Home | Wiki | Discord | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

PDC 8 - In For The Long Haul

2 questions, by van, what sort of size do you mean,

and if you mean small - medium, could we use premium/95RON fuel, as its normal to run those sized vans on petrol

It’s UK based, and from my experience, most run on diesel if not all. By Medium vans, you mean LWB Transit sized, they’re Turbo Diesels, and I know some combo vans were diesel.

what i meant was more things like the transporter, berlingo and V-class, all of which where sold at that time with petrol engines, which i would assume would be popular for in-city deliveries

Don’t quote me here, but I believe those were the passenger variants, my Uncle has had both Transporter and Vito of this period, both were Diesel. I can’t say on the Berlingo/Kangoo though.

Imagine if the Scania mod body I comissioned had been ported to UE4.24.

Oh yes… the 90s Communism, would be very nice. I was gonna try and learn blender to do buses and commercial vehicles for Automation… but I couldn’t without paid plugins.

the vans of that era generally came in both diesel and petrol im pretty sure, the size im talking about at least

i think

From my experience they were diesels, but I assume some were, mainly passenger though.

i have seen both petrol and diesel versions irl of the v-class, and online with the others listed, i was just wondering cause it would make building a bit easier

Are we supposed to be making two vehicles? Or can we do just one?

Will the fleet vehicles ever be used off-road? If they are, and it happens often enough, off-road capabilities should be factored into the judging criteria.

You don’t have to make both, no. You can if you want, though.

And, no the closest they’ll come to off-road is a farmers track, or country road. This is the UK we’re talking about! The drivers would be too scared to get their boots dirty!

2003 TransCargo Vality

The TransCargo Vality is TransCargo’s latest compact van, perfect for all your light deliveries all around Britain (and even further).
It’s powered by a turbocharged 1.6L 4-cylinder capable of 116hp@5500rpm and 163Nm@4800rpm, which is paired with a 4-speed manual that transfers power to the front wheels.
The Vality is equipped with power steering, a cassette player, ABS and Traction Control.

But why should you buy the Vality?
-Because it has a top-level fuel economy (8.1L/100km, 12.35km/L, 29UKmpg)
-Because of TransCargo’s great reliability record
-Because TransCargo is a British/French company that gives Brits jobs (all TransCargo vans’ bodies are made in Cirencester, Gloucestershire)
-Because TransCargo has one of the best dealership/service networks in England, with a nationwide assistance program
-Because it costs just 8900£ (with a big enough order, The price will definitely drop, prices referring to 2003 infaltion values)
-Because it looks nice

TransCargo Commercial Vehicles, The best Anglo/French collaboration since Concorde

bit of aproblem, there isnt any good truck bodies for 4.24, theres only 1 and its not that good

Truck Bodies

If you can’t find the truck bodies, here’s some!

These can all be morphed, patchworked and designed how you want.

Remember that HGVs and other Commercial vehicles tend to be 5 or 10 years behind car design trends, so older bodies can work just as well.

i will point out you showed me, in order, a fire engine, a not particularly well made truck, a campervan, and a truck from 45 years before, not 5-10

Note that you can turn these bodies into something that looks futuristic, it was done with the “90’s” lorry cab body multiple times. just sort by truck and Van and go from there.

Also another question for @Fletchyboy100
Is there Trim and ET restrictions?

No PU & ET restrictions, no.

MEN MEGACRAP and MEN SUPERBVAN

For the small price of $4,500,000 (yes, you read that right) you have access to the two greatest utility vehicles ever made. Made specifically for fitting into the specific client’s needs, who apparently don’t care about things like safety or having a price cap.

Because, here at MEN, we cater to any and all client needs, even the seemingly ridiculous and not thought through very well.

When I said no price cap because Automation was unrealistic in its stats for HGV/Commercial vehicle price… I wasn’t expecting that :joy::joy: