Once More (Unto the Breach) [FINAL RESULTS]

Team Less Than Three pt.2

“Now that was some good pizza.” Jeff said, still behind the wheel of the Kuma.

“Pasta too. Much better than being stuck in traffic.” Eileen added.

“You can say that again.”

“What’d ya think of the others who stopped?” Eileen asked.

“What can I say? Some normal, some fuckin strange choices in cars. Can’t blame em though, 500 is 500.” Jeff answered, having mostly paid attention to the cars in the lot rather than people.

“That’s… so you.” Eileen began looking over the photos she took while at the pizza stop for a bit. “Kinda interesting bunch of strangers.”

The stop did end up leaving the couple with barely anyone in radio range, so as far as communication went it ended up just being mostly random rants about something a random driver did. That and the news of a semi crashing, sounded like the one they were in a pack with earlier too. Unlucky. But with their bellies full, the two enjoyed their drive. More so than the Kuma did even, as temperatures started to rise. Jeff did take note of it, but figured it wasn’t anything to worry about for the time being.

5 Likes

@VicVictory Quick question, Just wondering if it would be possible for someone to enter by picking up the members of a team that suffered a DNF, or at least offering them a car to use? I had a team intro posted but no car as I didn’t have one at the time & by the time I had one all the spots was filled so what I’m thinking is with @SyberRacer being out, if the team members are in a condition/able to continue then maybe I could pick them up & help them finish, or at least offer them the car I managed to get to continue with?
Edit: Sorry if people think this was spam/a advertisement, I was just curious, I figured the answer would be no but I just thought I’d ask anyway.

I’m afraid the rules won’t allow it, if I am not mistaken. Moreover…

Helping another team continue by offering them a lift isn’t allowed either - if their original car is rendered unusable for some reason, their race ends right there and then.

Also you’ve asked what is the equivalent of being allowed to send in a car after the first round of cuts have been made in a CSR. Basically, “hey, I know you’ve already started, but can I join?”

Just to expand on this a little… it’s not that I’m opposed to the idea of splitting up team members from broken cars onto other teams, it’s that it is an absolute logistical nightmare. First, because the vehicular destruction is happening in the middle of a time block, and in order to have them “picked up”, I’d have to find and assign vehicle(s) with sufficient space, and that may not necessarily be ok with the player controlling the team selected (or the player controlling the eliminated team), PLUS… how is RP going to be done at that point? The eliminated player is the one controlling the story for the people, but they may be in different teams, and the players controlling those teams may not have a schedule that works well with RPing with that other person, etc. etc. etc…

That’s why it’s easier to just let the eliminated player write their own way out if they wish (otherwise it’s assumed they get a rental car and go home)

9 Likes

While I am imcredibly butthurt at being the first to crash out, I feel it’s best not to say anything to prevent any dumpster fires from starting and getting banned from the forum, or muted on Discord.

With them now out, I shall no longer be continuing to RP. However, I would not be opposed to @Elizipeazie giving a lift to Bex and have Liz go home. I know they have space, since in the RP post about Bex lending a hand to teach Tonsom to drive a manual, the four of them were able to fit in the Dione.

I had also had something planned with Eli, which would now be ruined with the crash.

However, it would be at Vic’s and Eli’s discretion whether the young punk can continue or not.

1 Like

Previous time block

Friday, 4PM - 6PM Eastern Time

Legend of Terms:

POI NOTE: I will NOT be pre-warning of upcoming POI points. I will ONLY auto-stop teams for two things: fuel and, when completely exhausted, rest. Anything else you want (including tourist POI, restaurants, premature fuel, rest at any point before complete exhaustion), YOU need to PM me in advance (before I run the time block that you’d complete it in). Also, please don’t map out everything from here to the end in one PM… try to keep it within a couple time blocks. Remember: Tourist POI and sit-down restaurants (not fast food) give bonuses to morale and fatigue, but take some time. Tourist POI also give points to the POI award at the end.

BD: Block Distance. This is the amount of mileage covered during the current 2 hour period.
OD: Overall Distance. This is the total distance that the team has covered since the event started.
FS: Fuel Status. Approximate fuel reading on the vehicle’s fuel gauge.
MRL: Morale modifier
FTG: Fatigue Level
Last Town: Last town of note that was passed (will not include tiny villages)
Next Waypoint: Should be self explanatory.
Weather Condition: Current weather condition at the end of the time block.
Notes: Any notes I have for your team during this time block. Including POI results, car issues, etc.

