Questions about exporting cars as .obj or other file types/animating in photo mode?

Is the game, or possibly even the Unreal version of it, capable or could be capable of exporting a user-created vehicle, with at least the morphs or even fixtures intact? Possibly the car’s wheels or chassis?

This has been asked before, but I want to know from the devs if they think this could be easier to do with Unreal.

Being able to export our cars from the game into something like Blender could allow us to animate them driving around for promotional material or previews, and we’d just have to do some rigging on our part.

I understand that I’ve been suggesting outlandish or pointless things recently, and I know that the devs have a tall order to fill before anything else is added, but I’m not saying that this is something we need right now.

A good alternative to this would be adding a feature to the previously featured photo mode to animate our cars as well as taking pictures of them.

So, you could just have a key-frame system to move the car and camera to places, as well as changing parameters like time of day, possibly a focus/depth of field effect, etc.

However, it would be a huge headache to implement turning and actually spinning the car’s wheels, as cars in Automation are obviously not rigged by default.

There are alternatives to rigging the car to achieve this, but they’re as or possibly even more complicated as rigging.

To conclude - are either of these proposals even close to something possible?

1 Like

With the BeamNG exporter you already get all the models and information needed, just in a BeamNG format. I’ll look into it, maybe I can write something little to convert the exported BeamNG file to obj or similar. But don’t expect too much :smiley:

EDIT: But beforehand I’d like to know if the developers are okay with exporting their models, because it is their property, of course.

You can do exporting the car to beamng.

@Danksa you can do if you don’t obtain economical profit, I think.