Once More (Unto the Breach) [FINAL RESULTS]

Team Gizzle; Chapter I; Sittin' in Traffic

After initial… disputes on differing opinions, Jayson and Zack have agreed o the topic on women. This is because both members share the same philosophy: Women belong in the kitchen.

meanwhile in the traffic jam

J: Yoo yo sittung in Traffic isn’t terrific but I am here with ma Z he is flaming like he has to pie…
Z: Shut up you little wannabe…

J: okok… chill down… an in full flow at the moment.

Redwood: “Hello people! If anyone is interested in some frinds-making, we can meet up at Beau’s Pizza & Pasta, 124 E 1st St, Cle Elum, WA 98922. Should be about 30 miles down the road from here.” Connor: [not directly speaking into the handle, yet still audible] “Be aware that our destination is a fairly small place. So please don’t invite anybody at once.” Redwood: [to Connor] “Yep.” [back into handle] “Okay. Space apparently is limited. So if anyone is interested, we’ll be there.”

Z: Don’t even think about it. We’ll DEFINITLY NOT gonna stop for Pizza you little Eminem knockoff…
J: First off: you still are not my dad. Second: All good! [smiles] My mom made some sandwiches. [pulls one out of his lunchbox] She’s the best!
Z: Blah blah blah… [snatches the sandwich out of Jaysons hands] Yep. Yo Mamma’s got the hang of it.
J: What exactly do you mean?
Z: [shrugs]
J: [into CB] Yo yo Good luck everybody it will be bloody…

Zack snatches the CB handle as well:

Z: [into CB] What the kid’s tryna say is [burps into the CB handle]
[to Jayson] Now shut up and lemme drive…

Z: Wait a minute… maybe we should head over to that pizza place. Then you can shoe what you are made of.
J: yoo i am out of the best wood, king in my hood… U can count on me bro.
Z: [nods] We’ll see, Kiddo…

to be continued

5 Likes

Pit Stop US

At Meeting
Nathan: Well that was interesting. What’da think is in the box?
James: I don’t know… this seems all too familiar he thinks to himself…
Charles: Wellya gottalokie at dem beaters we up against!
N: Yeah, and some are quite weird.
C: What’s weird bouta semi? Or dat fancy white racin car?
N: Oh, the characters I was talking about, the cars are all junk.
J: Better watch your mouth around some of them, I don’t think they’re always this friendly. He says with a glare directed toward Nathan
N: ah, Uhh… Moving on, then! …So, you think it’s a pie? referring to the mysterious package

Stuck In Traffic

The car seems to be doing well, though it is a bit loud for a limo. The windows are rolled down most of the time. James is sitting in the far back enjoying his birthday present while Nathan is driving and Charles handles the paper map.

Charles: Hot Damn, that glove box just talked to me!
Nathan Slightly amused: Ha, na I put that in there last night as I heard the other drivers talking about chatting on the CB.
Charles: Oh, so wheres the ol’ ten footer tenne’?
Nathan: This is a modern one, so the antenna is not that long. I stuffed it in the trunk. We should be able to pick up enough chatter with just that.
C: Oh, well see in my da–

Charles: Say, what’s this her “sky rum” they’re’a talkin bout?
Nathan: Oh, that? I think it was a popular game bout 9 maybe 10 years ago? Something to do with dragon slaying and a big world.
Charles: Ya know? Back in my day we didns have des things called video games… he continues into a slight rant about his growing up…

James: Hey, are we going or not?
Nathan: I’m trying my best to get through this jam quickly. It’s not so easy piloting a ship around little cruisers!
James: Yeah, I suppose. It Was your idea though…
Nathan: And don’t complain about it then, cuz you’re the one sitting in the VIP seat.
James chucked at that

Nathan: Hey, should we stop too?
Charles: I’m not peckered for food, I gots my Veggie Chips! He swings back of veggie chips from apparently thin air
James: Oh good grief!
Nathan: WHAT! How did you sneak those foul things on! I double checked your stuff myself!
Charles: He,he. You didn’t double check in my seat though!
Nathan is dumbfounded by this clever trick, and doesn’t speak a word.

