Performance Tuner Drift Series [Pre-season tests finished]

who would swap a V8 for a I6? JHW would.

4 Likes

Soā€¦ does this mean Iā€™m doing the RADICAL THINKING by pretty much LS swapping?

1 Like

Iā€™m keeping the stock engine. As much as I wish I had Direct Injection, Iā€™m confident in the amount of power I wrangled out of the MP-EFI 2.6L I4.

Even the base 5.6 makes 441hp stock, how is it allowed? Or am I missing something?

Fixed

3 Likes

We are allowed exterior modifications right?

I hope so, it doesnā€™t say anything about it in the rules. My stock car doesnā€™t look anything like the Orange X, anyways :wink:

And @squidhead Are we allowed to change wings and aero undertray as long as the sliders stay on 0?

1 Like

Yes, you are to both your questions

3 Likes

well, my car made less than 400 stock, but my tune makes 680. iā€™m guessing thats allowed?

Thatā€™s the point of the challenge, so, yes itā€™s allowed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes it is. No limit on competition spec power output. Unless you all start crashing out massively, and iā€™ll have to introduce a limit for the next season.

Regarding the safety quality slider, we can use as much of that as we want, either direction, as long as we meet the 50 safety minimum requirement, right?

Yep, all I need is 50 safety

My entryā€¦

Enthusia repossessed the drift spec Dimension Rift driven by The Showdown King Ryo Watanabe after he lost his title to Ryan Cooper at the Super Promotion Showdown some years back. Repainted in stock colors, this RWD converted Rift runs a final drift event before being dismantled for parts.

7 Likes

I dunno, sure he won, but he did NOT look good behind the wheel. I literally pained me to see him drive. Ā©

1 Like

So what kind of drivabilities are people getting? I know this is part of the figuring it out phaseā€¦ So far Iā€™ve started with very light builds pushing ratios of maybe 350-450bhp:ton, and used short ratios to generate wheelspins of up to 50%, so not surprisingly drivability is somewhere around the 5-10 Mark :joy:

I have 25. The RWD lock really killed it. I bet if I ran a real RWD car with the same amount of power it wouldnā€™t be as horrendous.

Ouch! Running ā€¦ more than that

My lolz build, before tuning yet, has something around 20, I think?

Like deskyx I feel that 25 is a decent drivability to shoot for. That would probably be the domain of larger cars. Iā€™m going to see if the circle test is affected at all but I suspect not.