Part of engine outside of vehicle

First post here, I have read the rules and such so I hope i’m following all the guidelines etc.
Also I have not found a post reporting a similar issue or an indication that this is a known issue, please forgive me if it is :s

I have come across this issue twice in my fairly short time of playing Automation and in both cases I was using a BOXER engine.

during the creation of the vehicle nothing appears to be wrong visually.

However, as soon as i try to export the vehicle to BeamNG the parts appear outside of the vehicle as seen below. And yes, the parts also show up like this (Outside the vehicle) in BeamNG.

New users apparently can’t upload attachments so I can’t give you the car SaveFile, and only give you one picture,
But I hope this is of any use.

Kind regards, Matthijs.

Hmmm, partially out of curiosity… Does it behave like that in the photo mode too? Because I have a car in which one fixture looks ok in the editor, but bugs in the photo mode and the exporter/Beam itself. As if two separate ways of rendering were used and one could break some things.

I will tell you as soon as i figure out the controls in photo mode :smiley:!
I’ll look into it right now, expect a response in 6 minutes or so.

It’s there in Photo mode too.

Update:
I checked my other car, and in this case i can see a difference between photo mode and BeamNG share mode(?)

Here’s what it looks like in photo mode:

In the BeamNG version the engine part is located slightly lower and only partially outside of the car.

Ive had this same issue with boxer engines, it also exports to BeamNG like that.

Heyya!

Thanks for posting :slight_smile: that indeed is an issue on our ToDo list, it will be resolved for the next big update.
Cheers

1 Like