James: Hey, isn’t that one of the competitors?
Nathan: Yeah, I think. …Wait… Weren’t they the ones with the gaming console in the back?
James: I don’t know, playbox is it?
Nathan: Maybe they’re the ones who play Skyrim?
Charles: Sky Rum? That video game thing you wers talkin bout?
Nathan: Yeah. We could show you it.
Charles: Nah! Opens bag of veggie chips I’ve gots better stuff to do like me naps… And Veggie Chips!
Nathan and James: Yuck! Gross!

side note: I did not make it clear, but the limo is louder than you would expect. It’s got glasspacks and full length headers, so the true big block V8 can growl. :wink: :smirk:

aaand be “UNprepared” for smokey burnouts and doughnuts whenever they stop someplace :wink:

5 Likes

Team Rolling Star Update 1:

Marshall: She’s runing like a champ.

Marshall checks the temp gauge

Marshall: So far so good.

Zach: I was a bit unsure, but I think we lucked out. I still say we check the coolant level tonight.

Marshall: Of course. Also check for leaks.

The pair cracks jokes and watches the road in front, occasionally being drawn into the CB chatter.

Zach: Skyrim? Man, if only I had a beefier laptop.

Marshall: You do a good amount of gaming on it.

Zach: Yeah, but most of my games are modded to all hell. No way a laptop can run that unless it’s a dedicated gaming one.

Marshall: True.

Zach: Anyway, what’s the plan?

Marshall: I’ll drive for 4 hours, then we swap. Then we can both rest up for the night. We can make a quick stop when we swap to stretch our legs, eat, piss, or whatever.

Zach: Alright.

Zach periodically glances over at the temperature gauge as the 2 continue onward

7 Likes

Friday, 2PM - 4PM Eastern Time

Legend of Terms:

POI NOTE: I will NOT be pre-warning of upcoming POI points. I will ONLY auto-stop teams for two things: fuel and, when completely exhausted, rest. Anything else you want (including tourist POI, restaurants, premature fuel, rest at any point before complete exhaustion), YOU need to PM me in advance (before I run the time block that you’d complete it in). Also, please don’t map out everything from here to the end in one PM… try to keep it within a couple time blocks. Remember: Tourist POI and sit-down restaurants (not fast food) give bonuses to morale and fatigue, but take some time. Tourist POI also give points to the POI award at the end.

BD: Block Distance. This is the amount of mileage covered during the current 2 hour period.
OD: Overall Distance. This is the total distance that the team has covered since the event started.
FS: Fuel Status. Approximate fuel reading on the vehicle’s fuel gauge.
MRL: Morale modifier
FTG: Fatigue Level
Last Town: Last town of note that was passed (will not include tiny villages)
Next Waypoint: Should be self explanatory.
Weather Condition: Current weather condition at the end of the time block.
Notes: Any notes I have for your team during this time block. Including POI results, car issues, etc.

Friday, 12PM - 2PM

VicVictory:
BD: 134 mi OD: 193 mi FS: 1/4+ MRL: +1 FTG: +1
Last Town: Moses Lake, WA Next Waypoint: Lookout Pass
Weather Condition: 84 degrees, sunny
Notes: Brief construction delay just past Snoqualmie Pass. Moderate traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge.

@SyberRacer :
TTV
BD: 24 mi OD: 87 mi FS: 3/8* MRL: -10 FTG: +3
Last Town: Easton, WA Next Waypoint: Vantage Bridge
Weather Condition: 70 degrees, mostly sunny
CRITICAL FAILURE: Driver miscalculated the exit from the highway to Cle Elum, turned too short, and overturned in the median/gore point between the exit and freeway. Left side fuel tank ruptures, cab is severely damaged, both axles are bent. Due to the massive fuel leak (>50 gal), the State Patrol and Dept of Ecology take over the scene and there is no chance for recovery. Driver has superficial injuries.

@Elizipeazie:
BD: 62 mi OD: 122 mi FS: 2/3+ MRL: +4 FTG: +0
Last Town: Ellensburg, WA Next Waypoint: Vantage Bridge
Weather Condition: 78 degrees, sunny, some cross-winds
Notes: Moderate traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Team arrives at pizza parlor in Cle Elum at 2:34pm ET (stay time: 1 hour). At end of time period, team is starting up Ryegrass Hill (VERY long, moderate grade, also has a big wind farm at the top)

@Fayeding_Spray:
BD: 157 mi OD: 219 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +1 FTG: +3
Notes: Light traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge.

@BannedByAndroid:
BD: 147 mi OD: 208 mi FS: 1/2- MRL: +1 FTG: +2
Notes: Moderate traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Waypoint complete: Vantage Bridge
Ongoing issue: Vehicle is making a clunking noise from the front going over bumpy roads.

