Performance Tuner Drift Series [Pre-season tests finished]

These are the kind of figures that are more along the lines of what one should shoot for.

That is, if you’re using sport tyres. If you’re using semi-slicks, you will likely score better with judge 1 but have lower wheelspin and drivability figures.

I don’t know how the tyre degradation system will work to differentiate scores from judge 2, 3.

Yeah, i though it might… thats why i try to keep 25 driveability and up the wheelspin… 40 doesn’t seem enough… Aiming for 50 at least, with slicks

Going to sports will also hurt braking and lateral G…so I’m puling numbers above on slicks.

Will compound affect degradation?

EDIT: will the math behind degradation be a race surprise or will we get to know the mechanics before submitting?

I’m guessing the answer is no, since that’s what it says in the OP, but - if the car cannot get 50 safety with +15 Advanced, can you put +3 quality into Interior or are you doomed?

Edit: Also I’m assuming you can’t change chassis material, but can change panels?

That just means the car is not eligible, sorry. No ladder frame 1940’s designs

Yes, the compound will affect degradation, as well as number of runs your car makes, the amount of wheelspin and weather too.

It will be based on removing quality from the wheels section, I can post exact maths behind the logic if you want.

ALSO, this probably should be stated beforehand

#This competition will not be as fast judged as the previous ones by me. You will also have ability of changing setups between races (just setups, similar to PTTA rules) and will have time to do so.

BTW if anybody knows how I can stop updates to the game on steam, I’d be very much happy about it. I can then freeze the Automation version on my laptop to run the competition while the game undergoes changes (I.E, UE jump happens mid-competition).

4 Likes

It’s my SoF car from 1983 actually. It’s very close, so I can probably get it there with other methods, but they will be heavier.

Well did you update the trim to 2016?

I did, but for some reason going from +0 to +15 Advanced makes less than 6 points of difference.

No matter though, I got there. 612hp and 1500+kg. Completely surrounded by airbags, the driver is. Probably has to hold one in his lap while driving because there’s no more surfaces to put them in.

5 Likes

I think if you go to preferences on steam for automation, theres a list that lets you uncheck for updates. I might be wrong though.

1 Like

That’s not the update he’s talking about mate :laughing:

It is. Read his previous post.

Too few pictures of cool driftcars in this post :wink:

Updated looks and (probably) finalized the tuning

500+ HP, 27 driveability and 40+% wheelspin for now.

10 Likes

love the 100mph tape holding the bumpers on

1 Like

I didn’t see a response to this in the thread, though I may have missed it. There’s some pretty serious rebuilding going on elsewhere in the car, so can I change the chassis material to represent stiffening done during the doriftu conversion?

Also, I wouldn’t expect anyone to be able to add VVT to an engine aftermarket, or is this allowed via suspension of disbelief?

I know I’m grasping at straws here, but I have a 1.5 ton tank on teeny 245 bicycle tires and I’m trying to get it into the mid-pack at least. The existing build sets… limitations…

For example, relating to engine size.

Race exhausts just do not fit. By the looks of it, a piece of paper between the valve covers and wheel well would also have some resistance going in.

6 Likes

Snug fit :slight_smile: And Scarab Racing Blue, me like :smiley:

And 245’s must smoke a lot w 612 hp, so why change them out, grip is overrated :wink:

Nope, also same to VVT, but I will allow it if you’re a noob who can’t tune an engine without investing millions of dollars into development of custom vvt systems. :wink:

To build a car that will see the top 3 only if you throw the lineup upside down. Srsly, 1.5 tons, 245’s, just start with another car. I’m running close to 365 slicks on 1200kilos, and I know I’m not the only one. If you want to know how well the limitations of the body work - ask szafirowy about his PTTA entry.

I’d call it Howler Blue considering how many of those I’ve painted this, but I don’t mind having some overlap in the naming :slight_smile:

Track time being judged, the 245s are a bit of a liability.

Only reason I asked was because the rules post didn’t say anything about those two and usually what isn’t disallowed is allowed. :wink: The VVT would just give a tiny bit of midrange torque which is barely worth the extra weight.

I’ve won enough challenges that I don’t necessarily try to win every one any more. This isn’t a criticism of the challenge - I think it’s an excellent ruleset, but it’d be much more fun for me to be midpack with something of my own rather than winning it with someone else’s car that I tarted up. The only offerings from that time period I have are this SOF car, the ARTC wagon, hyper-economical little Gnoos which wouldn’t fit a decent engine and then the rest is all over 1000hp.

In theory, could I lift the engine from this into my ARTC car since both of them are technically legal?

4 Likes

I think you’ve missed the main reason why vans are banned. But at least those were easily legal. Yours can’t even pass legality checks, so the car will just waste my time every time, considering I will have to spend a ton of time on each competitor, I’m not in favour of an idea of wasting an hour of my life on a car that was built with “eh, I don’t care, it’s mid field filler material at best” mindset. Also the swap list is provided in 2nd post. There is enough leeway in the ruleset for you to build a DTM racecar, but you just don’t want to let go of a chassis that will not make you competetive. Select a different car

3 Likes

Can I remove VVT? Originally it’s all cams, I want it intake only (not sure it makes sense) but without would be ok-ish as well[quote=“HowlerAutomotive, post:156, topic:19608”]
but can change panels?

I didn’t see a response to this in the thread, though I may have missed it
[/quote]

I’m still not sure what is the answer here?

Let’s say theoretically, I manage to go beyond 30 points from one judge, example 35. Is first the RNG penalty applied and then cut down to 30, or first cut down to 30 and then RNG penalty applied?