[PDC] Political Design Challenge Rond 6: D.E.C.O.Y

For further information on safety just google ‘spanish barbecue’ or just look at the first image results of ‘1970 racing spain’. We want to avoid that.

But still though, is it the racing model or road version?

Does that mean “advanced 70s safety”? At any rate, I think it’s meant to simulate racing safety gear.

Yeah, something like that, precautions. You’re submitting the car, as it’s supposed to be raced, though.
Anyhow, we didn’t specify it specifically, but 70’ advanced it is. We won’t retroactively DQ anyone, but I specified it in the rules c:

I like how nobody noticed yet that the scoring doesn’t add up to 100%

3 Likes

lol was that done on purpose? Where does the extra ten percent go?

no clue, fixed it tho. apologies

I mean, aren’t you hosting this? Surely you made the rules

Aight, so can we try and keep this a bit more orderly from now on, we’ve had 32 messages in the thread so far. This ain’t no CSR, that’s a bit high… try and keep comments topical and relevant please.

4 Likes

The 1974 Knightwick Steed speed4 in road and race version

10 Likes

1974 Armor Grillo Cup Car

10 Likes

Bruh… I love this.

3 Likes

Since very few people know whether it’s a race car or a road car… here’s a road going version…

I present the Aanholt Vamos, a V6 RWD mildly schporty 70s thing.

7 Likes

I’m thinking it’s the road version based on how the post is written and the rules. Sports compound tyres are indeed road tyres so i would assume based on that, and the fact that he’s looking for a car for the masses that it’s actually a road car, with the consideration of it being used in the future for a racing series.

The post a few posts above says “your building the car as it’s supposed to be raced” so I took that and built the racing car

“Accessible for the common people” convinced me it was road going, and not racing. Also the example provided were road going, not racing…

I did ask twice to be fair lol. Could have done with the clarification

I understand that you would like a list of mods used. Is there an easy way to do that? Thx!

For the 1974 Rally Class, Monarch offers the Rookie P416 Rally Espana.

More of the Rookie

8 Likes

easiest for you is to post pictures of it, don’t worry, I’ll figure out the rest c;

We didn’t exactly specify the type of racing sport, given that the reqirements overlap strongly; the example cars both raced rally and track.
We’re confident though that the requirements like safety and steel construction force the cars to be street legal, though.

1 Like

Ya know what, that sounds like a fantastic idea

Well, I tried, but I couldn’t get it in under budget :upside_down_face:
It was pretty good for being 1600kg somehow

Back to the drawing board