Re-use Trims and Families in new Build

Why can’t I Build a New Car and choose an existing Trim or Engine to clone from and then modify. Simply put it would be nice to crate a 1945 Bulldog or something then an 1948 Bulldog then maybe later a 1980’s version new Body but using the 1948 Engine family as the starting point

Umm, what? You can use any engine family in any car. But how would using a trim from other car work?

1 Like

If you’re talking about facelifts, then yes the devs are adding it in UE4. If you are talking about fitting preexisting engine you made into new cars, then you can already do that.

As you can see, ive got a 70’s engine with a 2004 variant in a 2004 car.

Or something more extreme,

Ive got a 1981 Chassis, with a 1982 trim with a 1970s engine with a 1982 variant

2 Likes

Must just be a Lite Campaign thing, Guess I will have to wait for normal Campaign. Seem to be able to do it in Sandbox just not Lite Campaign… Makes no sense why I can’t though. The message I get is “In the Lite Campaign you can only work on one model at a time.” There is no button to Clone the Model.

Thanks though

Sorry I really meant Model not trim, yep that wouldn’t work. Problem is I cant seem to be able to use existing Models or Engines in Lite Campaign mode only Sandbox so I’m assuming now it’s a limitation of the game mode, Why that limitation exists I don’t know or understand but I hope it doesn’t exist in next release or full Campaign Mode.

It exists because using sandbox cars/engines wouldn’t really make much sense in the campaign - you don’t have tech pool and familiarity in sandbox, and you also don’t have to care about engineering time or production limitations. In the campaign all these things matter. And the current light campaign is more of a test, alpha or a proof of concept(s) than a fully functional game mode. Sure, it’s playable, but lacks many, many things, most of which are planned for the full version of it.

And if you are replying to more than one person at once you can just tag people like that: @tarrantfamily, so they get a notification, instead of making a separate reply for everyone - that keeps the forum tidier :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@szafirowy01 Thanks, makes sense and will do. Didn’t know about the @ thing, new to forums

Welcome to the closest and best community on the net! Good to have ya

3 Likes