@kobacrashi:
BD: 143 mi OD: 205 mi FS: 1/4+ MRL: +1 FTG: +1
Notes: Light traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge

@Madrias:
BD: 159 mi OD: 224 mi FS: REFUEL IN PROGRESS MRL: +1 FTG: +1
Last Town: Ritzville, WA Next Waypoint: Lookout Pass
Notes: Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge. Team has stopped for fuel in Ritzville, WA, and is just finishing up at the end of the time block.

@yangx2:
BD:146 mi OD: 209 mi FS: 1/4+ MRL: +1 FTG: +3
Notes: Vaypoint completed: Vantage Bridge

@mart1n2005:
BD: 130 mi OD: 190 mi FS: 3/4 MRL: +1 FTG: +1
Notes: Moderate traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge. ISSUE: Car drove over one of the expansion joints on Vantage Bridge awkwardly. Team heard a loud BANG from the rear, and now there is a near constant rattling from the right rear, and the ride is EXTREMELY bouncy.

@Kubboz:
BD: 57 mi OD: 114 mi FS: 1/3+ MRL: +3 FTG: -1
Last Town: Cle Elum, WA Next Waypoint: Vantage, WA
Weather Condition: 78 degrees, mostly sunny, slight cross-wind
Notes: Moderate traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Team has stopped in Cle Elum for pizza, arriving at 2:42pm ET (stay time 1 hour)

@Mikonp7:
BD: 121 mi OD: 182 mi FS: REFUEL IN PROGRESS MRL: +1 FTG: +1
Notes: Moderate traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Fuel low light came on right as team came into Moses Lake, so they have pulled over for fuel. They will finish up in just a couple minutes.

@Centurion_23:
BD: 131 mi OD: 192 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +1 FTG: +1
Notes: Moderate traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge

@Xepy:
BD: 73 mi OD: 136 mi FS: 3/4- MRL: +3 FTG: +0
Last Town: Ellensburg, WA Next Waypoint: Vantage, WA
Weather Condition: 80 degrees, sunny
Notes: Team arrives at pizza place at 2:21pm ET (stay time 1 hour). Coolant temp gauge is riding a little above normal going over Ryegrass Hill (right at the end of time period).

@Private_Miros:
BD: 129 mi OD: 190 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +1 FTG: +1
Notes: Moderate traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Team has refueled out of an abundance of caution in Vantage, WA. Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge. SES light turns on going up the ridge just beyond the Columbia RIver.

@Boiled_Steak:
BD: 122 mi OD: 180 mi FS: 1/2- MRL: +1 FTG: +1
Last Town: George, WA Next Waypoint: Lookout Pass
Weather Condition: 84 degrees, mostly sunny
Notes: Moderate traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Car has developed a slight hesitation at higher throttle, noticed going over Ryegrass Hill. Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge.

@GetWrekt01:
BD: 145 mi OD: 209 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +1 FTG: +3
Notes: Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge. Slight smell of coolant in the cabin.

@Mythrin:
BD: 80 mi OD: 146 mi FS: 1/2+ MRL: +3 FTG: -1
Last Town: Vantage, WA Next Waypoint: Lookout Pass
Weather Condition: 82 degrees, sunny
Notes: First team to arrive at the pizza place, at 2:16 pm ET. Stay time 1 hour. Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge

@Ryan93:
BD: 133 mi OD: 194 mi FS: 1/4 MRL: +1 FTG: +2
Notes: Moderate traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge

@abg7:
BD: 137 mi OD:197 mi FS: 1/2 MRL: +1 FTG: +1
Notes: Moderate traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge.

@Radster:
BD: 132 mi OD: 191 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +1 FTG: +2
Notes: Moderate traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge.

@SkylineFTW97:
BD: 127 mi OD: 186 mi FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: +3
Notes: Moderate traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge. Team has refueled in Moses Lake.

