Rate The Photo Above

Thanks, I am proud of my work thus far and hope only to get better.

1 Like

@Lordred are there any resources you can recommend to a newbie to help learning on composition and framing of photographs?

1 Like

5/7 9/10

One of the best photos I’ve seen for a long while.

I was Gymkhanaing on FM6, and Found this little angle.

2 Likes

7/10 good angle, but kinda dark.

now a Photo of my friends F-350

1 Like

What are you using to shoot pics with? I think you need to wipe off the lens, all your pics seem foggy

My phone, I rarely ever take serious photos, so the camera is pretty neglected

1 Like

5/10 - Well framed but rubbish quality. Clean that lens right away!

1 Like

…is that minecraft? What is that? Why is there a white transparent layer on top the shot? The gradient of the sky looks… I can’t even describe that. Is that supposed to be the horizon - the sea and the sky? What is this thing?

@ramthecowy there is no definitive book. But practice goes a long way. When I decided to get serious I did a lot of reading online, looking at videos from ‘pros’ I did not take everything as law. But used it as a meter stick. Look up Tony Northrup, he gives out a lot of useful info.

1 Like

Will do, thanks so much! :kissing_heart:

It’s cities: Skyline.

2 Likes

Edit: Must I rate the photo above since nobody else did it? 6.9/10 because lacks racetrack.

I’ll just keep spamming random old Gran Turismo stuff that somehow ended up on my harddrive.

2 Likes

7/10, nice but no beige 240 content. Bonus points for the random guys head sticking out.

1 Like

-240/10 not a 760 Turbo.

1 Like

8/10. Little too much dead space.

Experimenting with GIMP…

1 Like

I’m assuming it is a photo you took, and decided to experiment with GIMP.

On its own a 6/10, but the pop of the picture, the monochrome under color really makes the car stand out, and is done tastefully enough to bring it to a 7.5/10.

Combination of the background elements add too much clutter, and the cropping feels too tight in the front.

Mustang Maddness.

2 Likes

10/10. You’re too good at this, man.

Part of my CTS-V dump over on r/forza.

2 Likes

Thanks, I hope I am not discouraging others.

1 Like

I can vouch that it is more like the opposite

1 Like

The nice thing about today’s racing games is how good the cinema modes are getting.

9/10

+Image conveys speed well.
+The blur lines of the road, building and track, everything points to the car which is the focus of the scene
+Competition is great
-Image is small

I am torn between wanting to post my pictures, or playing the screenshot game with you guys.

But I want to keep the actual photos rolling. So Photo it is.

1 Like