American Suburbs - 1971:
Every Friday and Saturday night, the local kids are pulling out their muscle cars to race on the street. Sure, it’s fun. But it’s also illegal, and they’re going to hurt themselves sooner or later.
Your local police department is looking for a new fleet of cars to help keep the streets safe!
- Vehicle and trim year set to 1971.
- 4 Door vehicles only, with minimum wheelbase of 102 inches.
- Full rear bench seat (no +3) and front seats for at least 2 officers required.
- At least Basic AM Radio required.
- Wheel size of 15 inches max.
- No sport compound or semi-slick compound tires allowed.
- Vehicle must perform 0-60 (62) mph in 8.0 seconds or quicker.
- Vehicle must reach at least 120 mph top speed (both performance stats found in the Testing Screen on the Test Track tab).
- Total vehicle price cannot exceed $20,000.
- Max PU- 40
- Max ET- 100
- Must run on Regular Leaded (92 RON)
- Must have at least 1 muffler
- No race or limited-production parts
- Drivability - 20%
- Comfort - 20%
- Practicality - 10%
- Economy - 10%
- Reliability - 30%
- Design - 10%
*The design portion is subjective, of course. I will be scoring them on a scale of 10. Police liveries are not necessary, but welcome. I have most mods that would be relevant for this, but if you use any just let me know which ones in case I don’t have it. Basically, I’m looking for a well thought-out late '60’s to early '70’s design. I’m also somewhat of a minimalist, so just loading the vehicle with fixtures isn’t necessarily going to impress me. They should mean something…
Will be decided by 1/4 mile time, because… irony.
HOW TO ENTER:
PM me your .car file with the following naming format:
PDC5-Username / Trim
PDC5-Username / Variant
I will open submissions on Wednesday, January 29th at 8:00 am EST. No re-submissions, please. Submissions will close on Friday, February 7th at 10:00 pm EST. Anyone with questions about the rules please ask before open so I can amend them if need be. Thanks to @Fletchyboy100 for allowing me to host, and Good Luck!