Performance tuner Time attack 1995

Well, I’m also not the luckiest person, having a 104 and a 105 mistake in the first two events. I’m really hoping not to go 0 points through the season :smiley:

I was looking at the spreadsheet going “HOW THE HELL DID THAT SONUVA***** GET 50 DRIVABILITY ON SLICKS” :joy:

1 Like

“What happened?! Why you went of track?”
“Well, do you remember the team tagline, ‘Go hard or go home’?”
“Yeah, so what?”
“So, we almost went home.”

3 Likes

I just checked my car again because the lap times on my end are a little different, even factoring in the mistake chance. My car is all sorts of screwy. Somehow my double wishbones on the front got turned into McPherson Struts and my suspension tuning is wacky. I didn’t expect to win, but I’m not sure how this stuff happened. I’ll just roll with it.

(if I could have switched to McPherson on purpose, I could have fitted turbos.)

So… that is what my Airfield benchmark was best for. Also those laptimes are beating most supercars of 2016, and we’re doing it in 1995, so good job everyone.

2 Likes

My setup was made is this track, now I just need to pray for a nice weather and the driver just need to do his work.

1 Like

“Coming in for a gearbox!”
“What!? You mean a belt change?”
“Nope. She’s stuck in third!”
“Okay, bring it in!”

“Hey, guys, we’ve got a gearbox to swap. Remember how we trained for this back in the shop? Time to do it for real.”
“Wait, so we’re going to use the chains and tow points and the…”
“And the forklift. We’re not allowed to have it over the pit wall, but we’ve reinforced the forks, so she’ll be able to lift the van. Let’s make the other teams squirm at how fast we can change a transmission.”

7 Likes

Meanwhile, in the Erin garage, much tinkering was occurring. The team had realised they didn’t stand a chance of ever making it past the 110% cut off point, let alone make any points, so they had decided to take the time to practice the art of tinkering.

4 Likes

“Terry, we may have a wing on the bonnet, but we are the top FWD car”

“Yeah, but that’s kinda like saying you have Hepatitis A, rather than Hepatitis C”

11 Likes

i’m not sure if I need to retune my car… :wink:

3 Likes

I probably could gain time with a retune (i dont think i ever tuned my car for track time) but i dont have the time to do so.

Please do it.

And do it wrong :wink:

4 Likes

It seems like the retune did something, at least, as we are below 1:34, but the Dom is out of reach as always… Back to the Pits and see what, if anything, could be done to make the Eruption even faster…

Oh, I know I can’t retune to be any faster, really.

Oh how the mighty have fallen :smiley:

2 Likes

Next time, I’ll bring some serious pain to the party. No more jokes.

2 Likes

Me too. No more old, poor builds :smiling_imp: I’ll race something serious, even if it won’t be made by me.

2 Likes

Shhyeeeet :grin: Maybe a revamp should be done…but I have absolutely no time for that so fingers crossed.

3 Likes

The next Time Attack monster will be made by Gamma, if it have a car that can fit the rules at the time. If it don’t, them will probably be another Storm, I loved this brand.

2 Likes

I’m barely scraping by this time, think I’ll have even less time for next round…