Partario's mods & stuff

This new coupe body is great for those who want to build an FR (front engine/rear drive) muscle car, grand tourer or supercar in the early-mid 90s; it can fit a large engine and can even be made pillarless. I still wish there were a convertible version of it, though…

The convertible version is definitely coming soon.

4 Likes

I’ll admit, the 90’s coupe is excellent for making an aerodynamic, powerful 2-door car. It fit an evolutionary gap I needed in my car company, and with a convertible top coming, it’d almost be perfect to have both versions.

As usual, I’ll happily use any of those you want to send to me :slight_smile:

I’m happy to share. I’ll send a bunch of stuff soon. :slight_smile:

The not-Vectra body is still under development, but I reckon it could form the basis of a contemporary rival to the E46 M3 and HSV GTS - after all, a big V8 would easily fit in its engine bay… If only it were also available as a 2-door coupe and 5-door estate, but I expect you to give us those choices as well. From the few pictures we have, though, it looks very promising…

Currently working on the sedan version’s morphing. Coupe, estate and hatchback body styles are definitely joining later.

@abg7 yes, there will definitely be potential for performance versions. The Vectra origins doesn’t mean it’s limited to boring family cars. I’d like this body to be as versatile as possible. We’ll see what comes out. :slight_smile:

Current progress:

8 Likes

As always I love your work and I don’t want to sound a nuisance but… can we expect the not-pinto-like sooner or later, or it was scrapped?

I wanted to finish it up the other day, but for some reason 3ds max destroyed all the morphs. I got fed up with it. Maybe some time later.

2 Likes

oh, such a pity :frowning:
Thanks for the reply.

On the other hand, the morph for the not-Pinto might actually turn out better by the time you get around to finishing it. And make sure to offer multiple body styles (coupe, saloon, hatch, wagon, etc.) for it!

Also, the first body you made for this game was released as an estate, saloon and even a three-door shooting brake, but never as a two-door coupe, although you might want to ask the devs to implement that last body style in the next build.

As for the not-Vectra body, how much progress have you made since you last mentioned it? This one has nearly limitless potential.

2 Likes

None whatsoever. :sweat: Been away from 3d modelling (and my PC in general). Will continue work when I get back to civilization.

5 Likes

Nice to hear that you have not abandoned your responsibilities, even after a long period away from home.

I didn’t know modding for free is a responsibility.

7 Likes

Dude…

I guess that was just a badly worded “welcome back” as opposed to trying to sound self important. It was well intentioned, I think.

3 Likes

I’m back at it. The not-quite-Vectra 4-door is almost done. Tried to make it as morphable as possible.

Obligatory test car photo: the 2003 Alameda SX

10 Likes

wait, i never knew you were doing a not-vectra, guess this means i can try to Rebuild my mom’s car now lol

EDIT: question, what’s the largest engine it can fit transversely? i know Malibu SS (same platform as vectra) had a 3.9 V6, so just wondering if this gets close.

2 Likes

On that note, what’s the largest engine that can be mounted longitudinally in this body?

Vectra B, this is the car than can put kid with ADHD to sleep