@findRED19:
BD: 138 mi OD: 199 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: +2
Weather Condition: 62 degrees, mostly sunny
INCIDENT: Team overestimated their available fuel, and ran out of gas on the highway 4 miles short of Moses Lake. They poured in an emergency can, then refueled in Moses Lake (including refilling the emergency can)

@Jaimz:
BD: 115 mi OD: 173 mi FS: 1/2 MRL: -3 FTG: +2
Last Town: George, WA Next Waypoint: Lookout Pass
INCIDENT: Numerous cars bunched up and started doing emergency maneuvers in front of the Hearse. Driver did not have enough time to react, and hit a deer that was running across the road. (Occurred on Elk Heights, just past Cle Elum) Hood damage, grille destroyed, front bumper destroyed, headlights damaged, possible cooling system and suspension damage. Car is driveable, and back on the road after a short delay. No injuries to occupants.
Ongoing issues: Car has a squeak and slight lateral shift of the rear going over bigger bumps. Small crack in windshield. See above for new damage.

@Caligo:
BD: 71 mi OD: 133 mi FS: 2/3 MRL: +3 FTG: -1
Weather Condition: 80 degrees, sunny
Notes: Light traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Team has stopped for WAFFLES at the IHOP in Ellensburg. Stay time 1 hour. Team is going up Ryegrass Hill at the end of the time block.

@Aaron.W:
BD: 62 mi OD: 121 mi FS: 1/2+ MRL: +3 FTG: +0
Weather Condition: 78 degrees, sunny, some cross-wind
Notes: Moderate traffic delay due to accident in Cle Elum. Team stops at the pizzeria at 2:33pm ET. Stay time 1 hour.

@Keikyun:
BD: 133 mi OD: 193 mi FS: 1/2- MRL: +1 FTG: +1

Vehicles that are traveling in packs:
209 mi - Guangzhou, Vector
At 208 mi, the Hessenberg can make out the above two cars on the straightaways (terrain is very flat for the most part)

Note: vehicles within ~5 miles of each other are within CB range. Group chats via social media will not yet be available to any team that did not stop at the pizza place.

Team Greasy Lightning

“Damn, there’s definitely something going on,” Rick said, applying the brakes in a measured manner so as to maintain symmetry in the gap ahead and behind him.

“I didn’t see any road construction signs,” Fuzz added. “Probably a collision.”

Jen rooted around in the footwell cooler for a moment, produced 3 waters, and distributed them.

“Thanks, hon.” Rick cracked it open and took a sip once he came to a complete stop.

A few moments later a WSP trooper blasted by on the left shoulder, lights and sirens blaring.

“Collision. Must have just happened,” Fuzz noted.

A couple minutes later, the traffic slowly crept up enough to get a peek around the bend in the road. Collectively, Rick and Fuzz swallowed. “Oh shit,” the cop blurted.

“What is it?” Jen asked, craning in futility to see from the back seat.

“It’s one of our group. It’s the semi. Doesn’t look good.” Fuzz reached for the CB. “Hey guys, looks like the guys in the VHI semi are down. Anyone know what happened?”

(OOC: Passing RP to @Caligo, @kobacrashi, or @Fayeding_Spray, who would have come up on it just after it happened)

10 Likes

Team Harcourt-Entwhistle
Stage 2

Mopey – We’re making good progress…the crack seems to have stabilised but the rear’s still getting twitchy.

Spanners – It’s an old car…….you need to expect it to be a little lively.

Gran – Everyone appears to be braking heavily ahead.

Mopey – Yes Gran, I can see.

Gran – Dear…….

Mopey – Yes Gran?

Gran – No dear……DEER!!!

Mopey & Spanners – Oh FU……

WHACK, THUD, CRUNCH, YELP

Gran – David?

Spanners – Yes Mrs E?

Gran - How does it look?

Spanners – Well……bonnet, bumper and headlight took the brunt of the force. Suspension looks “OKish” and the radiator is punctured. Luckily we have this JB Weld stuff….had to buy it because I couldn’t bring Radweld into the country.

Short while later…….

Spanners – OK, water leak isn’t leaking now. Bumper is useless unless I can weld it back on somewhere and the bonnet closes in a fashion. It shouldn’t come off any time soon.

Gran – Shouldn’t or won’t?

Spanners – Erm…….

Gran – Boys, can you get the deer onto the roof? When we stop for a picnic we can have some nice venison.

Spanners and Mopey look at the carcass…then at each other….then at Gran….

Both – Erm……

Gran – Oh for goodness sake, just do it. You have the tow-rope in the boot don’t you? Well you can tie it on with that!

With the carcass loaded the trio set off again.

Car – Squeak, squeak, squeak……

6 Likes

Team 49

“Holy shit…”

“What is it Ju- Fuck me.” Through the onboard CB, something cracks through

Juno picks up the receiver, eyes still on the Crashed VHI,
“49 here, Seems like they might’ve missed something, or turned too hard, 'least that’s what Luci’s saying.” He pops the Radio back into the holder, still looking at the crash.

