the brim tilted down, blocking the light from hitting his vivid purple eyes, not wanting to give away his position if someone heard the noise. His duster kept him cloaked in the darkness, but he waited until he couldn’t see Greasy Lightning in the lobby before making his next move. Kiva tipped his hat back, letting the light reach his eyes as he got out the rolls of wrapping paper and the tape. He’d barely gotten the first strip of tape and paper in place before his tail, twitching with amusement, hit a nearby SUV and set off the car alarm. “Sun and Moon!” Kiva hissed under his breath, moving to hide behind the Keystone, and taking his wrapping job back there as well. “They should be glad I’ve got the spike-proof bag over it, or they’d have four flat tires. Either turn it off or answer it, you twit.” Kiva grumbled. When the truck stopped wailing, Kiva continued his wrap job.

“Over the windows we go. Christmas Tree racing stripes.”

4 Likes

Team “Buy Skyrim”

After they have checked in the Hampton Inn, they ate dinner, and then proceed to rest and sleep in the hotel at approx. 9:30 PM.

NAOMI: Well, it’s a nice meal, huh? Wanna go for something fancier next time?

VINCENT: Yeah. Sure.

But at 11:30 AM some person broke into the inn’s parking lot and stole the car, yet nobody saw the car was gone. Meanwhile the team is sleeping.

4 Likes

TGGBA: SHITBOX CRUSADERS

cba rp for past few days, school etc, so here comes a lazy multiple one

They wake up.

E: “Yuri… something’s not right about her.”

later…

D: “The engine is taking very long to start, and seems to sputter a lot.”
H: “I think something is off with fueling system.”

laterer…

H: “The fuel pump is dead.”

fuel pump changed
much laterererer…
E: “Is that the box van, tipped over?”
Y: “I think… someone died! They are being carried in the bodybags!”
E: “DAMN! looks away
H: “I think I should rest soon.”

4 Likes

… uh… wut?

4 Likes

The story isn’t quite finished yet, expect a plot twist soon.

(back on topic)

Team “Buy Skyrim”

By that point the car was being stolen, the car suddenly won’t move due to the thief didn’t know how a manual transmission work. At the same time 2 security guards saw the car’s lights turned on and proceed to approach the car. The thief immediately turned off the car’s lights, and promptly ran away with some tools.

Several minutes after the guards came to inspect the car.

GUARD 1: looks at the car with the door open Well, that guy just…left.

GUARD 2: Alright, at least nothing’s being stolen anyway.

The guards left. All that’s left is the car, with a broken window, broken driver door lock and a jammed passenger rear door due to the thief’s clumsy actions while evading the guards.

Back at the room… (Yup, This is legitimately a room from the hotel itself)
Vincent then woke up after he heard some car alarm sounds and some light. He then tries to not wake up Naomi that slept on his side, and approaching the room’s window.

VINCENT: yawns What the fuck is that?

Naomi then woke up, lies in her bed and saw Vincent staring at the window.

VINCENT: Darling, what’s happening?

NAOMI: saws the lights and alarm goes off IDK, maybe it’s someone else which has a much faulty car then us. I’m pretty tired now, can you let me sleep?

VINCENT: Sure.

Naomi then proceeds to sleep, and then shortly after Vincent went back to his bed and slept. But nobody knows that a thief tries to steal their car but failed at that time.

5 Likes

OOC: lmao had me worried for a sec dude

2 Likes

Previous time block

Sunday, 12AM - 2AM Eastern Time

Legend of Terms:

POI NOTE: I will NOT be pre-warning of upcoming POI points. I will ONLY auto-stop teams for two things: fuel and, when completely exhausted, rest. Anything else you want (including tourist POI, restaurants, premature fuel, rest at any point before complete exhaustion), YOU need to PM me in advance (before I run the time block that you’d complete it in). Also, please don’t map out everything from here to the end in one PM… try to keep it within a couple time blocks. Remember: Tourist POI and sit-down restaurants (not fast food) give bonuses to morale and fatigue, but take some time. Tourist POI also give points to the POI award at the end.

