Performance Tuner Drift Series [Pre-season tests finished]

Are you using the KHT modded engine or the Sto.ooooo…ORIGINAL one from the OEM performance model of the Kn…KAR… Car, yes. Car.

3 Likes

Never had the KHT version. Using the hot one.

Can anyone suggest a car for me to use? I’m clueless atm

Well, Ram, up top, there’s a list of a few cars you could give a good try with. You want my advice, take the Knight and either run with the 2.6L I4, or… Engine swap it and find the limits of the poor beast.

But that’s just my advice, and I’m sure you could probably find a more fun car to turn into a drift machine.

1 Like

Ah shite I should have kept up with the updates in the OP and post 2, my bad.

@squidhead

Now that I’m actually awake enough to do my engine tuning, are we allowed to install race intakes and remove the catalytic converter? Also, do we need to keep a muffler on these drift cars, or are we free to be loud?

1 Like

You can change the intake and exhaust any way you see fit.

2 Likes

Scarab Orange X (Flare S '00 in stock trim)

The looks are there, now it’s just the tuning part left to do sigh :smile:

4 Likes

The DSDR tuned 2003 Saratoga

4 Likes

Awh you went and used it! I was gonna go for it too!

Hmm. Should I also enter one, or should I enter a rival car in the Phaedra Indy, as presented in Sillyworld’s Fruinian muscle car challenge…

Question… does a ‘pre-tuned’ car count as a ‘stock’ car?

like. i have modified some cars with my KSR division, so it’s already tuned up. does that count as stock?

Hmmm i can change i havnt spent any time on it yet. Anyone got something to offer me?

Search the Open Source Car Thread :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s where I found what I want to use.

You have no idea how much I’d want to use the 2007 one, the last one to use the 2.6, because of the lack of Direct Injection on the 96 version. But I made my choice and I’m sticking with it.

Everyone else will just have to enjoy the loud exhaust.

Still kinda tuning it, but I think the color fits it.

I mean, I’d also be tempted to try a 2004 Surge 4XR, but again, I made my choice, I’m sticking to it.

3 Likes

Thank You Open Source Car Thread.

You have graced me with a GT86

Or what could pass for one.

“Toyota” GTC Concept. Drift Ninja Edition.

@rk38 I did sweet FA to the outside :stuck_out_tongue:
6 Likes

Oh shit, you’ve just reminded me that technically, any car in the CSR thread that qualifies is fair game as a potential candidate.

5 Likes

no, it doesn’t

@Madrias yeah, totally not a storm… it’s completely different :smiley: LIAR

1 Like

Wasn’t lying. That color blue was never used on the Knights, was introduced with the Surge.

Although I was tempted to try making a drift missile out of the Surge Hybrid, it’s just not practical. I’d have to change too much about the car. And while I was tempted to use the 2007 Knight for the direct-injected 2.6, but I stuck with the 1996 version I’d planned to use. I think I made it look wild enough.

As for power… I got a surprising amount out of the MP-EFI system, but I’m still in the mid-triple digit range.

1 Like

4 Likes

Yeah, but I never had the download for it. Plus, the GT-4T was the version I was going to work with to make my car either way.