Razyx's mods

That would be unfair for the competition :slight_smile:

Who cares? Just do it. You deserve a win for all the fantastic modeling you do. Not to put down any of the other modders, but you are the most active one that puts out the most varied stuff. Respect!

4 Likes

Sounds good. Any plans for a variant with a true coupe roof? I’m thinking a roof that follows the arc of that plastic bit behind the door windows.

Alternatively something like this roof?

Anyway, great job… I haven’t seen anything like this thing before in Automation.

3 Likes

@ramthecowy, thx for the props but there will be time for compete in the right way, call me old-fashioned…

@KA24DE, with the skinning is almost there, but the real mistake is that I’ve not aligned the top of the wheels with the bonnet. I should have set a lower ride height.

Well, I’m not going to be able to finish this till sunday night, so here goes a preview with some skinning in action, only the front end is lacking.
https://media.giphy.com/media/l3vRdQPXM0v2cjsAM/source.gif

20 Likes

Me likey

Straal released.

9 Likes

you’re a fucking champ.

@Razyx are you sure the thing should take in a 11L N/A V8? seems pretty insane…

meanwhile it barely takes a 4.7L V8 with medium-sized turbos

quick build with a twin-turbo V6, already hitting 1:11 on the Airfield :scream:

1 Like

No no, that was the ‘big nose’, the oldie above (12L v12), although this one can handle big engines too.
I think the Straal is going to be really interesting in the setup department :slight_smile:

Tried her out… very amusing ride. I really like it. :thumbsup:

One bug; The MacPherson strut towers poke out of the body… but it’s small enough to easily cover with fixtures, so not a big deal.

I expected the drag to be a lot worse. I managed to get her to 184mph with a full downforce set-up using only 500hp… so you may want to give her a little more drag. The real Donkervoort has an abysmal 0.50Cd.

Thoose front tyres dow

10 Likes

You would expect people to build Caterham style cars but, no…

@KA24DE, Glad you like it and yep, I saw the MacPherson bug but was late. I’ll fix it (guess that the bonnet going up will solve it) with the typical aerodynamic tweak.
Thx for the feedback!.
@UMGaming, nice monster!!! :+1:
@Speedemon, the ‘nuts way’ is strong, you know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What about this project? We’re still waiting for it.

if you want you can ban the option for mcpherson struts in the lua, so they can’t be selected, only pushrods and DW.

1 Like

It’s still going on…, but slow.

I forgot about it !!, thanks but finally got solved through morphing.

19 Likes

Looks nice!

Anyway, I’m sorry to say this, but I have just noticed that your '40s Jeep mod is no longer showing up in the game as of today-has anyone else informed you or am I the first one? In any case, hope it gets fixed soon, as I was hoping to make more cars with it. :worried:

holy hell, how wide are they? 500 mm?

their only 395s

meh, I managed to fit 495 mm once in 90s Group C racecar

that was before it was limited to 395s