Quotex' Design Challenge - Round 1 - "Back to basics" [ON HOLD]

Hello, I am here to present our new car, the BCT model S45 1.8L basic. This is the entry level of this new model, with a price of 15400 Gallian Ducats. It is a 4.5m sedan with a 1.8 gas engine that has mechanical injection. It produces 93 horsepower and it is tuned to be a low comsumption engine. The S45 has an average of 9.8L/100kms, but can go as low as 5L. This make the S45 a very cheap car to mantain.

Don´t let the basic tag scare you, the S45 it´s a safe car with above average safety standars, all 4 brake disk, basic 8 tracks audio system, advanced suspension, and reliable. Also, being just 1030kg of weight and RWD, you won´t notice that you have conventional steering, an item that would made the car more expensive to buy and mantain

Don´t mind the different license plates, those are press cars and the photos are taken all around the world

For today’s motorist.

more pics

and since i missed it off the advert here is a 2 door saloon in New Forest Green

1 Like

Is that the 2.4m. or 2.8m. wheelbase version? I accidentally used the 2.4m. one and don’t know if it qualifies.

I’ve added some extra clarification to the rule.

The wheelbase must equal 2.4m or be greater OR must equal or be less than 2.80m

So if it’s in the range of 2.40-2.80, you should be fine…

HOWEVER

Please note that I am also looking at decimals (which can be seen in the final tab when designing and whilst hovering over the body)

afbeelding
Ignore this

So in this case, the car would be considered to small to effectively battle the D-Segment.

UPDATE After some discussion in Discord about the subject, i’ve decided that I’ll allow bodies that read as having a 2.4m wheelbase to enter (down to 2.35m)

ATTENTION: RULESET UPDATED

Sorry for my incompetence, this is the first time I’m ever hosting anything like this

Changelog:

• All bodies that show 2.4m and 2.8m in the Icon are now allowed (Anything that has a 2.35m up to a 2.84m wheel base is now allowed)

Courser by KGB, starting from $16,500.

It is, which, as explained by the rules above is an Exception to the body unlock year limit. Because the actual 190E itself was released in 1983.

i wasnt going to complain about it… i was just asking since i tend not to use that body and am not that familiar with it, also did you recieve the message with my entry?

I have received your entry, It’s the next one inline to be inspected, you’ll receive a message shortly that’ll let you know if it has passed or not.

could you perhaps elaborate on the ‘inspection’?

Basically, I’ll be looking at wether or not the submitee was able to conform its design to the rule set they were given.

you mentioned that a single resubmission is allowed… if a car does not ‘measure up’ so to speak, is that an oppertunity to allow it TO pass said imspection?

Yes.

2 Likes

Later that day…

“Time for a Break?”

Liane looks up from the stack of brochures that are filling up her desk and notices that Devlin is grabbing his coat to go outside for a smoke on the balcony.

“Uh sure, let me grab my coat.” Liane replies.

Liane grabs her coat and goes to grab a cup of coffee from the machine before following Devlin outside.

“Did you manage to find anything in the stack of Brochures I gave you?”

Devlin sits down in one of the plastic chairs and grabs a plastic lunchbox from his suitcase.

“A few things so far yes, I gave the importers a call but there are a few hiccups along the road.”

Liane sits down in the chair next to Devlin’s and lights up a cigarette.

“Ah, same here. Some issues with road legality and whatnot. I had to ask a few of them if they offered rear fog lights, but the company staff told me they weren’t sure so they had to come back to me.”

Devlin opens his lunchbox and takes a bite out of one of the sandwiches in it.

“Some of the cars I’ve seen in the Fruinian newspaper ads look really nice though.” Devlin shows Liane a clipping of a cute little French cartoon car that looks more like a space shuttle from a sci-fi movie than something you’d see driving down the road.

“By the way, did the boss tell us what to do when we’ve gone through all of the stuff you’ve brought?”

Liane remembered overhearing Devlin and Lars talking about it, but was focused on work at the time.

“Yep, we’re going to Fruinia to check them out, we’ve rented an old airstrip for the day to do roadtesting and manufacturer representatives will bring the cars to the location…”

Liane and Devlin sit on the balcony for a while, looking at down at the city.

They finish their cigarettes and lunch and head back inside, at the same moment, Lars comes out of his office.

“Devlin, there’s a delivery man at the front desk, can you sign for the package, it’s that ROTFUNKT™ radio I ordered.”

“Oh sweet, we can finally have some tunes in here. I brought some of Max’s cassettes in yesterday and have been aching to play them.”

As Devlin heads down to the lobby, Liane returns to the pile of brochures.

Alright, let’s continue.

The Spotify playlist is now available.

It contains a selection of Gallian top 40 chart music, as well as some suggestions by @Maxbombe

6 Likes

More

You did say they were looking in a newspaper, after all. I was even considering putting it in an actual newspaper clipping, but then I’d have to make it for a fictional city and everything…

4 Likes

resubmitting because i’m an idiot.

more shots

9 Likes

1983 Armor Motors 1600

A new car for the digital age, starting at $14,700.

8 Likes

There’s 2 types of cars in this, very typical early 80s cars like the Cortina, and later more futuristic cars like the Sierra

also where are the required rear fog lights?
thats a rul in this challenge i think