BD: Block Distance. This is the amount of mileage covered during the current 2 hour period.
OD: Overall Distance. This is the total distance that the team has covered since the event started.
Notes: Any notes I have for your team during this time block. Including POI results, car issues, etc.

VicVictory:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1918 mi FS: 1/2 MRL: +0 FTG: -7
Notes: Team is asleep at the Staybridge Suites in Wisconsin Dells. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

@Elizipeazie:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: -11

@BannedByAndroid:
Ongoing issue: Vehicle is making a clunking noise from the front going over bumpy roads. SES light is on. Hesitation and misfiring; car cannot exceed 80 MPH.

@kobacrashi:
Notes: Team is asleep at the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI

@Madrias:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1918 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: -8
Notes: Team is asleep at the Staybridge Suites in Wisconsin Dells. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH

@mart1n2005:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1705 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: -11
Ongoing issue: Jury-rigged RR suspension mount. Unknown how long it will hold. Transmission making low grumbling noise above 15 MPH.

@Mikonp7:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1537 mi FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: +0
Weather Condition: 56 degrees, clear
Notes: Team wakes up at 1am and will be on the road at the start of the next time block.

@Centurion_23:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1705 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +0 FTG: -8
Notes: Team is asleep at the Best Western Plus in Albert Lea, MN

@Xepy:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/2 MRL: +0 FTG: -9

@Private_Miros:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1918 mi FS: UNKNOWN MRL: +0 FTG: -8
Notes: Team is asleep at the Staybridge Suites in Wisconsin Dells, WI
Ongoing issues: SES light is on, transmission slipping slightly. Climate controls, power accessories, gauge cluster, radio not working.

@Boiled_Steak:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1621 mi FS: 3/4 MRL: +0 FTG: -11
Weather Condition: 55 degrees, cloudy
Ongoing issue: Slight hesitation at high speed. More pronounced now that the speed limit has increased.

@GetWrekt01:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1755 mi FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: -10
Notes: Team is asleep at the America’s Stay Inn in Stewartville, MN.

@Ryan93:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1167 FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: +0
Last Town: Sturgis, SD Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Weather Condition: 57 degrees, clear
Notes: Team wakes up at 1am and will be on the road at the start of the next time block.

@Radster:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1621 mi FS: 1/2+ MRL: +1 FTG: -11

@SkylineFTW97:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1537 mi FS: LOW MRL: +0 FTG: -9

@Keikyun:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +0 FTG: -7
Notes: Team is asleep at the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

Note: vehicles within ~5 miles of each other are within CB range. Group chats via social media are available.

Team Greasy Lightning

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

4 Likes

Team Tiger Trouble

While Kayden, Kaylie, and Jaden slept in their hotel room, Kiva was still up to mischief in the parking lot.

Kiva glared at a late arrival, not one of the competitors, but a minivan. He tried to get out of sight, but judging by the way one of the children reacted, Kiva knew he hadn’t quite been fast enough.

“Mommy, mommy, I saw a demon!”
“David, I have had enough of your lies. There are no demons, monsters, or any other creatures from those damn games you play.”
“But he’s over there, dressed up like a cowboy.”

When the mother looked, Kiva made sure he was hidden behind the Keystone, really not wanting to play “Spanish Inquisition” with a tired parent.

“It’s just a shadow, David. You’re seeing things because you’re tired and you keep rotting your brain with games.”

Kiva stood back up, watching as the kid stared at him. He tipped his hat lightly, stuck out his foot-long pale blue forked tongue, and held a fireball in his right hand, before extinguishing the fireball and going back to his task.

“It’s not like she’ll believe him later anyway.” Kiva mumbled to himself, before unrolling another tube of wrapping paper, taping it to the Keystone’s roof, and rolling a wide stripe down the windshield, over the hood, and attaching the end to the bumper.