VicVictory:
BD: 151 mi OD: 344 mi FS: 1/2- MRL: +0 FTG: +3
Last Town: Coeur d’Alene, ID Next Waypoint: Lookout Pass
Weather Condition: 81 degrees, sunny
Notes: Team has refueled in Ritzville, WA. AF has increased (I will only make this announcement publicly about my own team, not others)

@Elizipeazie:
BD: 143 mi OD: 265 mi FS: 1/4 MRL: +1 FTG: +1
Last Town: Ritzville, WA Next Waypoint: Lookout Pass
Weather Condition: 91 degrees, sunny
Notes: Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge

@Fayeding_Spray:
BD: 149 mi OD: 368 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: +6
Last Town: Kellogg, ID Next Waypoint: Lookout Pass
Weather Condition: 88 degrees, sunny
Notes: Team has refueled in Coeur d’Alene, ID. Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued.

@BannedByAndroid:
BD: 141 mi OD: 350 mi FS: LOW MRL: +0 FTG: +3
Weather Condition: 89 degrees, sunny
Notes: Progress is being hampered by relatively consistent misfire at speeds at or above 70. SES light has turned on.
Ongoing issue: Vehicle is making a clunking noise from the front going over bumpy roads.

@kobacrashi:
BD: 333 mi OD: 333 mi FS: 3/4 MRL: +0 FTG: +3
Last Town: Coeur d’Alene, iD Next Waypoint: Lookout Pass
Weather Condition: 89 degrees, sunny
Notes: Team has refueled and obtained chicken in Spokane, WA

@Madrias:
BD: 155 mi OD: 379 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +1 FTG: +3
Last Town: Kellogg, ID Next Waypoint: Gallatin County Fairgrounds
Weather Condition: 87 degrees, sunny
Notes: Vehicle’s engine starts making a rattling noise as it climbs the approach to Lookout Pass. Waypoint completed: Lookout Pass. This vehicle is now in the Mountain Time Zone (EST-2), and has crossed into the state of Montana.
INCIDENT: Driver has curbed the RF wheel pretty hard pulling out of the gas station in Ritzville.

@yangx2:
BD: 139 mi OD: 348 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +0 FTG: +6
Weather Condition: 87 degrees, sunny
Notes: Team has refueled in Spokane, WA. Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued.

@mart1n2005:
BD: 34 mi OD: 224 mi FS: FULL MRL: -1 FTG: +5
Notes: Team pulls over in Ritzville to refuel and address noise and bounce. They find their right-rear trailing arm forward mount is nearly rusted off as well as bent, and the rear shocks had blown as a result of the added stress. There also appears to be improperly repaired unibody damage in that area from a previous accident.
They spend the rest of the time block utilizing a welder at a garage to tack on a patch plate, and replace the shocks from a parts store. This repair will bleed into the next time block.

@Kubboz:
BD: 157 mi OD: 271 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +1 FTG: +1
Notes: Team has refueled in Vantage, WA.

@Mikonp7:
BD: 134 mi OD: 316 mi FS: 1/2- MRL: +0 FTG: +3
Weather Condition: 90 degrees, sunny
Notes: Team is rolling through Coeur d’Alene at end of time block.

@Centurion_23:
BD: 135 mi OD: 327 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: +3
Notes: Team has refueled in Coeur d’Alene, ID

@Xepy:
BD: 73 mi OD: 289 mi FS: 3/4- MRL: +1 FTG: +2
Last Town: Spokane, WA Next Waypoint: Lookout Pass
Notes: Waypoint completed: Vantage Bridge.
INCIDENT: a chunk of debris flew out of an improperly covered dump truck, and struck the hood and windshield. Minor hood damage, small chip in windshield.

@Private_Miros:
BD: 138 mi OD: 328 mi FS: 1/2- MRL: +0 FTG: +2
Notes: None
Ongoing issues: SES light is on

@Boiled_Steak:
BD: 136 mi OD: 316 mi FS: REFUEL IN PROGRESS MRL: +0 FTG: +3
Weather Condition: 90 degrees, mostly sunny
Notes: Team is in the middle of refueling at the end of the time block in Coeur d’Alene

@GetWrekt01:
BD: 15 mi OD: 224 mi FS: Full MRL: -1 FTG: +3
Notes: Team has stopped at a garage in Ritzville, WA for fuel and to diagnose/fix their cooling issue. They are most of the way through replacing a dying water pump at the end of the time frame. Repair will bleed into next time period.

