Quezon Motors Corporation [OUTDATED]

Oh boy, would you look at that! Politics!

Well, not really probably because its against forum rules and most of the stuff i’ve written is fiction, but I’ve revamped the third-generation Laguna along with its lore to make it spicier. Have fun reading thanks

4 Likes

That’s more like it. Remaking the 80s Laguna with a different body has done wonders for its aesthetics.

It’s a pity, though, that the turbocharged, carbureted version of the Iron Duke four used in the earlier examples was so unreliable that it led to the company’s bankruptcy - and the naturally aspirated V8 found in later examples couldn’t even crack the 200-bhp barrier at a time when similar V8s in GM F-bodies and Ford Fox-body Mustangs were about to do the same.

If Quezon had not collapsed by 1988, who knows? The Laguna could have gained another power boost to keep pace with its rivals, and may even have received an accompanying exterior facelift - but it was not to be.

1 Like

So uhh hello i updated the Laguna and the Cordova so they look hip and fresh and not vomit. Included in the car update is refreshed formatting so uh yeah

I’m planning to update the rest of the thread to match the new aesthetic so uh stay tuned uwu

‘uh’ count: 3

10 Likes

tales of a man who can’t be assed to wait until November for the LA Auto Show

Laguna and Cordova

Refreshed for 2021

New design language for 2021 unveiled.

This bodystyle has been held off for too long.

Since its debut, the desire for a Cordova sedan has been there.
And so, here we are. The coupe still exists, of course.

Hail to the King.

In a twist of irony, the Laguna is now back as a coupe.
And of course, the sedan is still available.

*Vehicle to be available for purchase 2021, specifications are not final and will likely be subject to change. To be updated on when the new Laguna and Cordova officially arrive, contact your local Quezon dealer or subscribe to our newsletter.
11 Likes

Quezon reports loss of $220 Million amidst pandemic, announces discontinuation of Princesa Coupe-GT, laying off over 5,000 employees, and the shutting down of the Rizal Assembly Plant

BY GIEUSEPPE JERALDI | 8/29/20

In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic where every country in the world has been hit hard, it’s no surprise that automakers have begun doing rapid changes within the way they’re being run.
Even worse for countries like the Philippines, where constant layoffs, lack of a proper food supply, an increasing number of cases and where constant community lockdowns have been going on and ravaging the island nation.

As all this had begun to unfold around the Philippine giant, Quezon Motors has announced the discontinuation of its fairly recent Princesa Coupe-GT grand tourer following slowing sales amidst the pandemic and rising operating costs of keeping its assembly plant running as all this is happening.

Quezon reported a loss of over 1.07B PHP, or over $221 Million Dollars in operation costs keeping the plant afloat as sales of the only car being built there dwindled, and without any local government aid it is likely that Quezon will have to make all of this back themselves.

Thus, Quezon has announced that the Princesa Coupe-GT will officially be discontinued following the 2020 model year, and subsequently the shutting down of the Rizal Assembly Plant in Antipolo City run by over 5,000 Filipino and other overseas employees working at the plant to assemble the exotic tourer.

Sales figures for the Coupe-GT were never particularly strong, with Quezon themselves reporting sales of just over 100 cars every year. These low sales figures however, actually exceeded the company’s expectations, as they originally had only planned on selling at least 50 a year. But amidst the pandemic and the very likely chance of a future global recession, the Coupe-GT’s sales dwindled down from the past six months to less than 20 models sold worldwide.

Luckily for the company however, history is likely not to repeat itself, as with the announcement of the new Sierra Madre, and a proposed facelift for the Custom Built SUV lineup, Quezon is expected to make back this loss within the second half of next year.

COMMENTS (3)

@Executive | 7:14 AM

Oh, well that’s sad. I mean, where else could you get a handcrafted, 10-litre naturally aspirated V10-powered grand tourer like this? No where! Though you could ask some Russian guys in a shed to make one… Oh, I see now.

★ 12

@Falling_Comet | 12:33 PM

Hahaha, damn… that was incredible, totally expected, this is the reason why you should get a Suisei instead, literally!

★ 9

@That-S-cop | W∀ 00:0Ɩ

Alternately, instead of this technobuzzy filled car, for a similar amount of money you can get another Foreign car that’s easier to service, does similar performance, and won’t fry a computer when you have to carry little Jimmy around in the back and he chunders.

★ 8
13 Likes

And then they say Vinfast in Vietnam is a better car company than Quezon…

they’re better because unlike Quezon they actually exist output-onlinepngtools

If only in real life…

I guess what would be the ranking of Quezon Motors in Philippine automotive sales?

update: i will no longer be updating this thread, all Quezons will be moved to a newer, and cleaner thread i’ll be making soon

thanks bye

if there’s a mod reading this, please lock this or something thanks <3

4 Likes