It was almost 30 minutes later when Kiva finished wrapping the car in gift paper. “Three layers deep, outer layer is a pleasant shade of blue, the windows are all separately outlined in red, and it has Christmas tree green racing stripes. Now to tie this bright pink ribbon right around the middle, and this orange one the long way around.”

Kiva grinned as he tied up the two-color bow on the roof of the car, before heading inside to get a room of his own.

The instant he walked inside and the receptionist looked up, she screamed. Kiva’s ears went flat as he took off his hat, and he shook his head at the outburst of noise. “That wasn’t necessary.” Kiva said, stepping up to the counter. “I’d like to rent a room.”

“Leave this place, demon. Go back where you came from.”

Kiva sighed. “I’m not a demon.”

“A Hellhound is still a demon.”

This time, Kiva growled, a rather unusual sound that mixed the growls of both lion and wolf, with a harsh resonating note like the rumble of thunder. Glass shook as Kiva held the growl for several seconds, before he said, “I’m trying to be nice. Keep treating me like a demon and I’ll act like one. If it helps ease your mind any, I am friends with the tiger folk who you’ve already let in.”

Just then, Kayden stepped into the lobby, having gone hunting for snacks. He’d heard Kiva’s growl and decided to go intervene before Kiva broke something, and overheard him mention that he was friends with him and his siblings. He closed the distance quickly, pulled Kiva off of his feet in a bear hug, then said, “Kiva! It’s been a long time since last we met.”

“Okay, Kayden, I need to breathe. Please put me down.” Kiva said, and Kayden let Kiva go.

“He’s with us, I’ll vouch for him.” Kayden said.

“Fine, but I need a name and a card to rent him a room.”

Kiva smiled, then said, “Kiva Stateson.” He handed over his own credit card, from a bank in Nevada, and the receptionist looked at it before asking, “Kivenaal?”

“Never heard of a nickname, lady?” Kiva grumbled. “C’mon, I’m tired and cranky.”

Kayden grinned, then said, “He’s got a fiery temper. I’d hurry.”

As Kiva got his room key, and the two headed back to their rooms, Kiva smiled and said, “I can’t believe that you, of all people, made that pun.”

4 Likes

And since literally every car was off the road last time block, here’s a bonus block for today.

Previous time block

Sunday, 2AM - 4AM Eastern Time

Legend of Terms:

VicVictory:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1918 mi FS: 1/2 MRL: +0 FTG: -10
Notes: Team is asleep at the Staybridge Suites in Wisconsin Dells. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

@Elizipeazie:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: -12

@BannedByAndroid:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: -12

@kobacrashi:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +1 FTG: -8
Notes: Team wakes up at the end of the time block and will be on the road 1 hour later.

@Madrias:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1918 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: -11
Notes: Team is asleep at the Staybridge Suites in Wisconsin Dells. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH

@mart1n2005:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1705 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: -12

@Mikonp7:
BD: 162 mi OD: 1699 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: +0
Last Town: Alden, MN Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Weather Condition: 56 degrees, clear
Notes: None

@Centurion_23:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1705 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +0 FTG: -11

@Xepy:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/2 MRL: +0 FTG: -12

@Private_Miros:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1918 mi FS: UNKNOWN MRL: +0 FTG: -11
Notes: Team is asleep at the Staybridge Suites in Wisconsin Dells, WI

@Boiled_Steak:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1621 mi FS: 3/4 MRL: +0 FTG: -12

@GetWrekt01:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1755 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: -11
Notes: Team is asleep at the America’s Stay Inn in Stewartville, MN.

@Ryan93:
BD: 170 mi OD: 1337 mi FS: 1/2 MRL: +0 FTG: +0
Last Town: Kennebec, SD Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Notes: Team has passed into the Central Time Zone (ET-1).

@Radster:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1621 mi FS: 1/2+ MRL: +1 FTG: -3
Notes: Team wakes up at 3am and will be on the road at the start of the next time block.