@Mythrin:
BD: 149 mi OD: 295 mi FS: 1/4- MRL: +0 FTG: +2

@Ryan93:
BD: 84 mi OD: 278 mi FS: 1/4 MRL: +1 FTG: +5
Last Town: Cheney, WA Next Waypoint: Lookout Pass
Notes: Team has stopped to refuel in Cheney, WA. They will be staying an extended period per player request.

@abg7:
BD: 141 mi OD: 338 mi FS: LOW MRL: +0 FTG: +3

@Radster:
BD: 135 mi OD: 326 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: +5
Notes: Team has refueled in Coeur d’Alene, ID

@SkylineFTW97:
BD: 144 mi OD: 330 mi FS: 1/2- MRL: +1 FTG: +6
Notes: Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued.

@findRED19:
BD: 145 mi OD: 344 mi FS: LOW MRL: +0 FTG: +4

@Jaimz:
BD: 135 mi OD: 308 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: +3
Last Town: Post Falls, ID Next Waypoint: Lookout Pass
Notes: Team has refueled in Spokane, WA.
Ongoing issues: Car has a squeak and slight lateral shift of the rear going over bigger bumps. Small crack in windshield. Car has a dead deer strapped to the top.

@Caligo:
BD: 150 mi OD: 283 mi FS: LOW MRL: +1 FTG: +4

@Aaron.W:
BD: 141 mi OD: 262 mi FS: LOW MRL: +1 FTG: +2
Last Town: Ritzville, WA Next Waypoint: Vantage, WA

@Keikyun:
BD: 90 mi OD: 283 mi FS: FULL MRL: +3 FTG: +1
Notes: Team has stopped in Spokane, WA to refuel and eat at Kinja.

Vehicles that are traveling in packs:
224 mi - Courageaux, Vector (both under repair)
344 mi - Torg, Keystone

Note: vehicles within ~5 miles of each other are within CB range. Group chats via social media are now available; the room(s) have been set up to allow this.

Team Greasy Lightning

The not overly intrepid team stopped in Ritzville at the Love’s Plaza to refill the tank, empty their bladders, and scrape countless bug smears off the windshield with a squeegee.

Rick climbed into the back seat, buckled up, and immediately leaned up against pillow-padded door, ready to read, and potentially sleep, once they were underway.

Jen rotated to shotgun, gleefully accepting the opportunity to man the CB and annoy Fuzz with her musical choices.

Fuzz, quoting Nicholas Angel, flipped down his sunglasses and said, “Shit just got real.”

And what was left of the 220-ish horses (that hadn’t wandered away) under the hood of the Keystone were brought to life.

8 Likes

@VicVictory

if you don’t have a problem with it, i’ll pick bex up.
whatever luggage she has is stored onto the roofrack since there is not enough space anywhere else…

i’d also be okay woth her being in my car for RP purposes, but her not actually providing any driving time and stuff

OOC: I’ll add my RP later. I guess I’ll have to drive aggressively once the pump is fixed. I never guessed the pump would be an issue :rofl:

Team Harcourt-Entwhistle

Stage 3

Mopey - Gran, we’re missing all of the points of interest.

Gran - SH! We’ve lost time with the accident. The back end is loose and I refuse to let us break the speed limit. There will be time, later on, for sight seeing.

Spanners looks at Mopey with a look of surprise on his face……

Gran - I’m getting peckish. I think we should stop soon and cook some of this deer. It’s a shame to waste but we’ll have to dispose of the rest.

Spanners - Sounds good. We’ll pull about 6.

Mopey - Can we have a beer?

Gran - No dear.

Mopey - Why not?

Gran - Well, firstly we’re still driving…

Mopey - Ah, I understand.

Gran - ….secondly, you may be underage, for drinking alcohol, around here…

Mopey - But we don’t have to let anyone know.

Gran - ……and finally, I removed all of the alcohol before we started.

Spanners & Mopey - WHAT?

Gran - We don’t need any distractions.

Spanners - But, but, but,………I need to relax at the end of the day.

Gran - Meditation dear…that should help you relax.

Spanners - Meditation? Really?

