Operation Granny Mover Completed

Good question for @TR8R… I had just assumed the deadline wasn’t reached yet, but I see it has. The forum says @TR8R was recently on the forum as of this writing, so… :no_mouth:

Yeah, results should be up tomorrow night.

4 Likes

Granny - Not many cars to see dear. That’s a shame. Let’s get on with it then

@VicVictory
Granny – It’s a bit “bland” dear, but not overly unpleasant. I’ll take this one for a little drive.

….some time later………

It’s very nice to drive and also rather comfortable. It’s also incredibly quiet. But nobody really noticed me, or the car, which was a bit of a shame. The fuel thingy didn’t move a lot
What’s that dear? It has a 5 star safety rating, now that’s very nice to know. Lots of driver assistants apparently…are they like servants dear?

I’m pretty sure Ethel, Beryl and Doris will find it a treat to be driven in this.

I do like, the fact, that it has a simple(ish) wireless radio installed….you know how I am with new fangled technologyology.

The boot might cause a bit of an issue trying to get the shopping out.

Not a big fan of the roof window. It would have been a nicer if it was the same colour as the car so that it blended in, or not there at all.

@HighOctaneLove
Granny – The front of this looks like….a vision in blue. Not a “royal blue” but beautiful anyway. What’s that dear? They only have 1 colour…1 colour? Like that nice Mr Ford. We could have our first car, but only if it was black!
I’m going out for a bit….I may be some time.

….quite a while later……

That was a dream to drive and the fuel thingamajig hardly moved at all!
What’s the safety rating dear? Not 5 star, that is a shame.
The bridge club would love this. Only 4 seats so there is plenty of room.
Again another simple(ish) wireless radio so I don’t get too confused.
The boot is easy to access and not too big.
Another glass roof window. A colour coordinated one would have been nicer……none at all would have been the best idea.

@F17Francesco
Granny – The Italians have sent me a car to test? Is it the big “M”……or the “Prancing Donkey”? Is it behind the peach? Oh it IS the peach……
Well it’s not the most attractive thing I can think of but it does look to have a charm all of its own.
It feels quite comfortable in here…and it’s got a nice wireless radio that’s very easy to use.

I think I’ll take it out for a little drive.

As Granny starts the vehicle Bob appears
Engineer Bob (Head of engineering @ FOA) – This vehicle isn’t safe enough for the test to be conducted. I’m sorry Ma’am.
Granny – Oh dear……We’ll have to move on then I suppose. That was disappointing.

@DonCornaldie
Granny – Hmmm…it looks a bit angry dear. It has also got lots of holes in the front. Have they finished it? They have??
Excuse me dear but the side indicators are missing………oh, I see…….
I’ll take myself off for a drive then.

….a short while later…

Well, it’s very easy to drive and it’s also quite comfortable. I’m sure the ladies will enjoy the ride.
It does feel very large and a little scary.
What’s that dear? Oh, 5 star safety, well that’s very reassuring.
It’s got a very basic wireless radio so I won’t get too confused.
If I had a driver, like when my husband was alive, then this would have been a joy to own….apart from the front.

@Leedar
Granny – Well apart from the colour, which I dislike intensely, this car is beautiful. A darker colour, royal blue or dark grey, would have enhanced the looks greatly.
I must take this out for a drive.

……quite a while later……

Another very nice car to drive. It really was a pleasure although Bob says that it has 9 gears and yet I only seem to have used half of them. The fuel thingy hardly moved which was nice.
4 stars for safety? Well it’s not too bad, not the worst we’ve seen today.
4 seats so that everyone is comfortable and it has a simple-ish wireless system.
The boot is, again, easy to access and not big for me.

@Newtonmeter
Granny – This looked prestigious…and then I saw the big silver holes in….What’s that dear? Vents? Yes, the vents are a little wrong. The colour is rather garish and what happened to the back door handles? They appear to have slipped! Bob, what is DOHC and TURBO? Oh, I see, do I need big letters on the back of the car? OK, thank you dear.
I think I’ll take it out……

……a short while later….

It does drive very nicely and the seating is absolutely beautiful.
Huh? Only 3 safety stars you say. Well that’s a shame.
Plenty of room all around so no complaints from the passengers. This is the best feeling car I’ve been in so far.
Another simple-ish wireless receiver.
Boot is rather compact, which is ideal for my requirements.

@Leonardo9613
Granny – Oh, I must say……I don’t like the front at all. It looks very angry and whilst I used to like green on the racing cars I’m not a huge fan on civilian transport.
I’ll take it out for a quick drive.

….a short while later…….

It is easy to drive, as long as I don’t press these flappy things on the back of the steering wheel. That was a bit of a shock, I can tell you!
4 star safety, I was expecting more because of the size of it.
It’s comfortable but not the best I’ve been in today.
Very simple wireless system which is a good thing.
And finally the boot is quite spacious.

@Dorifto_Dorito
Granny – Well, isn’t this a quaint little car. It’s a little plain for my personal taste but it’s not overly bad. Dear….where are the side indicators? Excuse me dear but why are the handles fitted wrongly on the back doors? Oh, sliding back doors! What a novel idea. It would make it easier for the ladies to get out of the back.
I think that I’d like to test it.

…a short while later…

It’s not the most driveable of the cars, that I’ve tried today, but it’s better than my old VDP. It is a little sluggish to pull away though. But, then again, I’m not a racing driver!
3 star safety, you say? Well I shan’t be getting up to the speeds were I’m likely to be crashing! Haha….oh yes, someone might crash into me.
It is quite a comfortable ride although 2 seats, in the back, would have been better. (OOC - Yes, I know the body only has a 5 seat variant!)
Once again it has a simple-ish wireless again.
The boot is perfect for all of my needs.

Top 3

3rd place – Nohda Blues @Dorifto_Dorito – Shame about the engine and the front. Facelift and 50% more power could have taken the topspot. Not to mention a more modern base car.

2nd place – Boyd Regal @Leedar – Shame about the colour.

1st place – Bogliq Bastion Luxe @HighOctaneLove – Granny fell in love with the looks alone. The car didn’t come top in any of the scoring but was overall the best car. And one that Granny would be more than happy to own.

Granny – Are you sure that’s the ONLY shade of blue they do dear?

7 Likes

Dann totally forgot the damn color… Really thought i can make under the top 3.

I was going for that Champagne color that a lot of American luxo-barges sported over the years. Guess I failed. Lol

VTEC…wait i mean TVEC yo in the top 3! Woot!

She doesn’t like the colour? :expressionless: Congrats HighOctaneLove.

Woohoo, I won!!! :astonished:

Thanks @TR8R for running the competition, you provided me with a golden opportunity to test out some theories on engine building I’d been wanting to try. :sunglasses:

4 Likes