Put simply, a question of years... yours

Model year 1988 here.

1 Like

I’m 29 now… my “half-birthday” is Saturday.

I’m 61 in Automation years! :wink:

When I have kids I will tell them all about cars, so they grew up being enthusiasts as well.

When I was 8 (or so) I spend hours tuning cars in Gran Turismo 2.

Ditto!

And that lead into Gran Turismo 4 with its massive content and many muscle cars.

Same. It’s the only PS2 game that I really play anymore.

Playstation wasn’t a thing when i was 8. I got a playstation when i was in my 20s though…they were brand new back then. :wink:

1 Like

I was 2 when the PS2 came out. My dad had one. I first learned to play video games from watching him.

I got a PS2 in 2012. Does that count?

1 Like

My 1st games console was a grandstand TV 2000
It played a pong clone in glorious black and white
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

A Pong clone? Mate, you’re behind the times. My first game console was a Pegasus, THE Famiclone of Polish kids in the 90s (well, it’s very late 90s for me).

I also got a PS2 in 2012, so I could play Guitar Hero on it… too bad the controller I got with it was kind of on the blink…

i got a ps2 as a gift, first game i played on it as a 6 year old…Max Payne LEL

If you really want to play that… look up the Sheen console, circa…bronze age, I think

this quickly turned into console nostalgia thread.

that said, i was kinda lucky my uncle bought a whole set of psx and it’s accessories when i was… maybe 6-7yo?

the ps itself, a controller extender, 6 joystick i think? then bought 2 more. boy the 8 player CTR seems way too long ago. a ‘laser gun’ and the kick pedal, a steering wheel set. the ‘dance pad’ and was it like 4 memory cards that quickly turned into maybe 16 that is lost everywhere.

but i only got to play when i stayed over, which i did maybe once or twice a year back then.

the most memorable games to me

• gran turismo series(played the 2nd first, and the first one, then the 3rd, and 4th)
  • CTR and chocobo racing alike
  • final fantasy, which because i was maybe 10-11 i can’t read shit, haven’t learned english yet
  • a small game called the ‘driver’
  • need for speed porsche unleashed on PS1 played with the steering wheel
  • some sort of that the ‘dance dance revolution’ game with 2 dance pads.
  • BISHI BASHI !!! (the extreme controller destroyer evolved)

then came the PS2. that was a whole different memories

A small game called Driver, heh. I guess it was back then, one of the first things I played on the PS1.

My uncle also had a pretty mega collection of PS1 stuff back when it came out, I used to play his old abandoned stuff like his old Pong clone, Atari 2600 and then mostly the Mega Drive.

Occassionally got short goes on the PS1 on Demo One or Tekken, and remember watching him play things like Doom. Then one day when I was 5 or 6 he was playing a little unheard of game called Gran Turismo… all went downhill from there, haha. Got my own shortly before the release of GT2 and I’ve been a die hard PlayStation nutter since (I do collect others though!).

First video game console we owned, in the late 70s. :wink:

I had a Commodore 64, then the almighty Pegasus.

Later the PS1…Gran Turismo and Spyro 2 were my 1st games (Spyro 2 was my 1irst game that I’ve completed 100%). Then GT2, Tekken 3 and Spyro 3. And my last console is PS2 with GT3 & 4, Tekken 5 and some WWE games.

This was my first console

Sega, huh…

I see your Sega and raise you a sinclair ZX Spectrum