One Last Hurrah [FINAL RESULTS]

Team Marx

WARNING: GOOGLE TRANSLATE AHEAD

Lenin:snow’s picking up. not that it’s a problem.

Marx: well, at least we got to a church finally.

Lenin: yeah, we need to have a word with God.

Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin then proceed to enter the church

Lenin: angry look on face Who’s here.

Pastor: comes out to greet them Ah why hello you gu- freezes up when he realizes it’s Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin in his church I-I thought you guys condemned religion…

Marx: lets just say some complicated stuff came up, and we have a personal fight with God now.

Pastor: H-how so?

Lenin: just sit back and watch. clears throat YO GOD YOU BETTER RESPOND RIGHT F**KING NOW!

GOD: A bit harsh man, you don’t have to say that

Pastor: Eyes light up, he falls to pray but ends up collapsing out of shear excitement

Lenin: It doesn’t matter. we have come to talk to you on your own turf. Tell us, why do you keep bringing us here?

GOD: Does the answer really matter that much?

Marx: F*ck yeah it does

GOD: How so?

Lenin: We had our own lives in the past. I have a country to run, revolts to stop, Wealth to distribute, and Marx has his own book to write.

GOD: Who’s to say you should have done that?

Lenin: if the pastors reaction had anything to do with it, we influence history in a big way.

GOD: Not the right way.

Lenin: It doesn’t matter. We do what we do, and you’re getting in the way of it. My country needs me, and Karl needs to finish writing his book.

GOD: So what? this is for the betterment of my people.

Lenin: If that’s how you feel, answer us one question. Why are you making us go through this? you could have just killed us, but instead you force us to do races. Answer the question.

GOD: It’s a trial.

Marx: A trial of F*cking what?

GOD: I will not tell you now.

Marx: You better f*cking tell us.

GOD: If you want the answer that badly, you’ll have to go through another trial.

Marx: Bring it on f*cker.

God: Just for that, it will not be easy.

At that moment, God has an entity appear in the church, it turns out to be a person forming

Lenin: now who is this?

GOD: you’ll find out soon enough. I have to thank you for coming to a church though, I can only do this sort of thing here.

The entity finishes forming, and wakes up. He speaks German and has a funny mustache.

Marx: Um, hello?

Pastor: wakes up finally oh Lord, Jesus, and Mary… face turns completely white in fear

Marx: you know who he is?

Pastor: that’s… Adolf Hitler…

Lenin: and what’s his issue?

Pastor: He kills jews… he killed six million of them in horrendous ways. So many children of God… dead at his hands.

Marx: locks up and appears to panick

Lenin: Karl, what’s your issue?

Marx: Lenin… I’m Jewish…

Hitler: Notices Karl Marx Ich kenne Sie

Marx: turns white as a ghost No… No you don’t.

Hitler: *appears visibly angry with an apparent bloodlust.

Lenin: Yo Pastor! get me some rope! fast!

Pastor: runs to a back room to get things to restrain Hitler with, things such as giant cross necklaces, thick lent ribbons, and some ropes used to hang a cross from a wall, then proceeds to throw them at Lenin

Lenin: Marx try to get him down!

Marx: dodges Hitler’s first lunge at him, before getting on top and pinning him to the ground. NOW!

Lenin: * proceeds to tie up Hitler’s arms and restrains his legs* Karl, tell this man to calm down, you know German!

Marx Okay, beruhigen.

Hitler: Still trying to attack marx

Marx: Just throw him in the back seat.

hitler has been thrown in the back seat of the communitasia

Marx: versuche ruhig zu bleiben

Hitler: spits at marx

Lenin: welp, time to hit the road.

Adolf Hitler has Joined the team

some distance down the road

Marx: Hey, have you heard one of the teams near of us broke down? not even far off course.

Lenin: Just come in over the CB or something?

Marx: Yeah, someone was reporting and repeating it. perhaps we stop by and see if we can give them a lift.

Lenin: assuming they don’t mind whoever this Hitler guy is rambling in German.

