Razyx's mods

1. You are an idiot.
  2. You are right, THIS is the actual five door Avantime:

1 Like

That’s an Espace. This is what I was talking about:

The Avantime is specifically a shooting brake MPV/estate, so it’s not a five door. I saw it described as a “premium MPV coupe” once as well. This one certainly fits in as something from the near future as imagined in 2006.

2 Likes

What real-life car is that new modern sedan body based on? And how long will its whelbase be?

99% accurate info - Renault Talisman and 2.81 wheelbase.

I have a bit more difficult question - will the estate variant follow it?

1 Like

Right.
Yep, there will be an estate variant and, maybe, something more… a big coupe… I have to think about it.

3 Likes

That’s literally a Scenic.

1 Like

There are many more lines that do not match with the Scenic than with the Avantime… but there was not a 5 door variant that I know about. :confused:

The 5 door Avantime in Children of Men was probably customised for the movie. I know the car was made to look old but it doesn’t half look like a nasty cut and shut job, especially on the highlighted bit which is roughly where the doors originally end

2 Likes

That’s exactly it, hence why I referred to it as a one-off when I brought it up (though I’m sure they made 2-3 for the movie).

The wagon version is done (just skinning for everyone)… but I’ll say that I’m getting some poor demographic stats :cry:

11 Likes

Try swapping glued aluminum for AHS Steel, and Corrosion Resistant Steel panels for aluminum. Also, in your engine, AlSi is better than aluminum in terms of weight and final cost. I think AHS Steel will help by making the car no longer limited production, while Aluminum panels, I think in 2012 are full production parts.

Not sure how much the changes would help or hurt the design, but… I do know that’s a damn-good-looking wagon.

2 Likes

My bad, forgot to change the chassis to AHS steel, it would add +1.6 to the demographic values, AlSi or aluminium almost without changes (0.1). Well, I have to look everything in-depth.

The coupe variant works a bit better but still low, in my opinion… (it seems that I should stick to sporty things :S )

11 Likes

Wow. Great that we will see a complete lineup, not only one body :slight_smile: Thanks. But can that side rear window be morphed to be longer?

3 Likes

That latest body looks promising. I expect to spend plenty of time creating competitive designs with it!

I guess so.

[quote=“Razyx, post:271, topic:16427, full:true”]

[/quote]
Hellllllooooooo, nurse.

3 Likes

Sorry man but It’s going to take some time, if you don’t mind wait a bit more …, the Maxi is a “disorganized mess” and I see myself starting all the skinning from scratch :cry:. OTOH 2 more projects are on the way.

4 Likes

No problem, I can just focus on another decade now :slight_smile: Thanks for the reply and - of course - for your mods :slight_smile:

Just a pic.

I think it would like Nürburgring

14 Likes