“Hey, Luc, I hope they’re fine.”

“Same, Juno, same.”

5 Likes

Team Rockport

Leo: Sniff Sniff You smell that, man?
Zack: Smell? All I wanna do is watch the road and listen to gearbox whine. You want to add smelling to my list of concerns too?
Leo: Okay fine it’s my job to look at things you might miss and I did, you fuck! Slow the car down and focus, you might notice a sharp sweet smell.
Zack: Huh? Lifts foot off the accelerator and takes a good few sniffs Okay you’re right.
Leo: Ethylene leaking? I mean the center console suggests that the engine heat has gone up by two degrees within the last few hours…
Zack: Possibly… Let me check… Well shit the average engine temp has gone quite up… I think we should…

CB Radio Crackles Up

Fuzz: “Hey guys, looks like the guys in the VHI semi are down. Anyone know what happened?”

Leo: Woah what the hell?
Zack: I think we are well ahead of them, no chance of knowing for us. But I’m gonna assume you were right, the front axle collapsed and who knows how the passengers are now…
Leo: Yeah, I hope they’re fine…

Couple seconds of silence

Zack: Aight anyway, we should make a stop soon. Where’s the closest we can stop to have a look at what’s wrong and… well maybe look at some scenery too?
Leo: What… You wanna look at the view? You have feelings?
Zack: Rolls eyes That’s it! you’re driving after our short break.
Leo: But hesitates Okay fair enough, You’ve driven 200+ miles. Fine! I’ll plan our next stop

Stopping point update: Once More (Unto the Breach) [FINAL RESULTS] - #157 by GetWrekt01

7 Likes

TEAM COYOTE JIM

Somewhere at the highway

Coyote Jim and Clutch Kick have switched places for the first time, with Jim now behind the wheel. A slight feeling of unease had settled inside the Radster, for a reason neither could quite pinpoint.

Coyote Jim: we did bring supplies…

Clutch Kick: yeah.

Coyote: and spares of all kinds…

CK: uh-huh. Pumps, battery knowing the electric system is a bit sketchy, and other stuff…why?

Coyote: I have a feeling we’ve forgot about something. Not quite sure what.

A few moments of uncomfortable silence.

CK: we just commited a war crime.

Coyote: what do you mean?

CK: what food crosses over cultural barriers, can be tailored to everyone’s taste and could bring peace to a war torn world?

Coyote: pizz- OH FUCK OFF.

Clutch Kick grabbed the radio once again, and tuned in.

CK: hey, teams…Team Coyote Jim here. We forgot about the pizza meeting. Please forgive our war crime. Sigh

Still over the radio, but to Coyote Jim: now I crave some pizza.

Soon after, the news about the semi being out of the race came in.

Clutch Kick quickly grabbed the radio again.

Clutch Kick: Are they okay? What do we know happened?

To be continued.

6 Likes

Team “Buy Skyrim”

Vincent is watching his phone on the trip. Just as he is browsing Twitter suddenly he saw this tweet.

VINCENT: Hey, Naomi, look at this, I think it’s one of the persons involved on the journey, is it?

Naomi then told Vincent what happened. Immediately, Vincent show her that news tweet on Twitter.

NAOMI: Oh please, don’t try to joke with me…

NEWS: Reports confirmed that a VHI semi is involved in the crash…

NAOMI: Oh no, Looks like Team Stokes is down. I think we would inform anybody about the crash then, shall we?

NAOMI: It’s Naomi from Team “Buy Skyrim” here. I think one of the racers have involved in a car crash. Anybody respond?

NAOMI: What should we do now?

Meanwhile, a Vector coupe and a Guangzhou SUV is on the front of the Hessenburg. It’s actually the vehicles of Team Rockport and Team Wang Lao Ji. The team is assuming that they have received the message from Naomi.

NATHAN: Follow them.

NAOMI: Okay.

@yangx2 @GetWrekt01 You can decide to or not to reply since both of you are on my perimeter.