Hitler: du wirst zahlen

Lenin: welp, lets try to get to them. Radio them if you can Marx.

@Nicholander You can pick up from here.

2 Likes

(… WTF just happened there?)

3 Likes

(God Hates Communists)

Legend of Terms:

POI NOTE: Blah blah blah you know the drill by now.

BD: Block Distance. This is the amount of mileage covered during the current 2 hour period.
OD: Overall Distance. This is the total distance that the team has covered since the event started.
AT: Ambient Temperature
FS: Fuel Status. Approximate fuel reading. May also include other fuel related concerns.
MRL: Morale modifier
FTG: Fatigue Level
Last Town: Last town of note that was passed (will not include tiny villages)
Next Waypoint: Should be self explanatory.
Notes: Any notes I have for your team during this time block. Including POI results, car issues, etc.

Friday, 10AM - 12PM

VicVictory:
BD: 70 mi OD: 662 mi AT: 28 F FS: 2/3 MRL: +0 FTG: +4 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Team spent a good chunk of time period following a snow plow. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow.

@Madrias
BD: 61 mi OD: 602 mi AT: 28 F FS: Full MRL: +0 FTG: +4 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Team has refueled in Toronto. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow.

@Mr.Computah
BD: 43 mi OD: 546 mi AT: 28 F FS: Full MRL: +0 FTG: +4 Last Town: Toronto, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Speed currently limited due to chains. Team has refueled in Toronto. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow.

@Jaimz
BD: 63 mi OD: 623 mi AT: 28 F FS: Full MRL: +0 FTG: +4 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: None. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow, heavy at the beginning.

@Awildgermanappears
BD: 46 mi OD: 414 mi AT: 28 F FS: 3/4 MRL: +0 FTG: +0 Last Town: Belleville, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Team is exercising extreme caution. WEATHER CONDITION: Heavy snow.

@BobLoblaw
BD: 0 mi OD: 599 mi AT: 28 F FS: LOW MRL: -2 FTG: +5 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Tow truck un-sticks the team at about 1130am. Team is currently looking for chains in Barrie. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow.

@Zabhawkin
BD: 50 mi OD: 630 mi AT: 28 F FS: 1/2 MRL: +0 FTG: +6 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Retaining control is difficult. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow, heavy at the beginning. Team is feeling a little tired.

@HighOctaneLove
BD: 53 mi OD: 499 mi AT: 28 F FS: 1/2 MRL: +1 FTG: +2 Last Town: Cobourg, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Team is doing well despite no snow experience. WEATHER CONDITION: Heavy snow.

@Fayeding_Spray
BD: 38 mi OD: 503 mi AT: 28 F FS: Full MRL: +0 FTG: +4 Last Town: Oshawa, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: This vehicle is poorly suited to the conditions. Team has pulled over in Oshawa for safety’s sake. WEATHER CONDITION: Heavy snow.

@DoctorNarfy
BD: 62 mi OD: 653 mi AT: 28 F FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: +4 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Team has refueled in Barrie, ON. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow, heavy at the beginning.

@FindRED19
BD: 43 mi OD: 591 mi AT: 27 F FS: 2/3 MRL: +0 FTG: +2 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: None. WEATHER CONDITION: Heavy snow.

@stm316
BD: 48 mi OD: 550 mi AT: 28 F FS: 1/4 MRL: +0 FTG: +2 Last Town: Toronto, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury ON)
Notes: Car is poorly suited to the conditions. WEATHER CONDITION: Heavy snow.

@Mythrin
BD: 55 mi OD: 578 mi AT: 28 F FS: 1/4 MRL: +0 FTG: +2 Last Town: Toronto, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: None. WEATHER CONDITION: Heavy snow.

@abg7
BD: 60 mi OD: 519 mi AT: 28 F FS: 1/4 MRL: +0 FTG: +3 Last Town: Oshawa, ON Next Waypoint: Dyamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Speed currently limited by chains. WEATHER CONDITION: Heavy snow.

