Performance Tuner Drift Series [Pre-season tests finished]

Sequential is disallowed. Turbocharging is allowed

1 Like

1000+bhp builds are increasingly becoming the norm on the competitive drift circuit. Given our limitations here, such a thing would not be recommended unless you want to outcrash John :joy:

HEY! therā€™s a chance i wonā€™t crash

Thereā€™s also a chance you will crash :wink:

Thereā€™s a crash you will chance

1 Like

but i do believe i have the most powah and wheelspin. so i win in one way, at least

Yesā€¦ you probably believe that

Also, hereā€™s an update on how this competition is going to go down, and why you have not heard yet if your cars have been accepted.

1. Good news, all your cars have been accepted
  2. Bad news, we are not having the championship straight away, weā€™re having a warmup event first.

After the warmup event will be finished you will all get your results ALONG with info on what worked in your car and what hasnā€™t AND along with the info on what in your car passes inspection and what does not. At that point you will have a some amount of time to fix the issues with the car and entry into the championship will commence. I am also quite busy with the cars IRL (I bought a beater, and still building a bimmer plus studies for work are getting in the way of stuff), so I will judge this while at work (at sea, I bought a good Laptop that will run automation without a problem) and post it as soon as Iā€™ll have the internet conncetion.

3 Likes

*from what has been posted here.

i have no doubt someoneā€™s made a 1000hp thing that has 2 drivability and 125% optimism

3 Likes

Just a bit of a teaser on whatā€™s happening ATM.

10 Likes

Just an update on the things.
I am removing the permacrash option on 2 reasons, 1, iā€™ve got 3 destroyed cars here (unlucky) and it could seriously mess up one of the races, by leaving us with half the field out of running after first qualifying runs.
Also among the reasons is thereā€™s so many formulas involved in this that Iā€™ve managed to make it work for the qualifying, but I doubt Iā€™d be able to run this in the tandem battles, with all the things to keep track of.

Also the +20% to the score modifier has been nerfed to +10%, since we had a few of those too, and itā€™s too easy to run in front of all the field on luck alone with how tightly some of the cars are packed score wise.

These things make me glad I decided on a warmup race, also the fact that some of you are running AWD cars with 5% wheelspin

9 Likes

Oh, please tell me I remembered to switch to RWDā€¦ Itā€™d be just like me to make an oops like that.

That said, glad to see perma-crash go, even though it could have been interesting, but bad luck can strike all too easily and trash your chances. Also not too upset to see 20% get dropped to 10% for a skillful save, because, just like the perma-crash, it could kick in and ruin everyone elseā€™s chances.

I thank you for running a warm-up race before starting the whole mess, though, because itā€™s doing two things:

1: Itā€™s allowing you to refine the challenge before it really starts to count, andā€¦

2: Itā€™s letting us see the results of this in action without the massive nail-biting worry if the carā€™s doing good or notā€¦ yet.

Edit: And on second thought, now that Iā€™ve heard that news, Iā€™m really glad I decided to throw away 200+ kg of safety shit in favor of being lighter and faster.

1 Like

@Madrias: It could be me, doing the same thingā€¦ :expressionless: Hopefully we get a heads up from squid before the real contest :wink: Drifting with AWD and that amount of grip seems hard.

And i am very happy seeing the perma-crash go, even tho it was a good scare to begin with (and making most of us make cars with at least some amount of driveability) and having just 10% added is still plenty for a good save. Good to see that you are taking you time with this and making it an even smoother competition.

@squidhead: I submitted a car w 2 trims, one standard with the naming rules and one driftworhy, so i might have jumbled them.

1 Like

Is warmup event going to be this weekend?

Yep, as soon as I sleep off this hangover.

6 Likes

Ok, practice runs and qualifying runs are done, as well as technical inspections. Iā€™ve allowed all the cars to run, even illegal ones. At this moment we got a choice of whether we let the first two qualifiers pass into top8 without battling in top16, or we just arrange top 8 instead, since there arenā€™t 16 cars in the grid.

Also I am glad Iā€™ve decided to go for a pre-season test, I need to improve the car drastically.
What I AM surprised about is that some of you are running RWD converted AWD cars and you still haul around the transfer case, just switching the car to 0/100 split. Also some of you are way below on the required fuel, or the tire width that you could run. Some people did not even remove the extra seats that were in the car, a ton of you are running exhausts, and just a hintā€¦ the highest entry speed I managed to record was under 140kph, so think about that 350+ kph gearing :smiley:

4 Likes

Will you accept any further entries after this run? How many cars do you have in the grid?

I have my big exam tomorrow, I had something waiting but itā€™s largely unoptimised (but hey could still run). Can send on Tuesday if desired, but Iā€™m not fussed.

At this point 14 teams have entered, and I will accept further entries. Also I am already seeing a few ballancing issues that will have to be addressed in the next championship.

It seems I have a non standard vent on my car. PlebVent02 at 326.6KJ/s from waay back when before there were heaps of mods on Steam (Forum community modpack). Is there a way to fix this (eg request ANOTHER resub, request a substitute) or do I withdraw from the competition?
Edit:

Iā€™m surprised by my car doing so well, since I was sure platform (engine) isnt idealā€¦ and worried I donā€™t know how to further improve (without destorying drivability)
Looking forward for the real deal tho :slight_smile: if we cannot get into pairs, top few getting into next rouds without battles seems fair :thumbsup:

1 Like