@SkylineFTW97:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1537 mi FS: LOW MRL: +1 FTG: -1

@Keikyun:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +0 FTG: -10
Notes: Team is asleep at the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

Team Greasy Lightning

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

5 Likes

Team Tiger Trouble

(As all members (and supplemental/temporary ones, too) are asleep, this post will just contain the general synopsis of their dreams.)

Kayden is dreaming about a sparring match. Unfortunately for him, he’s up against Malavera and Kiva at the same time, and he’s losing badly.

Jaden is dreaming about tinkering with Earth technology. Somehow he’s managed to make a toaster into a weapon of mass distraction. Burnt toast for everyone!

Kaylie is dreaming about starship maintenance. She’s also pretty sure fixing a faster-than-light engine doesn’t involve a half-naked Leoni, but she’s going with it because it’s her dream.

Kiva is dreaming about that time he flew [CLASSIFIED] over [CLASSIFIED] at Mach [CLASSIFIED], and also about that time he borrowed a rifle from the armory for a little target practice. They still haven’t figured out exactly who shot the rattles off of the rattlesnakes.

5 Likes

TGGBA: SC

The isekai quartet are asleep.

Externally, it is only apparent they are asleep.

However, a small insight is provided of Yuri’s dream.

The alarms are noticed, as she is called into piloting [REDACTED] Unit-E231 as Tokyo is under attack by [REDACTED], and organisation [REDACTED] was formed to combat these creatures, known as [REDACTED]…

4 Likes

Team “Buy Skyrim”

Everyone is asleep. Naomi’s phone, a OnePlus 7T somehow rang, and it’s from [CLASSIFIED] (actually it’s from her mom but I just put that because for some reason)

4 Likes

Team Rockport

Situation update

Zack and Leo are fast asleep. They’ve checked in the America’s Inn and will wake up shortly to continue their journey once again, of course not before sorting out the SES light

2 Likes

Previous time block

Sunday, 4AM - 6AM Eastern Time

Legend of Terms:

VicVictory:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1918 mi FS: 1/2 MRL: +0 FTG: -11

@Elizipeazie:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +1 FTG: -2
Notes: Team wakes up at 5a and will be starting diagnostics on their car at the start of next time block. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

@BannedByAndroid:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +1 FTG: -5
Notes: Team wakes up at 5a and will be on the road at the start of next time block.

@kobacrashi:
BD: 68 mi OD: 1896 mi FS: 1/4- MRL: +0 FTG: +0
Last Town: New Lisbon, WI Next Waypoint: Toledo Ironworks Heritage Museum
Notes: None.

@Madrias:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1918 mi FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: -6
Notes: Team wakes up at 5a and will be on the road at the beginning of next time block. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH

@mart1n2005:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1705 mi FS: FULL MRL: +2 FTG: +0
Notes: Team wakes up at 5a and will be on the road at the beginning of the next time block.

@Mikonp7:
BD: 143 mi OD: 1842 mi FS: 1/2- MRL: +1 FTG: +1
Notes: Team has refueled in Albert Lea, MN. Waypoint completed: Red Cloud Park.

@Centurion_23:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1705 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +0 FTG: -12

@Xepy:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/2 MRL: +1 FTG: -10
Notes: Team wakes up at the end of the time block and will be on the road 1 hour later.

@Private_Miros:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1918 mi FS: UNKNOWN MRL: +1 FTG: -9
Notes: Team wakes at the end of the time block and will be on the road 1 hour later.

@Boiled_Steak:
BD: 74 mi OD: 1695 mi FS: 1/2+ MRL: +1 FTG: +0
Last Town: Alden, MN Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Notes: Team wakes up at the start of the time block and is on the road by 5a.

@GetWrekt01:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1755 mi FS: FULL MRL: +2 FTG: -2
Notes: Team wakes up at 5a and is on the road at the beginning of next time block. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

@Ryan93:
BD: 166 mi OD: 1503 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: +2
Last Town: Mitchell, SD Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Notes: Team has refueled in MItchell, SD.