@LordLetto
BD: 30 mi OD: 398 mi AT: 28 F FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: +0 Last Town: Kingston, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Team has procured a set of chains. Speed currently limited by chains. WEATHER CONDITION: Heavy snow.

@cpufreak101
BD: 50 mi OD: 591 mi AT: 28 F FS: Full MRL: +0 FTG: +3 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Team has refueled in Barrie, ON. WEATHER CONDITION: Heavy snow.

Vehicles that are traveling in packs:

Note: vehicles within ~5 miles of each other are within CB range.

Team Moss Boss

(The team doesn’t have any significant dialogue during this time. They are enjoying the scenery, as the section between Barrie and Sudbury is very sparsely populated. In-cabin lunch consists of cold sandwiches, chips, and soda.)

6 Likes

V6 Vandals - Day 2, 8-10a - “Tortoise, or Hare?”

In the cabin of the Truckling, Jake was busy making a quick lunch of grilled ham-and-cheese sandwiches, using the hot-plate and inverter Luke had brought on the trip. “Here you go, Mom. Figure you should have the first one seeing as you’re navigating and all.”

“Thank you.” Amy said, giving a smile before starting in on the sandwich. She was keeping an eye on the GPS provided at the start of the race. “And looks like we’re passing a red blip, so they’re active, even if they’re stopped.”

“Whoa, that’s the Outriders. What’chu think happened to 'em?” Cody asked.

“My guess, they’re looking for snow chains after a close call.” Luke replied.

“Oh. And we’ve got a gray blip about 2 miles ahead of us. The little yellow car of Just Another Racing Team.”

“Ah. I’d been calling them Team JART for a while. I… I hope they didn’t make a lawn dart out of their car.” Luke said, recognizing that his response could be seen as mocking a fallen team, even if it wasn’t intended. “Don’t suppose there’s any info about how they went out yet?”

“Not that I can find. But then again, I’m not looking too hard.” Amy replied.

“If the Outriders weren’t busy, I’d hail them on the CB, see if I could get any information about what happened to them, but some might consider that… Well, a bit rude. Interrupting their search to ask, that is.” Luke said.

“So we’ve fallen into a perpetual state of “Just out of range of everyone’s radio” again.” Jake said.

“Well… To a degree, yes. I can speak and be heard, but cannot hear the replies. Which isn’t useful, and I don’t want to blow out anyone’s speakers, burn up anyone’s radio, or worse, get fined for being well over the radio-signal power limits. After all, just because I’ve got a broad-spectrum broadcast-capable radio antenna array does not mean I have to treat it like one.” Luke said.

“Wait, so you’re saying… Could you overpower a radio station?” Cody asked.

“Short ranges only with you three this close, and that’s highly illegal. I don’t have a broadcast license to do that, so no, I’m not going to annoy people by hijacking their radio stations to play “Never gonna give you up” as we fly past them.”

“Damn it. And here I was hoping you’d have a sense of humor.”

“The same sense of humor that caused you to scare an old lady with fireworks, and then diaper their windshield? Yeah, I heard about that. Also heard you did those one right after the other, rather than just letting them be.”

“Wait, Luke, these two did what exactly?” Amy asked, looking seriously annoyed.

“From what I heard, they launched a firework at one of the other teams in their run. Specifically, over the roof of an old cargo van. Then shortly after doing that, they threw a peanut-butter filled diaper on the windshield.”

“You told me you did that to two different teams!” Amy yelled at Jake, looking rather fierce at that point. “How dare you lie to me! Lied right to my face and all. Be glad I don’t make you walk home!”

Cody snickered, only to turn as white as a ghost when Amy turned to him. “And you, be glad I don’t tie you to the rear bumper and keelhaul your ass all the way to New Orleans!”

“Perhaps causing a mutiny would not be the best course of action?” Luke said. “After all, we’ve got many miles to drive still, and I’d much rather not have to tow a camper behind this thing to separate the team.”

