Popular automobile † [DEAD]

What does one have to do in order to have one of their cars featured in this magazine?

1. Make a car.

2. If it is good, PM the exported file to Sillyworld.

3. Wait for review.

I don’t think he is accepting any cars until he gets the first reviews done. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Oskiinus”]What review is next? I hope for unleaded fun :smiley:
BTW. Mercury is mid-engined, front shaker vent is used to cool the cabin in summer.[/quote]

Next one is thecarlover’s Jetstream in the close encounters section, but I’ll be away from my pc a while, so I’ll post it tomorrow.

[quote=“Speedemon”]

1. Make a car.

3. Wait for review.

I don’t think he is accepting any cars until he gets the first reviews done. :slight_smile:[/quote]

It doesn’t have to be * good*, but it has to be from the specified era (in this case 70s).

[quote=“Sillyworld”]

[quote=“Oskiinus”]What review is next? I hope for unleaded fun :smiley:
BTW. Mercury is mid-engined, front shaker vent is used to cool the cabin in summer.[/quote]

Next one is thecarlover’s Jetstream in the close encounters section, but I’ll be away from my pc a while, so I’ll post it tomorrow.

1. Make a car.

3. Wait for review.

I don’t think he is accepting any cars until he gets the first reviews done. :slight_smile:

It doesn’t have to be * good*, but it has to be from the specified era (in this case 70s).[/quote]

Does it have to be made in the 70s or can it be something made in 1969 and produced until 1975?

The in-depth reviews are exclusively for cars selled from 1970 to 1979. The close encounters section is for concept or future cars up to 1984. And I’m planning on doing an special review per issue for cars that don’t especifically fit into those categories, or cars with an especial history or that are benchmarks for the history of a company, in this issue I’ll review the communitasia. So, yeah, I guess that car could fit into that special category.

Time for the new review, this time, is the thecarlover’s Jetstream, for the close encounters section.
Now, I will also place ads in the magazine, because I need something to fit the extra espace :laughing: so feel free to send me a pm with an ad.
For this review (since I’m to lazy to create an ad) I placed an Evgenis add I saw in cheeseman thread, I hope it won’t be a problem, tho :blush: :blush:

That looks great :smiley: It’s true that while the original Jetstream was a sporty family sedan, this one is more sleek than powerful. Which is why within 1 year of production a turbocharged model was introduced for improved performance (but the concept is before all that).

Pretty awesome work both on text and those photoshops. Nice

Great work as usual! I like how you also analyze the purpose of the car and not simply cold performance figures.

Next review is up!
1977 KHT Keimola
By the way, I changed a little bit the value/cost calculations, and updated the first review. Also I forgot to specify that all the numbers and figures are from the current stable build.

Kraft Haus Technick viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8275
Camoria automotive viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4197

Looks cool! Can’t wait for more reviews, and magazines :smiley:

Oh GOD them popups, them louvres, and dat engine view! :smiley: Yeah, that review sounds about right, although I did expect it to burn down or throw a rod mid testing. :sunglasses: The car is a disaster made with good intentions :smiley: Good read and cool photoshops. I didn’t bother much making my company thread presentation of the thing look cool, but you made it look at least desirable for a bedroom poster

Also you’re getting seriously good at photoshops, nice!

I don’t feel like I’m getting better at it, but definitely I’m getting faster!

Next will be the comparision between the Mercury, the Combat and the Comprida!

youtube.com/watch?v=f40aulY2oTU

Hype!

A car with worse fuel economy then mine!?

BLASPHEMY!

[quote=“Vri404”]A car with worse fuel economy then mine!?

BLASPHEMY![/quote]

Mine also has a tendency to explode or at least get engulfed in flames on a random basis. So yeah, my Keimola is totally cooler than your cars :smiley:

BLASPHEMY![/quote]

It’s hard to make a car that is worse than yours XDD

[quote=“Oskiinus”]

BLASPHEMY![/quote]

It’s hard to make a car that is worse than yours XDD[/quote]

I somewhat pride myself with making shitty cars. I’ve probably collected as many wooden spoons as Bogliq by now :stuck_out_tongue:

I love the design and layouts of your magazine. Excellent work!