Quotex' Design Challenge - Round 1 - "Back to basics" [ON HOLD]

Pretty dang clean-looking.

I’m honestly glad that more models were allowed, I’m liking all this stylistic variety between competitors. At this point I’m just hoping I didn’t overdesign.

3 Likes

1983 RCM Kingston Hi-Way

(ad will follow eventually)

16 Likes

Guess who is back? Exactly! The Anhultz Dione XII-CX.

[imagine some fancy shmancy advertisement flavor text. i´m just lazy AS F++K]

EDIT:
have a review by @Private_Miros instead
(specs may differ)

9 Likes

The 1983 Credo. By Chrysalis Motors.

11 Likes
Lithium Avocet

Spoiler

( When you put effort in making an ad but nobody likes it.)

2 Likes

13 Likes

With less than 25 hours left on the deadline timer, I would like to remind the people who’ve sent in a submission and have NOT passed the initial rule inspection, that they still have a chance to resubmit their entry before 00:00 am on the 21st.

The users in question are:
@TheAlmightyTwingo
@Kyuu77
@bigDave02
@ELBruno

The reasons have been explained in a PM I sent out.

If you’ve already passed the first inspection, and still have your resubmission token, and would like to improve something, you can do so until the deadline passes.

If you have NOT received a PM from me yet, it’s because I have not gotten around to inspecting your vehicle yet. If your car gets inspected after the deadline passes and it fails, you will be given a time window for a resubmission. Up until all entries are inspected.

Once everything is inspected, I will commence the first round of judging (this will probably be Monday at the earliest. Because of the large amount of entries.)

Finally got around to making the ad for it.

10 Likes

What is the name of the font you used in the ad? It makes the ad look great

C.A.O. NIMA Tamade Sports Edition

By @yangx2 and @ElMenduko

Come explore mid engine greatness from land of sun rise! Fast car sport technology in affordable commuter car for greatest experience!

Mirrors are the adjustable move on rail to ensure optimal rear view

Rear engine compartment boot trunk is engine storage and give space at front hood for all shopping good

Mid engine fun design is provide lively performance!

Easy electronics access is available at front wing quarter for mechanic easy!

But not all with innovate. Gas cap is of the bottom quarter to ensure body line nice

Spicy Chicken

23 Likes

You forgot 屌丝 tho :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Just wanted to let you know that must be some tier 1 fixture spam you got going there, my phone hung trying to load the photo :joy:

2 Likes

IMPORTANT NOTICE

If you still want to enter something for this challenge, I have opted out of open beta because it messes with some of the mods and bodies used on submissions, and might also alter some of the stats.

Anyone who wishes to change anything or enter anything and still hasn’t done so should also opt out of open beta atleast untill they have their entries submitted and checked.

If you stay in open beta, I can not guarantee that i’ll be able to import and check your submission.

4 Likes

Well, of course we used many fixtures. We teamed up to make the ultimate automation car. None of that modern crap with a handful of fixtures, we added as much detail as we could.

If you want to make 10 fixture wonders, sure, do it, but don’t ridicule our car just because it’s better :joy: :joy:

Our design philosphy if anyone is interested:

Design: It’s full of details, no mediocrity allowed. Well, as many details as we had the time to add. The deadline was coming so we had to leave it there, we had planned to add many more. But that’s all we could do with the tight deadline, arranging each detail carefully took a lot of time. However we still had time to include most of we had planned, and even some hidden details that only people with a good eye for detail would notice.

Engineering: Instead of making it a run off the mill shitbox, we decided to improve in certain areas. We decided to make a commuter/family car that still has very good performance in the test track, to cover any spirited driving needs. Many manufacturers normally disregard performance and handling in mundane cars, but we’re having none of that, this is a driver’s car that offers many smiles per gallon. And miles per gallon too.

8 Likes

THE 1983 KADETT SWAY 16V

In the end, it all comes to one thing. Do you want a mobilized way of transportation, or do you want a Kadett? For 1983, Kadett has introduced the Sway mid-size sedan to fill your driveway. With many exciting standard features such as a Cassette player, power steering technology and all round disc brakes, the Sway guarantees perfect value for money.

VS 16V: The trim you can rely on. The all-new 16 valve 1.8 liter engine has been developed to provide the best combination of acceleration, fuel economy and smoothness*.

*Not tested for any of those things. Terms may apply.

30 Likes

I have nearly 180 fixtures on mine. Probably not the most, but it’s hardly a 10-fix wonder. Styling is probably a hard-standout though, in terms of taste. In true French tradition, it’s trying to look weird.

Nothing better than a car with everybody’s favourite everything bolted on!

8 Likes

May I just add fixture spam isn’t complete if it doesn’t have the furry tail.

1 Like