Morale: +6 (NC)
Fatigue: +6 (+4)
Waypoints: 3
Fuel: Full
Fuel Stops: 2

7 Likes

Team Mountain Pass

Team Bio
Day 2, 8 to 10AM

Day Two, 10AM to 12 Noon

The next couple of hours saw us make good time. My half remembered snow technique turned out to be quite effective and I soon found myself being seduced by the rhythm of the curves. Andrew, however, had managed to find a really obnoxious country music station which was playing only the most obscure, untalented and downright painful tracks they could find. This lasted no longer than a half hour when Andrew, seeing that I was unperturbed, gave up and listened to K-Pop instead. Meanwhile the snow was getting steadily heavier. What was only a light dusting at 8AM was now a constant stream with the wipers barely able to keep up. But we seemed to be coping with the extra difficulty so I slowed down a bit which made it easier to see and I cranked the internal heat as high as it would go so we wouldn’t freeze!

On noon we stopped on the side of the road to eat our lunch (thanks again Kyle) the continued on our way, hoping the snow would let up sooner rather than later…

TO BE CONTINUED

Distance covered: 53 miles
Overall distance: 496 miles
Fuel state: 1/2 full
Overall fuel used: 1 and 1/2 of a tank
Morale: +1 (+8) We’re making good time
Fatigue: +2 (0) Walk without rhythm and you won’t attract the worm!

5 Likes

Gran: These conditions are quite tiresome but I’m finding it easier to get into the groove.

Mopey: I’m still struggling at the start but then by the time I get into it, I’m knackered!

Spanners: All down to experience mate. From what I hear the winter of ’62-’63 was bad.

Gran: Oh, don’t get me started on that winter. We had ice and snow for MONTHS! Roads were a lot less treated than you get these days. People had to know how to drive back then.

Mopey sarcastically : Really gran?

Gran: Oh yes and don’t get me started on……what are they called?..Oh yes, the “snowflakes” of today who have to have the schools closed!!! When I was a girl I had to WALK to school….2 miles, hail, rain, snow or shine………

……20 minutes later………

Gran: ……these people, today, don’t know how lucky they are.

Spanners: I could do with a beer tonight. I’ll pick some up next time we stop.

Mopey: Cool, I could do with one or two myself.

Gran: GEORGE HARCOURT-ENTWHISTLE!!! You shouldn’t be drinking at your age!!!

Spanners: Anyway, it’s illegal here. You have to be 18, 19 in some parts, to drink alcohol.

Mopey: Yeah, but no-one will know, will they?

Gran: NO George.

Spanners: Look kiddo, if you need to drive and have an accident then the police will come smell beer on you and then we are all in trouble.

Mopey: Stoooopid Canada……stoooopid rules.

Spanners: It’s getting close to lunch time. We’ll either stop at a truckstop, and get a hot meal, or we’ll stop in a scenic spot and eat some hot gruel. Either way, I need to eat.

4 Likes

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

TEAM OUTRIDERS

Blake: Christ, how long does it take for a tow truck to arrive?

Marc: Well, let’s see. It’s snowing like crazy, and a big truck like that probably isn’t the best thing to drive swiftly in the snow, so I’d say it would take a while. Especially since the driver isn’t trying to crash into a barrier.

Blake: How long are you gonna hold that over me?

Marc: Until we win one of these.

Luigi: That may not happen you know.

Marc: Then I guess I’ll just have to ride his ass indefinitely then.

Zach: Phrasing!

(Some time later)

Zach: There’s a tow truck!

(The tow truck arrives, and turns on strobes and flashers. The driver gets out.)

Driver: Great, another one.

Marc: Compliments of this horse’s ass! (points to Blake)

Driver: Well, let’s get you free.

Luigi: Without damaging the car I hope.

Driver: Relax, our company works with the RCMP a lot. I’ve dealt with my share of these.

(With meticulous care, the driver positions the truck, hooks it up to the Enforcer. With some effort he manages to get the car free.)