@Radster:
BD: 144 mi OD: 1765 mi FS: LOW MRL: +0 FTG: +0
Last Town: Austin, MN Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Notes: None

@SkylineFTW97:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1537 mi FS: LOW MRL: +1 FTG: +0
Notes: Team wakes up at 5a but is still bound with an undrivable car.

@Keikyun:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +0 FTG: -12

Team Greasy Lightning

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz… SNORT… No. No fatal exception error. … zzzzzzZZZZZzzz…

6 Likes

Team Tiger Trouble (+1)

(Note: Kiva is not driving, using tools, or doing anything other than taking up space in the car.)

BANG!

“WAKE THE FUCK UP!”

Kayden startled awake, then glared at the closed door, silently cursing Kiva for his crude way of getting their attention. Most people would have called, or left a message, or put in a wake-up call, but no, Kiva kicked the door in his boots and yelled.

Kaylie, however, wasn’t so silent. “Twin Suns, Kiva, I was enjoying that dream! Go sit on your tail and twist.”

Jaden grinned, then said, “Someone’s moody this morning. Got a bit of a headache, do you?”

Kaylie growled, while Nova spoke up, “This is your requested wake up time. Oh. I see that I am too late. Next time, I will set my sleep mode to wake me five minutes before your requested time.”

“No shit, Nova. Kiva blew something up in the hallway.” Kaylie grumbled.

“No, I kicked the door. But I’m sure I could make an explosion using the stuff we find at breakfast.” Kiva said.

“Ugh. Nova, can you scan the food this time so we don’t have another day of weird side effects?” Jaden asked.

“I can. I assume that you will then continue to ignore my advice and consume it anyway.”

While Kaylie got dressed in a neon green shirt and a pair of running shorts, Jaden tried out a black t-shirt combined with cargo shorts. Kayden, however, took a bit longer to get ready. He started with his pale gray flight suit, taking Nova’s chassis off of his arm long enough to get the suit on, then started putting his armor on. The thin black panels went on easily, and seemed almost to mesh together so well that they appeared seamless. He clamped Nova over his right arm again, then pulled on his traditional black Warrior’s robe.

“Something we need to know about, Kayden?” Jaden asked.

“No. I just felt like wearing it. This robe is a bit loose otherwise.”

At the breakfast buffet, Nova started by listing safe items they could have. “I had time to analyze why the beer and the cola affected both Kayden and Kaylie much stronger than expected from the amounts of compounds in those beverages. The bubbles are the culprit. We have no such method of serving a drink full of carbon dioxide gas, and your bodies aren’t able to deal with the micro-droplets cast off by the expanding gas in the liquid. The compound responsible for the intense sensory overload is known locally as ‘caffeine’ and is in a lot of drinks. At the same time, some humans have a sensitivity to caffeine, so they have produced ‘caffeine free’ versions of these popular drinks. The decaffeinated coffee should be safe to drink, as will be the orange juice. The milk should be avoided, only because it is one of the primary ingredients in cheese, which has already proven to be unpleasant. I would advise sticking to the meats, they seem the least likely to disagree with you in the transport.”

Kayden, Kaylie, and Jaden all went straight to the decaffeinated coffee, loading it full of creamer and sugar, before piling their plates with bacon, sausages, and ham. Kayden added a few slices of toast, and noticed Jaden’s half smirk at seeing the burnt bread.

At the same time, Kiva was loading up his plate with bacon and eggs, cheese, sausages, and toast. While he was wearing the same outfit as he was the night before, consisting of his black cowboy boots, dark blue jeans, a simple shirt, his black duster, and carrying his black cowboy hat, Kayden noticed the bag Kiva was carrying, mostly because he opened it to retrieve a heat-discolored stainless steel cup from it.

