Ongoing projects

A spare tyre on the back would be awesome as well.

Are you doing a snorkel?(please)

an offset small bonnet scoop would be awesome to replicate a top mounted inter-cooler

Felgen has made one of those already. If you download the standalone version of his Soviet SUV from his thread (it’s vanilla content but still available there), a rear mounted spare and metal/rubber grooves found on the roof of SUVs, wagons, and vans are included with it.

You know I said that I flitted from project to project…well…

Very much a work in progress… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I actually have downloaded the standalone version. I have the roof stuff, but no spare tires.

AIRBORNE TECHNICALS
HERE YOU COME XDDD
And finally I can make proper rally car :wink:

I made low level roof lights too for rally spec cars…

Also did rear facing for towtruck kind of builds…

2 Likes

guess i gotta make a G-Series Repo edition :smiley:

If rear mounted spare tires is a thing, you should see if side mounted could be done. Add some flair to that 1940s luxury car.

Looks good, though that first ball looks a bit weak, more like a class I.

A tow bar from what I have always referenced goes on the front of the car so it can be towed such as behind an RV.

The pictures posted by rcracer11m are of a receiver, with the bottom picture being the hitch for it. You can put quite a few things in those including cargo racks, bike racks, winches etc.

They either come as shown, with plastic molding that allows access to all of it, or that hang below the bumper. They bolt to the frame.

Good work, cant wait to see more.

1 Like

OK so I saw this piccy…

And I made this…

And if you elongate it too far you get…

For some reason the paint on the 2 sides are different…one glossy and the other is matt. This happened when I joined the 2 pieces in 3DS. If you know why then send your answer on a postcard because it’s frustrating the hell out of me!

Still haven;t worked out how to do materials…in 3DS all parts are material 1. In the lua file I have 3 sections for CF, Chrome and Paint…and all I get is paint…

3 Likes

I told you, the materials you use in 3ds are like slots for materials in the fixture. If you have only one sub-material applied in 3DS, your fixture will have only 1 ecs material, even if you put 3 ecs materials in the Lua file.

If you want 3 variants with 3 different materials, you need 3 different luas, each one with a different material in the Lua file:)

1 Like

I have 3 sections in the LUA. Each one is a unique part that uses the same meshes.

It works with the badges, towbars and lights so don’t understand why it shouldn’t work on a 1 piece fixture.

I’ve included the LUA file so you can see what I mean.

parts.lua (847 Bytes)

So today I’ve worked on these 4x4 addons…

9 Likes

Very nice.

I’m planning on doing the thumbs and then offering the pack as a download. Or I’ll add it to the workshop if people would rather I did that.

Does anyone know if there is a setting I can put in the LUA for negating a wing?

Lights and roofbars are classed as wings. They offer downforce…which they shouldn’t!

Would prefer the Workshop. Manual installs aren’t hard to do, but they’re not something people want to do for challenges.

These additions look great

This is the last question for this topic…

How do I do thumbnails?

I did a DDS file but it didn’t show up. Then I saw that people used PNG files…so converted it and it still doesn’t show.

Do I have to sacrifice a chicken at a satanic altar?

I use Steam Workshop so I would prefer the mods on there. Also could you classify them under the bonnet category? I know a cowl counts as no cooling or downforce so maybe you can classify them as hood cowls.

Watch the grill tutorial from about 00:45:00

1 Like