7 Likes

cough I-90… cough:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Team Beer Blokes & BBQs

Fuzz (CB): Hey guys, looks like the guys in the VHI semi are down. Anyone know what happened?
All three: Oh shit
M: I hope they’re alright, bit worrying to see something happen this early in.
S: I think they’ll be alright, they have got 5 tons of semi in between them and whatever they hit.
M: That’s a bit more reassuring then, i wonder how it happened?
Juno (CB): 49 here, Seems like they might’ve missed something, or turned too hard, 'least that’s what Luci’s saying.
M: Well that’s certainly no good, hopefully it doesn’t take them out of the competition.
T: Look on the bright side at least, it wasn’t us this happened to.
M and S: Touch wood.
T: Hey, it’s less competition for us shrugs
M: glares at Tom
S: Maybe we should hold off on the jokes until after we figure out the full story.
T: Oh… right.

The trio continue along problem free (for now), shocked at the state of the semi after passing by it.

7 Likes

Team Rockport

Leo: Ugh hey it’s Leo from Rockport, I think the axle collapsed of that VHI. Don’t know any whereabouts of them. If you know something please let us know. Also, if you wanna stop your vehicle for servicing, you can join us at Ritzville. Just try to keep up with us. Over.

OOC: well now I gotta PM Vic about my stop so wait on that lmao

UPDATE

Leo: Route planned, we’re stopping at Ritzville for some stroll around the park while our car gets attempted to get fixed in a garage. Anybody in close range wanna join?
Zack: off radio I just hope it’s note an engine hose pipe dude. Car has an exposed heater core and head gasket leakage isn’t all that bad, just don’t be a hose pipe

4 Likes

Team Wang Lao Ji Day 1

I’m writing this at 6:30 AM help

After a long days of traffic in the YY7037D, Jackie was already burnt out from driving. They were back on cruising speed heading to their first waypoint

H: Hows the car feeling like?
J: I-its… Okay. I think-

Jackie is interrupted by the sound of the rumble strip.

H: Okay pull over, you’re too tired.

Jackie pulls over at the nearest rest stop, Hyakki Yakou stops playing on the aux to Harry’s relief.

Harry, enthusiastically, launches off the rest stop at full ish speed towards the Vantage Bridge. Jackie’s mind couldn’t process the vehicles they were flying past, adrenaline rushing through his system. By now, he was well awake.

A: Hey isn’t that the semi truck racing with us?

Harry, reminded of the poor HAC’s condition, slowed down once again.

H: Yeah. Unfortunate… Jackie you awake now?

Spoiler: Jackie was well awake.

5 Likes

RK Series Racing; Chapter II; Let-down at Beau's pizza...

With the pizza plan set, they continue along the road until there is some very noticeable traffic buildup just before Cle Elum.

Tonsom: “What the fuck is it now???”
Connor: “There are reports of a single-vehicle accident at the upcoming off-ramp.”
Tonsom: “Aw come ooonnnn!!!”
Connor: “The accident involves the VHI tractor-truck whose occupants provided manual transmission instructions…”
Tonsom: [louder] “Awwww come ooonnnn!!!”
Connor: “… None of them are severely injured.”
Redwood: “Thank god they made it…”

They make it to the pizza place at about 11:30 local time (if i got that right). Upon entering, they meet a few other people already stopped there. The turnout of people is FAR less than anticipated. One of them also has arrived very shortly ahead of the people on a mission.

Tonsom: “Seems like Jim’s gonna show up…”
Redwood: “Just before we arrived here, they transmitted something about having forgotten to stop.”
Tonsom: “Those fuckers! [to Connor] Well… you can stay in the car then…”

Connor immediately leaves the restaurant again, while the other two search for a seat…

to be continued

@Aaron.W ; @Mythrin ; @Kubboz
if anyone wants some chit-chat, we’re here… DM me via Discord ( Elizipeazie#3689 )

@VicVictory may i ask how less than half the people who wanted to stop actually stopped (not counting the semi)?

EDIT: i’ll give myself a MRL penalty of 1 since Redwood kinda like the trucker girls.

4 Likes

Correct. :slight_smile:

As for the number of people that stopped, I took your list from above then scrolled down and was reading, and scratched off a couple teams that said they weren’t even stopping. I apparently missed adding one, but in fairness, that team did not PM me to let me know they were doing so.

1 Like

well… if they do not call the stop via PM, then so it be
(that kinda killed my early investigation plans, but eh…)

1 Like

Team Tiger Trouble

(Early in the time block, almost immediately after the Air Conditioning Incident)

“Cold, cold, cold, cold, cold!” Jaden growled out, the Traville’s air conditioner still at full blast. Kayden didn’t seem that affected by it, but Kaylie was busy trying to apply logic to the system.