Gran - It does wonders for you dear………it’s helped me not to worry about this box…….I think we should open it!

Spanners - Sorry Mrs E but the organisers have said that we can’t open it.

Gran - We’ll see about that later………

5 Likes

Team Beer Blokes & BBQs

T: Well this has been an uneventful couple of hours.
S: You’re definitely not wrong there, it’s all been smooth sailing.
M: You guys say that like it’s a bad thing, we’re making good progress.
S: I guess so.
The fuel light comes on, the gauge showing a little under an eighth of a tank remaining
S: Well it had to happen eventually, how far away is the next servo?
M: Next town is about 30 miles up the road, think we’ve got enough to make it?
S: Yeah we should have enough, by the way, could one of you take over the driving after we stop? I’m starting to feel a bit tired.
M: Yeah I can take the next stint, you get some rest though, we might be on the road for a while longer yet.

The trio stopped for fuel and continued on their journey still problem free

8 Likes

Maroon Marauders - Part 3

Late afternoon, past Coeur d’Alene

The Maroon Marauders continued to drive at their usual pace eastward towards the next waypoint at Lookout Pass. Apart from running low on fuel, nothing untoward had happened yet. Even so, Denny was surprised to discover that it had taken him this long to have a fuel shortage.

It was then that Gary explained what some of the other teams may be experiencing:

“I’m beginning to suspect that years of wear and tear are taking their toll on some of the other entrants’ cars as they make their way along the route. No wonder some of them have decided to stop for repairs, which will take them time - but better safe than sorry. That also explains why we carried some spare suspension components with us.”

And so the Maroon Marauders carried on as planned at their usual pace, brimming with confidence and running near the front of the field.

3 Likes

Team Trinity

The check engine light is on!

Alice was driving after lunch in Spokane. Matthew was petting Ivy Mike and resting in the rear. John was still there with his notebook, focused on the CB.

We must continue. They are both ahead of us.

Who, John? Who are?

That will become clear, but we must not fall too far back.

Matthew felt like reassuring Alice.

Don’t worry, the check engine light is usually nothing critical. It might be due for servicing, or it’s something electronic. There isn’t much in this car that still works perfectly electronics-wise.

Ivy Mike purred approvingly. Matthew was confident the car would manage until they were back in civilization. He’d take a look then.

We should stop in Missoula for a check and dinner. The question then is what route we take and where and when we call it a night.

John being practical - unexpected. It made Alice feel ready to introduce herself to the other teams apparently, as she picked up the CB:

Anyone around us, what are you guys planning? Driving through the night, or dinner and a comfortable bed somewhere?

6 Likes

Team Tiger Trouble

With the gas tank filled back up, Kayden got back into the driver’s seat. He cranked over the Sinistra’s tired V8, and it roared to life as the three Tigrilans quickly got ready to leave the gas station.

Kayden dropped it in drive and floored it. As the Traville did a mighty burnout away from the pumps, Kayden misjudged the distance to the curb on the way to the road, and curbed the right front wheel, shattering the factory plastic hubcap and jolting the car fiercely.

Kaylie looked at Kayden, then asked, “Perhaps the next time we stop, I should drive?”

Jaden added in, “It would be a good idea, Kayden. You have been driving a long time, and we all know that doing the same task for a long time leads to fatigue.”

Kayden nodded, then said, “When next we stop, then Kaylie will take over.”

On the way to Lookout Pass, the mysterious ticking noise returned with a vengeance. The climb loaded down the engine, and Kayden was forced to let Jaden take a better look at the gauges, because he had no idea what was wrong with the car. Jaden shook his head, then said, “I’m not seeing anything either.”

Kaylie looked around Kayden’s shoulder, then said, “If it doesn’t go away when we level out, I’ll have to borrow Nova’s help. Until then, perhaps we should consider our requirements for shelter and food for the night?”

Kayden nodded, then said, “Nova, we could use a hotel room and some repair assistance. We have an unusual rattling noise under the hood, and need a way to fix it.”

“Engine troubleshooting for an internal combustion engine can be relatively simple for a starship mechanic. I would advise checking the oil condition and level, before any further questions related to the rattling.” Nova replied. “As for your hotel room, most of the places along your route do not require a reservation. Pick one and use this card.”