Marc: At least the car doesn’t look damaged. How much?

Driver: $150*

Marc: (counts money out of his wallet) There’s $160, keep the difference.

Driver: Thanks.

Blake: Okay, let’s go.

Marc: Not so fast! I’m driving. We’re gonna find us some chains for the tires.

Blake: I can handle it.

Luigi: Let him drive, I want to finish this trip alive.

Blake: Fine.

(The team is currently in Barrie looking for snow chains)

*I do not know what the going rate for tow trucks is in Canada so I took a guess.

2 Likes

My Reaction to Team Marx:

1 Like

Team Redneck 10:00-12:00 Dashing through the snow with a big Redneck Sled

Comming around another curve in the highway the truck starts sliding sideways which sees the big truck taking up both lanes and the shoulders before straigtening out.

Otis, “Whoa whoaoohhhh shhhhhhhh… whew. How much further to Sudbury?”

Jake, “Bout 120 miles, about 5 hours at this rate if we manage to stay on the road”

Otis, “Tempted to pull the rear driveshaft and turn this thing into a front wheel drive”

Jake, “You know the Vandals wouldn’t let us live that down”

Otis, “They don’t need to find out, any word on chains yet”

Jake, “Yeah, about 130 miles behind us, or 120 miles ahead of us, but still looking”

Otis, “I think we need to get off the road, my arms, and butt cheeks are getting tired, find us a place to eat if you can”

Jake, “Yeah sure thing.”

2 Likes

Legend of Terms:

POI NOTE: Blah blah blah you know the drill by now.

BD: Block Distance. This is the amount of mileage covered during the current 2 hour period.
OD: Overall Distance. This is the total distance that the team has covered since the event started.
AT: Ambient Temperature
FS: Fuel Status. Approximate fuel reading. May also include other fuel related concerns.
MRL: Morale modifier
FTG: Fatigue Level
Last Town: Last town of note that was passed (will not include tiny villages)
Next Waypoint: Should be self explanatory.
Notes: Any notes I have for your team during this time block. Including POI results, car issues, etc.

Friday, 12PM - 2PM

VicVictory:
BD: 71 mi OD: 733 mi AT: 29 F FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: +6 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow.

@Madrias
BD: 68 mi OD: 690 mi AT: 29 F FS: 3/4 MRL: +0 FTG: +6 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)

@Mr.Computah
BD: 60 mi OD: 606 mi AT: 29 F FS: 2/3 MRL: +0 FTG: +7 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Speed currently limited due to chains. Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow.

@Jaimz
BD: 72 mi OD: 695 mi AT: 29 F FS: 2/3 MRL: +0 FTG: +6 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)

@Awildgermanappears
BD: 64 mi OD: 478 mi AT: 29 F FS: 1/2 MRL: +0 FTG: +2 Last Town: Cobourg, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: None. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow, heavy at the beginning.

@BobLoblaw
BD: 20 mi OD: 619 mi AT: 29 F FS: Full MRL: +0 FTG: +3 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Team has procured and installed chains, and refueled in Barrie. Speed currently limited by chains. Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow.

@Zabhawkin
BD: 65 mi OD: 695 mi AT: 29 F FS: 1/4 MRL: +0 FTG: +6 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Conditions are improving for this team. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow. Team is tired.

@HighOctaneLove
BD: 67 mi OD: 566 mi AT: 29 F FS: 1/4 MRL: +0 FTG: +4 Last Town: Toronto, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: None. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow.

@Fayeding_Spray
BD: 0 mi OD: 503 mi AT: 29 F FS: Full MRL: -2 FTG: +1 Last Town: Oshawa, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: This vehicle is poorly suited to the conditions. Engine stalled out when the team was waiting. Choke is the suspect, team is now attempting to source replacement carb. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow.

