[PDC] Political Design Challenge Round 3 : French highway police

Next year, french governement need to change highway police car. You can propose your car but you need to respect some… details.

Regulations:
Year model 2020
3 to 5 doors hatchback or 4 doors sedan (no SUV but you can use a SUV body shape in Automation if you make your car look like a hatchback) / 4 places min
Maximum price : $38,000
Maximum service costs : $1,200
Fuel type : Premium - 95 RON
Maximum emissions trim : 40
Maximum loudness : 35
Minimum confort : 15
ABS, ESP & TC required (minimum)
Basic infotainment required
The car must be blue similar to cars example.

The style is not something very important. But it needs to be realistic and low-profile (avoid chrome).

You car wil be graded on safety (20%), Driveability (10%), reliability (10%), Fuel Economy (5%), style (5%), sportiness (10%) and time on Automation Test track (40%).

Naming:
Car: Model: PDC R3 [Username] Trim: [Car Name]
Engine: Family: PDC R3 [Username] Variant: [Engine Name]

Please PM me the car file. Tell me if you work on open beta or not.

Entries Will Open On Friday 13th December
They Will Close On Friday 20th December

Cars example

Power: 175hp - 0-100 km/h: 8s - Top speed : 227 km/h

Peugeot%20405%20T16%20gendarmerie

Power: 220hp - 0-100 km/h: 7,5s - Top speed : 231 km/h

Power: 167hp - 0-100 km/h: 7,8s - Top speed : 216 km/h

Power: 225hp - 0-100 km/h: 5,2s - Top speed : 260 km/h

Power: 275hp - 0-100 km/h: 6,3s - Top speed : 255 km/h

3 Likes

What kind of blue specifically? Does it have to be similar to the Extreme Blue of the Megane RS 250 shown in the picture?

Also, in Europe, 95 RON is the minimum standard for petrol, so I think that particular fuel type should be mandatory.

What kind of blue specifically? Does it have to be similar to the Extreme Blue of the Megane RS 250 shown in the picture?

Yes similar to car examples.

Also, in Europe, 95 RON is the minimum standard for petrol, so I think that particular fuel type should be mandatory.

You’re right. I modify.

Why is premium infortainment required? It would make more sense to just have a basic system, because usually its the police departments themselves that upfit the car with all the computers needed for police duty

is this on stable or open beta?

Why is premium infortainment required?

It was to simulate these computer. I modify but I reduce the price to $38,000.

is this on stable or open beta?

It does’nt mater. You just have to tell me if you use stable version or open beta when you send me file.

2020 Courageux Quinze SportSedan GT

2 Likes

Would a crossover count as an SUV?

Would a crossover count as an SUV?

Yes

Could I make a wagon?

2 Likes

As for mods, can we use the police light bars and other such accessories?

Also, did you mean ESC + LC, or ABS + TC? Or just plain ESC (since that comes with TC)?

gonna assume he just meant ESC, since thats commonly required in modern cars anyways

I’m finding a lot of trouble to get under 60 emissions, as having a pretty eco engine and sacrificing power for sake of emissions. I think a rise to about 80 or 90 would open the competition a lot.

I’m at 38.0 myself, with 80 horsepower per liter, and hovering around 40 MPG.

I’m at 28.7 with 88hp per litre, and I will say that an AlSi/AlSi engine really helps bring it down compared to cast.

No. But I said to @Fletchyboy100 that he can use a SUV body shape in Automation if he makes his car look like a hatchback.

Of course, you can.

20191214082708_1

You can use minimum ESC or ESC + LC in Automation menu. They both include ABS & TC.

Are you sur to look at the right place ? I ask becacause I made this mistake for CSR115 : I looked engine emission instead of trim emission.

This is NOT an SUV, I repeat, NOT an SUV!
Aanholt HW175, from the Dutch manufacturer, Aanholt, comes this marvel of engineering, with a combined cycle MPG of 45, and an Urban cycle MPG of 91, one thing’s for sure, if you’re in a pursuit you will outlast the suspect with your superior fuel economy!

That’s pre- fine tuning so it’s a bit better now with 24.6 trim emissions, and 6.07L/100km fuel economy combined.

1 Like

I’m not going to claim to be a good, or even decent Automation engineer or designer, but I pulled out all the stops for this challenge. I don’t fully understand design theory for the modern age, but I really did try all I could and I’m proud of what I created. I hope it suffices.

Presenting; The Marisse Logone 2.5 TT VTr Sedan & Break

The Marisse Logone has been applied for both the role of a Police car for urban environments and SAMU medical emergency services, and now it has been adapted as a highway pursuit vehicle. While still retaining some of the first-response features in the event of an accident.

Powered by a 3.0 liter twin-turbo V6, it brings enough power to the table to sit at 200 km/h comfortably (with a top speed of 250 km/h), while offering decent mileage for the power and volume of the car. Enhanced with aerodynamic cladding and sporty trim for better stability at speed and an aggressive look to match.

EDIT: Amended to upload the sedan version, but I left in the break version as eye candy.

2020 AHB Primen - GENDARMERIE 255M

More pics

Specifications
  • P31DiDO5 engine (3100cc Inline-5 turbo engine)
  • AWD XST system with viscous LSDs
  • 230/50R18 99Z tyres mounted with Aerollanta rims
  • 6-speed manual gearbox
  • 40.5MPG (US)
  • Emission rating: 27.4 (WLTP)
  • Weight: 1616 (55% Front/45% Rear)
  • MSRP: 33800$

Ratchet and clank, a single fine will break the bank

Made in Open Beta.

3 Likes

2020 SBA Gracelet - Pista Type One (Gendarmerie Proposal)

Accelerated your heart. The Gracelet Pista is one of a kind, the most hardcore FWD from the SBA’s line up derived from the actual WTTC car.