“Maybe try pushing the snowflake button?” She suggested. Kayden mashed the button, and within minutes, the air temperature returned to normal.

With the minor crisis solved and the traffic easing up, Kayden was able to put his huge foot down and open up the Traville’s engine properly. Unknowingly, they pulled a bit of a lead on the other teams, but in the process, placed themselves out of range for hearing news about the accident involving the VHI truck belonging to Team Stokes.

All was going well until the red light came on behind the gas gauge. Jaden looked at the light, then tapped Kayden’s arm. “You already ran our ship out of fuel, forcing us to find a replacement fuel source for the Nova-Drive. Don’t run the transport out of fuel, too.”

Kayden pulled into the nearest gas station, then stood there staring at the pump while trying to figure it out. “Nova, I require a bit of assistance. How do I refuel this Earth transport?”

“According to the service information, the Sinistra Traville GS/HO requires gasoline with an octane rating of 90 AKI or greater. The refueling procedure typically involves either paying for your fuel in advance with the currency known as ‘dollars’ or using a credit card that stores a monetary equivalent value. I am capable of converting Tigrilan Crowns into United States Dollars by use of a common currency, elemental gold, as a middle step.”

Kayden looked at the card reader, recognizing it as a slot that something needed to go in as a payment for the fuel. He reached into the pocket of his robe, before pulling out a number of shiny golden and silver coins. “Nova, how much will it cost to refuel this vessel?”

“Our fuel storage unit can hold 16 gallons of liquid fuel. The current fuel price is 3 dollars and 15 cents per gallon. This equals out to 50 dollars and 40 cents.”

“And how many Crowns is that?”

“Three Silver Crowns.” Nova replied.

Kayden grabbed three of the thin silver coins, before promptly stuffing them into the card reader. This happened to get the attention of the gas station assistant, who ran out with a horrified expression on his face.

“Dammit, we just got that card reader fixed yesterday!” He then realized that he was yelling at a tiger-man, and seemed to slip through annoyance to fear, then into disbelief, before finally settling on amazed recognition. “Oh, man, no one’s gonna believe this.” He said, before raising his smartphone and getting a picture of Kayden, standing at a gas pump in his robe, his sword visible over his right shoulder, with the dark red Sinistra in the shot. The man posted iit on his social media accounts, before helping Kayden out.

“Man, I’d heard the rumors that we had tiger aliens in the area, but, wow!” He said, before dislodging the Tigrilan Crowns from the card reader and using his own card to pay for the gas. “So, you’re in this beater bash? Oh, yeah, I know all about them, my uncle Trev owns a junkyard in Illinois, he hears about these things and tells me about the one he was on.”

Once Kayden realized that the man was just glad to chatter about his uncle and some lime-green sedan, a bunch of pranks involving glitter and fireworks, and the road that ripped their car apart, the big warrior relaxed just a little.

“Damn, you’re big! Gotta be at least 7-and-a-half, and probably 300, no more like 400 pounds of muscle.”

Kaylie looked out the rear window, right at the chatterbox, and said, “We are in a bit of a hurry, so please stop bothering my brother before I have to hurt you.” Jaden backed her up with, “Trust me, it is always better to do what she says. She bites.”

6 Likes

whatever made you come up with three tigralians gong on the trip.

it’s fucking HILARIOUS!

I LOVE IT!!

4 Likes

Honestly, I’m inspired by a story I’d been writing a few weeks before this challenge opened up. Pulling a lot of ideas and using them here for fun.

2 Likes

Team Rockport

Leo: Turns AC off
Zack: You cold or something?
Leo: Want to check what we’re dealing with. If we turn the AC off and the smell gradually disappears, it’s just the AC.
Zack: Otherwise it’s just the coolant housing or heater core, I guess? I see no wet carpets.
Leo: Possibly.

After few mins pass, the boys have decided that it’s not the AC as the sharp yet faint smell of Ethylene is present.

Zack: Yeah definitely stopping in Ritzville. Might also need to refuel. We’d be below 1/4th of our tank by then.
Leo: Also let’s grab some food from the store beside the park. We’ll take a walk while enjoying our food. Sounds good?
Zack: Sounds great, Leo. Let’s go… Also you’re up for driving after we reach Ritzville.
Leo: No problem, I’d love to. You’ve driven quite a lot.

(Thanks to @VicVictory, @ST1Letho, @Elizipeazie for all the help about pinpointing the coolant issue)

6 Likes