@DoctorNarfy
BD: 73 mi OD: 726 mi AT: 29 F FS: 2/3 MRL: +0 FTG: +6 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)

@FindRED19
BD: 70 mi OD: 661 mi AT: 27 F FS: 1/2 MRL: +0 FTG: +4 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)

@stm316
BD: 47 mi OD: 597 mi AT: 29 F FS: Full MRL: +0 FTG: +4 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury ON)
Notes: Car is poorly suited to the conditions. Team has refueled in Barrie. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow.

@Mythrin
BD: 56 mi OD: 634 mi AT: 29 F FS: Full MRL: +0 FTG: +4 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Team has refueled in Barrie. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow.

@abg7
BD: 60 mi OD: 579 mi AT: 28 F FS: LOW MRL: +0 FTG: +6 Last Town: Oshawa, ON Next Waypoint: Dyamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Speed currently limited by chains. Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued. WEATHER CONDITION: Snow.

@LordLetto
BD: 60 mi OD: 458 mi AT: 28 F FS: 2/3 MRL: +0 FTG: +2 Last Town: Belleville, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)
Notes: Speed currently limited by chains. WEATHER CONDITION: Heavy snow.

@cpufreak101
BD: 72 mi OD: 663 mi AT: 29 F FS: Full MRL: +0 FTG: +6 Last Town: Barrie, ON Next Waypoint: Dynamic Earth (Sudbury, ON)

Vehicles that are traveling in packs:

Note: vehicles within ~5 miles of each other are within CB range.

Team Moss Boss

“Lot of snow,” Kyle remarked as he turned down the music.

“Wonder when it’s going to let up,” Hank mused.

The younger cousin nodded. “So tell me more about this position you have for me.”

“It’s at my store in Bridgeport. It’s my second biggest store. Gas station, quick mart, and touchless car wash. Great location, good team. Just needs a steady hand to guide it.”

Kyle scratched at his chin. “What about the employees there? Doesn’t someone want that job?”

Hank shook his head. “I’ve got a couple college students on staff, and a couple people who like the schedule and don’t want to mess with it. You’re not going to step on anyone’s toes, if that’s what you’re worried about.”

“Not the only thing,” Kyle added. “I’ve never done anything like this before.”

“Some of the job aspects, maybe. Others are quite similar to what you were doing before. It’ll be a bit of a learning curve, but you’ll do great. The two biggest things I need to show you are the daily drop and the inventory management system.”

“Sounds big.”

“Not really,” Hank shrugged. “And I’ll be there to walk you through it all and answer your questions.”

Kyle thought for a moment. “Yeah, no… I was just wondering, is all.”

The elder cousin raised his eyebrow. “Second thoughts?”

“Kind of. It’s just a big change, you know?”

Hank nodded. Silence fell in the cabin.

“Hey, find us a place to go to dinner in Sudbury, will ya?”

8 Likes

Team Mountain Pass

Team Bio
Day 2, 10AM to Noon

Day 2, Noon to 2PM

Another couple of hours, another session with very little to report. Andrew has dozed off; no scenery and my requirement for uninterruption has bored him to the point of narcolepsy! Thankfully the heavy snowfall has eased off meaning that, although it’s still snowing, I’m able to increase my pace slightly. The Bogliq has caused us no trouble so far and, apart from fuel, has required no attention from us. With the radio firmly set to an 80’s soft rock station I’m able to stay focussed, maintain rhythm and drive to the conditions without incident. Hopefully this means We’ll have a chance at winning this thing after all!

After we left Toronto it became clear that we’d have to stop for fuel in the next two hours. I decided that once 3PM rolled around I’d stop at the first fuel station I saw, regardless of fuel left in the tank, fill up the tank and give the l’il Bogliq a once-over and top up any fluids required. I’m sure Andrew would also love the break in the monotony and a chance to do something other than annoy me with bad country music!

But for now there was nothing to do but keep banging on, stick to the rhythm and eat as many miles as I can…

TO BE CONTINUED

Distance covered: 67 miles
Overall distance: 563 miles
Fuel state: 1/4 full
Overall fuel used: 1 and 3/4 of a tank
Morale: +0 (+8) Bored but still in the running.
Fatigue: +4 (+4) Maintaining the grip balance is beginning to wear Pierre out.