Kayden looked down at his wrist computer as Nova printed out a credit card, with enough detail that it could pass close scrutiny as a legitimate designer debit card. Kayden took the card and looked at it, before asking, “Kayden Grayson? We don’t have second names.”

“The humans do, and it is expected. Consider this a bit of AI based tongue-in-cheek humor. If you don’t get it, the humans will.”

8 Likes

RK Series Racing; Chapter III

What has happened in this block

Literally nothing noteworthy or interesting happens.

6 Likes

Team Gizzle; Chapter II

Jason finally has calmed down to the point of being in the middle of a nap while Zack happily continues driving with an endless loop of some techno music on his MyPot.

Z: "Hey! 2Pac! Wake up! We’re there… with pretty much no fuel and i have to drop a bomb in the bathroom. Also, i think they have some repair shop place where we can inspect our car and see how it’s been holding up. And i don’t wanna waste any time. One and a half hours and i wanne be back rolling.
Y: Yo calm down bro. JayZ always there, always ready, in the flow. Yo yo yo…
Z: Just knock it off! I don’t need a rapper parrot processing everything into mediocre rap lines.
J: Fuyk you! You don’t know jackshit about music. You and your Techno-crap… an-
Z: [interrupting Jayson] Could be, but at least i know stuff about other things. [laughs] Just start getting some pubes already and calm the fuck down…
J: …

The car comes to a stop at the gas station.

Z: Whatever… we’re there. Check the tyre pressures and tread depth while i get this baby something to drink.
Then i’ll head inside and pay. Theres some work to do.

Without waiting for an answer, Zack starts the refueling process while repeatedly looking over to the cash register inside.

Jayson also leaves the car and quietly rants about Zack’s boss-like behavior, claiming the leader’s role for himself in the process.
In his peripheral vision, he notices Zack aggressively flirting with the cashier. He pretends to not have seen anything and heads over to continue the pressure-ckecking.
Zack arrives with a shit-eating ear-to-ear grin.

Z: I think we should stay for a bit. Got words of some rodeo event happening tonight. We’ll check the car in theshop and head over there afterwards.
J: Suurrrrreee… Whatever…

Jayson enters the car without further questioning.
Zack enters soon after mumbling something inaudible and drives the car to the repair shop without saying anything else.

to be continued

8 Likes

TGGBA Shitbox Crusaders: Part 3

The isekai quartet arrived at the Japanese restaurant at Spokane, WA.

DAVID: “We’re here!”

HARUKI: “Did we have any other visitors?”

DAVID: “We had no answers, so we’ll assume none. Anyway, here we are.”

YURI: “About time… I was feeling hungry.”

EMILY: “Yay!”

HARUKI: “Excellent!”

They take a table for four, and are supplied menus. David orders a rather sizeable bowl of udon, Haruki orders a seafood-based bento box, Yuri orders a large portion of chicken karaage and Emily orders a bowl of ramen.

YURI: “I really missed having food… this is great!”

EMILY: “This ramen is good… wait where’s my phone?”

HARUKI: “I think you left it in the van.”

EMILY: “Oh yeah…”

YURI moans in satisfaction of a good meal.

DAVID: “Haruki, maybe you could drive?”

HARUKI: “Yeah, I think it would be good to relieve you of all these hours of driving.”

They pay for their food.

EMILY: “DAMN, that is expensive.”

YURI: “But it is amazing!”

EMILY: “Can’t argue with that.”

The four get in the van. HARUKI this time is driving, with DAVID in front passenger seat.

DAVID: “First, let’s fill our tank with some diesel, just to be sure.”

YURI: “They might pick me up at the end.”

EMILY: "Who’s they?

YURI: “N-Nothing, it’s just… my job?”

EMILY: “I thought you never had a job.”

YURI: “It’s a long story.”

Soon, they arrive at the gas station, with a 8-88 convenience store nearby. HARUKI fills the van with diesel, while DAVID goes to get some food and drink. Once done, HARUKI resumes the driving, with DAVID in front passenger.

DAVID: “Welcome back to the wangan.”

HARUKI: “I used to play lots of Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune when younger. Don’t worry, I will not drive like that, I prefer to be careful and stay with traffic.”

EMILY and YURI let off a sigh of relief, and get to reading more manga.