Kiva filled it with fully-caffeinated coffee, then brought it over to the table, along with a spare coffee mug. He dropped two teabags into the mug, then balanced his stainless cup on the tips of his fingers, his claws resting against the metal. With barely a glance at it, he ignited a fireball under the cup, rapidly bringing the coffee to a boil. Once it was bubbling, Kiva dumped the boiling coffee into the coffee mug containing the teabag, and waited for it to steep.

After five minutes, Kiva removed the teabags, setting them on the table without anything to keep them from making a mess, then took a sip of his concoction. He set the mug down, then started eating his breakfast along with Kayden, Kaylie, and Jaden.

Once the plates were all empty, and the Tigrilans had gone back for more decaf coffee without ill effects, Kiva finished most of his mixed mess of a drink. With barely enough to darken the ceramic bottom, he stared deeply into the mug. After a few minutes, he grabbed his smartphone, entered Fuzz’s number, and sent two messages. The first was simple, designed to taunt about his prank.

I hope you like the present I left you. I’m sure it’s worth the time and effort needed to open it.

The second one, he waited a few more minutes, before typing it out and sending it as well.

Tell Her not to run the red light.

Kiva then stuffed his phone back into his pocket, finished the last of his mixed coffee and tea, then said to Jaden, “No, I didn’t See anything related to you guys. I can’t control it.”

Jaden shrugged, then said, “I’m still a little skeptical about that whole fortune-telling dung, but I believe that you have magic of some sort. I saw the fire, felt the heat, smelled the hot metal and coffee.”

Kayden was about to respond, but stopped short when he heard a coffee mug shatter on the floor.

“Told ya I saw a demon, mommy. Whoa, totally wicked, those are tiger-men! Are you guys, like, from outer space? Do you have a spaceship? Why’s he so big? Is the demon one of your friends?”

Kiva groaned, then turned to answer the child before any more questions spilled out. “Yes, they are from outer space, and they do have a starship. The big one is a warrior, he fights the bad guys who want to take over Earth, and he’s big because he ate all of his fruits and vegetables when he was little.”

As Nova went to speak, Kayden hit the mute switch. As a response, Nova fired up the holographic projector, produced an avatar of herself, a golden-and-black striped tiger-woman in a flowing white robe, and reached out in hard-light mode to unmute the volume. “That was incredibly rude. I was merely going to introduce myself, because I came to the logical conclusion that this human child would probably like to meet a real artificial intelligence.”

“Whoa! She came out of that screen on his armor.” When the child waved his hand through Nova’s avatar several times, she seemed perplexed. After a few more times, she waited until his hand was well outside the safety range, and enabled the hard-light mode again. This time, the child’s hand smacked straight into Nova’s arm. “Among our people, it is considered rude to phase through another’s AI. Please do not do that again.”

Kiva noticed the mother looking rather pale, and helped her to a chair. “For the record, I’m not a demon. Nor am I a Hellhound. My job is to keep the American public safe, and my form was specifically designed for that purpose.”

“But, you’re a demon.”

Kiva sighed, then replied with, “No, I’m the fire-proof guy who runs into burning buildings to save people or pets that got left behind. I throw fireballs at people who harm others. I can shoot the trigger fingers off of a sniper at a thousand yards. If I am indeed a demon, then I’m doing everything wrong.”

6 Likes

OOC: OH GREAT NEWS!
lmao jk. More RP coming soon

2 Likes

TGGBA: SC

The isekai quartet are still asleep.

Externally, it is still only apparent they are asleep.

Again, a small insight is provided of Yuri’s dream.

Unit-E231 decapitates one of the creatures, showering the mecha in blood, as Unit-E231 (piloted by Yuri) moves on to then slice another identical creature in half, along with Unit-E331, a prototype unit. However, all is not as seems with these creatures, as Unit-E233 runs into difficulties with the combat. Meanwhile, the facility are being stormed by a hostile military, the bodies of dead workers littering the now-decrepit facility. It was clear, Unit-E231 was needed. Yuri was needed. Kairi was needed. Keiji was needed.

5 Likes