3 Likes

TEAM OUTRIDERS

Blake: Did you see those commie cosplayers?

Luigi: Reminds me of those guys we saw in Europe.

Blake: They look about the same as they did twenty years ago.

Luigi: Did you get a look at that third guy in the car?

Blake: I thought there was only two of them.

Luigi: When they passed by earlier I saw someone in the backseat. He looked like Hitler.

Marc: What?

Zach: Why would anyone dress like Hitler?

Marc: That’s what I’d fucking like to know!

Luigi: Easy man, I’m sure it’s just some kind of joke.

Marc: Yeah, a real sick joke! Where are we on those chains?

Blake: Almost finished.

Marc: Good. We’ve got some catching up to do.

Zach: You’re not going after them like you did the last run with those other guys are you?

Marc: Stealing food from a cooler is one thing, but those sick fucks? Dressing up as those commies is bad enough, but now they gotta dress up as a genocidal madman? They have a meeting between my foot and their asses!

Blake: Relax, getting bent out of shape is not going to help.

Marc: (calm but terrifying voice) Shut up, get in the car, and do not think about stopping me!

(The team takes off at a slower pace, but Marc is considerably pissed)

3 Likes

V6 Vandals - 10-Noon Day 2 - “Face The Music”

“So, we’re making decent time, and we’ve got a full tank of fuel. That said, I know the back seat of this truck is not particularly comfortable, so perhaps planning a stopping point would be nice?” Luke said, breaking the deafening silence in the Truckling.

Amy spoke up first and said, “They should consider themselves lucky that the back seat of the truck is more comfortable than sitting on the tailgate.”

“We said we were sorry.” Jake said.

“I’m not who you have to apologize to.” Amy snapped back.

“We might be in range… I can see them up ahead. Rangefinder says… 3 feet. Damn windshield. Hang on.” Luke said, before rolling the window down and looking down the road. “4.97 miles.”

The two in the back seat looked at each other, looking terrified as Luke got on the radio.

“Hey, this is Luke of the Vandals calling out to Team Harcourt-Entwhistle. Got a couple of troublemakers have something they want to say to you before the Motor-Matron in the front seat chains them to the bumper.”

Luke handed the microphone back to Cody and Jake, and Cody spoke up, “We apologize for the firework and the diaper last run. We shouldn’t have done it, and we’re sorry.”

Luke took the microphone back, then said, “Can’t say it’ll save their skins when we get home, but at least they won’t be riding with the supplies.”

After a few minutes had gone past, Luke also spotted Team Redneck up ahead. “How’s the four-by-four and the big V8 treating you guys up there? Our front-wheel-drive and small turbo V6 are pulling us along quite well. Any chance you two know a good place to eat up ahead?”

Morale: 6 (NC)
Fatigue: 12 (+6)
Waypoints: 3
Fuel: 3/4
Fuel Stops: 2

@Jaimz and @Zabhawkin, you’ve been hailed on the radio.

2 Likes

Gran: I’ll take this call boys.

This takes place over the CB to @Madrias

Gran: hello. Thank you for the apology and I apologise for my friend stealing parts from your car.

Spanners: Shhh, I told Luke about that but don’t know if he told the others.

Gran: Oh, don’t worry about it. They’ve apologised and that’s awfully civilised of them. So we graciously accept your apology. Hello? … HELLO? … Oh, I say, we accept their apology and they don’t respond. How rude! People today are so ill mannered!!!

Mopey: Gran, you need to take you finger off the mic button.

Gran: Oh, yes…I forgot. Do you think they heard all of th…

Radio silence follows with a rather sheepish old lady blushing furiously!

Gran: It’s mature or elderly dear! Never Old!

