[PDC] Political Design Challenge Rond 6: D.E.C.O.Y

WOW. i WON? This is a surprise. I wasnt expecting it to win AT ALL. I spent quite alot of time on it true but i was expecting its engine and dull looks to come under fire. Admittedly i chose the paint because it looks nice on the car if a bit awkward in the era.

Fair judging I think. Not sure where the costs came from either but I knew the car was solid. :thinking:

Correction : I will NOT be able to Host the Next Round Due to Personal Issues and My Obligations as a carer for my father, Therefore i Pass on the round to @GassTiresandOil Although I would be happy to assist him in the round in any way i can.

Top half, nice. I’m never very good at design so I’m not surprised that was a downside, and on the internals I seemed to deliver, even if what I delivered was more on the aggressively racy side. :wink:

Congratulations to everyone who came above me, and thank you to @Human89845524 for offering instant clarity on hosting ability. I’m excited to see what kind of challenge @GassTiresandOil produces with your help. :slight_smile:

IF @GassTiresandOil is amenable id like to collaborate with this. the main and pretty much the only thing i wont be able to do is the judging and results because busy. Since @Fletchyboy100 is the PDC creator, if he were to do it, he should have full control over it. if that were the case id enter it. (i do have a challenge written up i just need someone else to do the judging and all)

1 Like

Lol I think I’m in the same position you are. I have a challenge ready to go but I can’t host. I wouldn’t mind doing your challenge, though. But, I just can’t host right now. Would @Fletchyboy100 be able to do it?

I’ve other commitments at this time, so I’d have to pass it down to someone else, since I’m on mobile atm I can’t tag… :grimacing:

Next on the list is @Arn38fr.

Sorry, but I can’t. Holidays are finished. I will be too busy for the next weeks.

…so it’s fallen to me.

While I’ve not hosted anything before, I am willing and believe myself able, plus I have an idea.

Everyone’s got to have a first itme for hosting, and a couple of different people with hosting experience (including PDC founder @Fletchyboy100) have backed me up and answered some questions I had.

I will be spending the weekend getting as ready as I can ever be for a first-time attempt.

IF people are OK with me hosting PDC7, then I am ready to step up, with a thread ETA of Monday afternoon UTC/UK.

8 Likes

Yea! Sixth place. Moving up in these competitions…

wait, I’m kind of confused why the dq?

I get that it’s ugly, I kinda struggle with that body and gave up at some point,
but was there a rule against quality sliders?

I could have fixed it if you gave me a heads up

Min Max is banned across all challenges, but what level it’s banned at is up to the host, the limit is usually +5/-5 so I’m assuming you were over that.

I had a fairly simple engine with a bunch of ET left over that I dumped into the fuel system.

it was like +10, so just a bit over +5 lol

That’s… a lot of min-maxing. Like Exotics/Supercars get that kinda treatment

1 Like

I must say that the way it was ICly handled was magnificent. “Someone stole a German scientist to build the fuel system for him” :rofl:

Time to block that request, as you handed it down, and it has already been taken by someone else.

4 Likes

yea-Hup, I totally fudged this by actually making a Street car rather than a race ready one.
Also, I will gladly ship over some units for the drivers who would like a car of their own.

I honestly don’t know how I had that much ET left over to just dump that much into it

I think I had a 3cyl with an ohc with a su carb, so I guess that leaves a lot to just dump

it really didn’t need it, but I just thought I’d use the ET because I had a lot to spare