7 Likes

Team Rockport

Day 1, Repair chronicles

Obsolete as of now, will fix later

Leo: Well this is it, Pete’s Garage. Pull over Zack
Zack: Pulling over… Hey I’m Zack, we called like 30 mins ago about a possible coolant issue?
The mechanic Zack was talking to responded with an affirmative gesture and said,“Ah yes, I was the one who received your call, this the car?”
Zack: Ah, yes…
Mechanic: The GTS trim aye? Everything’s stock I’d assume?
Zack: Except for the battery and some AC parts, yeah. Why?
Mechanic: I’d take a wild guess and bet my money on the Water Pump
Leo: While leaving the car Huh? You mean the pump is dying? But it hasn’t even run 80k miles!
Mechanic: Well I’d assume so. This thing is old enough to already have faulty Water Pumps, paired with the fact that the GTS trim had a cheaper water pump than it needed, yeah.
Zack: Well that just sucks. How long is it gonna take? Over two hours I’d assume?
Mechanic: Yeah about that. I’d suggest you men take a stroll or go grab a bite while we work on this.
Zack: Understood, we’ll leave the car here then.

Zack and Leo talk a bit with the chief mechanic and then leave for a Euro style restaurant near the garage. It’s kinda posh and expensive looking but they’re so tired and hungry that they just want a good bite while the car gets fixed.

I’ll add more details later it’s 4AM here please I need to sleep

Fixed: Once More (Unto the Breach) [FRI, 2P-4P]

6 Likes

Team Beer Blokes & BBQs (pt. 2)

T: How long until the next town, I’m starting to get hungry.
M: Why didn’t you say something 15 minutes ago when we were stopped in town for gas.
T: Well I wasn’t hungry then.
M: sigh
S: Why don’t we stop at the next town, grab some food and fuel and give the car a quick check to make sure everything is working as it should.
M: That sounds like a plan, should only take us about an hour
Suddenly the CB crackles to life
Alice (CB): Anyone around us, what are you guys planning? Driving through the night, or dinner and a comfortable bed somewhere?
S (CB): We were planning to have a quick stop at the next town over to grab some fast food and fuel then continue on through the night. You can join us if you’d like.
T: While we’re there, I don’t think it’d be a bad idea to pick up some ear muffs, so we can actually get some rest with all the noise coming from this thing.
M: Good idea, we can swing by the hardware store on the way out.
S: Earmuffs would be a godsend, the drone of this thing is driving me insane.

They decided to stop at the next town they came across to get food, fuel, the earmuffs (can’t forget those) and check the mechanicals of the car.

5 Likes

Team Wang Lao Ji - 2-4P

Harry was well on the gas at this point, Jackie was still scared, Anderson was fast asleep. He was smooth cruising in the HAC, Roll In Peace blasting on the tinny speakers. He had a confident grin on his face, until he noticed the sporty silver Vector in his rearview.

H: We’re racing those guys right?
J: Yes but they’re our friends. We don’t want any trouble-
H: We’re racing them-
J: No! You’ll get into deep shit again…

Harry let out a long sigh, leaving him no choice but to believe Jackie’s observations for the millionth time. Jackie has historically predicted Harry’s future correctly many times, like the time he fell off the yacht, slipped on the campus stairs trying to balance a can of Red Bull on his nose, went on a 26 game losing streak in League of Legends (to the exact digit too), etc.

H: Fine, we can talk to them and have a picnic. Right? Talk to them Jackie!
J: U-uh…
H: Get yourself out there you penis! Get fucking laid!
J: But…

After a long period of attempting to persuade Jackie, Harry eventually gave up. The Vector followed the HAC on onto the bridge, but eventually turned off for a reason unknown to the three Chinese students. Jackie wanted to meet them, but didn’t want to be the person to initiate the conversation. Classic Jackie.

@GetWrekt01 uhhh here we go I guess LOL

6 Likes

OK, I’ve been asked a couple times, so I think I should clear something up about repairs.

During midday hours, you may use a mechanic’s shop in a city (defined as 75k+ people) to do big epairs, but the mechanic doesn’t do the work; you are considered as renting a bay to do the work yourself. During evening/night/early morning hours and anywhere other than a city, you can only perform limited repairs based on your carried spares and toolkit.

This prevents people from having their car fixed by a mechanic and staying at a hotel/eating at a restaurant to get a morale and fatigue boost.

The idea is to deter major repairs because it will set you so far behind you have no chance of winning.

Having a critical failure, either on a control or mechanical check, at any time, ends your run.

8 Likes