5 Likes

V6 Vandals - “Radio Contact”

After Gran and Spanners had gotten on the radio, Luke nodded, though waited for the chaos on the other end to quiet down. “Got that, loud and clear. And thank you for the apology as well.”

2 Likes

Team Thunder Taxi, Part 7

Oshawa, Ontario

The crew of the Thunder Taxi had been driving at a reduced pace due to their decision to fit snow chains to their car’s tires, but there was still nothing amiss on the long drive south to Sudbury via Toronto. Meanwhile, they had spent the last few hours admiring the scenery along the route they had taken.

In Oshawa, Chris suggested a voluntary POI stop in Toronto, and after a brief hesitation, settled on a visit to the Ripley’s Aquarium. “It’s right next to the CN Tower, but since all of us have visited it at some point in our lives, why don’t we go to the adjacent Ripley’s Aquarium? I bet none of us have ever been inside it. Do you agree with me? All in favor say aye.”

His teammates immediately responded with an affirmative “Aye.”

“So be it”, Chris continued. “We’ll stop there for an hour to stay fresh, before returning to the road. We should reach Sudbury without much trouble at the pace we’re maintaining.”

And with that, the Thunder Taxi resumed its relentless journey south to the border and beyond.

3 Likes

Team Shitbox Brothers

Day 2 - Another one bites the dust.

(You know the drill with the accents)

As the two brothers overheard the conversation on the radio, Ana grabbed the mic as the old lady from Hartcourt-Entwhistle forgot to turn it off.

Ana: “Hey, Ana from Shitbox Brothers to Hartcourt-Entwhistle. Guess we owe you an apology for what we said before.”

(This bit I’ll give to @Jaimz)

Times goes on, and Gramps GT keeps on pulling southbound. Ana stretchs her back.

Ana: “As soon as we get out of the snow we’re doing a stop. And we’re also taking these damn chains off, holding us back.”

Alejandro: “Yeah, and the rattling is driving me insane. Hopefuly all this cocaine will be over soon.”

Ana: “Heh. By the way, do you know Carpenter Brut released a new album?”

Alejandro: “That so? Let’s check it out.”

And the two brothers resumed their path, listening to Leather Teeth by Carpenter Brut.

To be continued.

3 Likes

Team Redneck day 2 12:00-2:00 Dashing through the snow with a big Redneck Sled

Jake and Otis pull off for lunch, and to regather their witts. While there they find out from a local that the roads are usually better further north.

Waiter, “It’s the lake effect snow, its not as strong just north of here”

Jake, “Thats good to know”

They decide to get back on the road instead of waiting it out, Jake is now driving.

The radio comes to life, its the Vandals talking to Harcourt-Entwhistle exchanging appologies.

Luke, “How’s the 4X4 and big V8 treating you guys up there? Our front-wheel-drive and small turbo V6 are pulling us along quite well. Any chance you two know a good place to eat up ahead?”

Otis picks up the mic and hesitates before responding, “We have no troubles getting it to go straight”, after letting go of the button, “its just the turns we have a problem with”.

Otis, “Then continues, we were planning on stopping at the Dynamic Earth, we were looking at stopping at the Beef 'N Bird on the way there. Maybe you guys and Harcourt-Entwhistle would like to join us”

@Jaimz, @Madrias

Edit: If I am doing my math correctly its 175 miles which at the current rate is 4-5 hours away.

3 Likes

V6 Vandals - “Radio Contact - Part 2”

A short while after their apology to Team Harcourt-Entwhistle, the Vandals heard the radio crackle to life again, with a response from Team Redneck.

“We have no troubles getting it to go straight.” Otis said. Luke nodded to himself, then listened as Otis continued with, “We were planning on stopping at the Dynamic Earth, and were looking at stopping at the Beef 'N Bird on the way there. Maybe you guys and Harcourt-Entwhistle would like to join us.”

Luke looked to the other members of the team, who nodded in agreement. “That sounds like a good plan. Count us in for the food.” Luke called back over the radio.

(You have at least one group of guests, @Zabhawkin.)

2 Likes