Razyx's mods

Here it is:

2 Likes

I think you should try moving the taillights to the corners and turning them 90° to make them vertical. Also, you can try the basic square 'lights but smaller (Early, military-spec Jeeps used round taillamps that were mounted outboard, though.)

That bug is because the whole surface the tailight is sitting on is completely vertical, which causes issues with the stamping system.

@Razyx Moving some of your verts a tiny bit forward or backward should help prevent it.

Thanks, I’ll take a look.
A temporal fix would be moving them to a lower area, they will flip to the right ‘face’ and then, you can place where ever you need them.[quote=“TrackpadUser, post:224, topic:16427”]
@Razyx Moving some of your verts a tiny bit forward or backward should help prevent it.
[/quote]
Thanks for the tip mate!!.

I have added the convertible variant to the Comet sport car.

7 Likes

The Comet coupe (and convertible) is a good-looking addition to the growing list of modern sports car bodies, but is more drivable as a mid-engined car with a small engine (I was able to squeeze a 3.5-liter V8 into it using this configuration, but only just) than a front-engined car with a larger engine. That said, no matter where you choose to put the engine, you can get plenty of sportiness out of it with the right suspension setups. And after revising the not-R5 body, what will your next project be?

Really? I could cram a 7 liter V12 in it FR and it’ll do the Nur under 7:30 with virtually no tuning and downforce.

5 Likes

This. I always love doing fine-tuning, and making the most out of a compromised situation. But let’s be honest, there’s no replacement for displacement. A really well set-up Toyota MR2 is still going to get spanked by a Ferrari F12.

3 Likes

Well that was a fucking terrible comparison

6 Likes

While I know that some of you are awaiting for the R5 tweaks, an idea, in form of a rear engined thing, crossed my mind and I had to make something about… :yum:

Mid engine layout will be available too.

14 Likes

Is that the Bolide?

1 Like

In what year will this body be introduced to the sandbox? And can it also support front-engined configurations?

Really good job!

What Bolide? :blush:
@abg7, 1986 and mid/rear only.
@Rick_VTEC, thx, and hopefully with the skinning it takes more interesting shapes.

Ok, R5 changes suggested (after checking the thread).

• 2 door coupe variant.
  • Estate variant.
  • longer rear end (hmm, only if there’s no need to re-skin every model).
7 Likes

You’ll likely just need to edit the morph values in the .lua for the longer rear end, unless you have it maximised for the current skinning.

… or it gets ugly :stuck_out_tongue:

ZTR coupe released.

8 Likes

I hate to ask this, but which body is the R5? I tried looking back a decent amount, but am still confused.

The (R5) Maxi car… up, in the OP, you can see it.

I like this new coupe body, though I prefer to use a rear-engined configuration for it.

Please. You have to be kidding me.

1 Like

Classic abg7.

5 Likes