Real Driver Challenge - Fastest Automation Test Track Car - OFFICIAL RESULTS!

Hey People! I am really happy to recieve submissions!

Few things thou:

1. Please provide me both files (as stated in an original post). This is due some cars I am lacking fixtures for and cannot import to Automation properly. Yeah I have downloaded entire Steam Workshop recently but still some cars have this issue. (looking for solutions)

2. I am not going to give any info about cars I have driven so far in order not to give spoilers to people who still wait with their submissions. I hope this is understandable :slight_smile:

Oh and I can tell You right know… There is still so much for me to learn about Automation and Beam.NG, every car brings new surprises :slight_smile: It is really exciting to me and hopefully will also be to You after feedback and results publications :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello! Please excuse me my absence here recently but well I am struggling with two sick children + we have to revise our ERC plans… oh well bad news came from FIA last week but we will be fine. I am back on Sunday I promise :slight_smile:

3 Likes
wow did i really spend over a month developing this fucker

2021 Quezon Cordova Pikes Peak S4

1000 horsepower to only the front wheels through a six speed sequential transmission.

You’ve got to be a brave soul to want to drive this all the way up Pikes peak.

All that research and development into one car meant for one drivetrain record.

Could I have spent my time dedicated to something that might actually win this challenge? Maybe.

But, boy, where’s the fun in that?

something

wonder what this is

5 Likes

Here goes! My first time making a supercar.

Munot_Starfire_F1_-_2020.car (65.6 KB)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1asjutoy7MYJAs2K2jJTosWWAXQ8O7GQV/view?usp=sharing (ZIP file)

Munot Starfire F1 (2020 facelift)

3 Likes

Nice! Yet another submissions right before the time is up :wink: Tomorrow is gonna be a busy day !

1 Like

So The Entry List is as follows:

1. @pcmoreno - Winthorpe Cyclone
  2. @GassTiresandOil - Armor SLW275
  3. @replaY - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX MR
  4. @Riley - B1 Alpha Aranche RS
  5. @variationofvariables - Quezon Cordova Pikes Peak S4
  6. @Quneitra - Munot Starfire F1 2020

Informal Entry - OPEN Class (cannot be the winner)

1. @SpeedyBoi - SSB 003 Evo II - Car Exported with old tire physics

Tomorrow I will compile all the basic car info into some spreadsheet. It will contain max power/rpm, max torque/rpm, total weight, drivetrain type. Then after I am done 10 laps with all cars, i will publish all the results :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello! I have to apologise for further delays but I was called by my team to show up for the tests of our new rally car. Just got home but tests are going to continue till wedensday. If I get a free evening tomorrow I will upload the promised spreadsheet.

From thursday on I shall have more free time. Now Im quite exhausted. I think I am just gonna watch one of Killrob’s videos to sleep.

I am sorry, but I promise to finish the job!

10 Likes

Hello there! I am back. I am really sorry that I kept You waiting but well there were a few things that cotributed to it. Apart from tests I mentioned (which were great!!) also a sad thing happened… Our team owner’s wife passed away last thursday at the age of 49 :frowning: The funeral was held yesterday, so yeah… no need to say more.

But lets get back to the Challenge!!! I have compiled a spreadsheet i promised and is attached. I am starting a driving for real right now so I think tommorow You can expect the final results :slight_smile: Please note that the Total Weight value is taken from Beam.NG game.

Also @quneitra please allow me the access to the .zip file. I have sent a request and check my PM please as I had a problem to import Your car into Automation.

@pcmoreno and @replaY If You could export Your cars again and send them to me it would be awsome as Your cars were exported at the time the engine sounds certificates expired and I have no engine sounds. I mean they are driveable and I will do fine, but it would much more cool to have engine sounds.

Apart from the issues mentioned above, all the cars imported to Beam.NG correctly and I am staring to drive RIGHT NOW ! :slight_smile:

So yeah - tomorrow is a big day !

PS. If You have been wondering how were my new rally car tests thare is a short videoclip from them. Enjoy :slight_smile:

Pierwsze Testy - Subaru Impreza N14 - Michał Pryczek - YouTube

6 Likes

SSB_003 Evo II : 6.4 ccm FPV8, 2323 HP / 9500 rpm Beam power, 1257 Kg Beam weight, Sequential 6 / AWD

My condolences for the losses.
Take your time driving for the cars. Forum challenges always tends to be very time consuming, and obviously real life events take first priority. Just want to say that, don’t hesitate to delay it if you have to.

Ok… so here it comes. I have done driving most of the cars. The only two cars I have not driven yet are @Quneitra car as still do not have an access to the file and @SpeedyBoi car because I do not want to prelong it any more :wink: Threfore I would say these results are unofficial as we wait for one more car. I will drive SpeedyBoi’s car tomorrow and I promise it. Your car is out of offical contest so I hope there is no big issue with it. My overall feelings are good as every car was different but yet fast. Almost all cars had some driving issues apart from @replaY car which handled really really well. I hope to learn from him some of his knowledge. Please do not get angry with me if You find my feedback on Your car negative. I do not mean to criticize You it is rather about my honest feelings about the cars. Also some cars were unable to finish 10 laps straight because of fuel consumption. I have not mentioned it in the rules so I still consider them ok and I found a way to get around this problem. I want to congratulate all the participants for approaching this challenge. It was a really demanding one as no one knew what to expect from the other competitors :slight_smile: Unlimited builds probably gave advatage to the players who know the game really in depth. My feedback may be sometimes a little chaotic as I got a person to write down what I say realtime while driving :slight_smile: Ok enough talking, lets get to the feedback and results:

Quezon Cordova Pikes Pick S4 - @variationofvariables

I have somewhat mixed feeling about this car because it is really fast but gets a lot of issues. Forces applied to front wheels cause the wheels to shake a lot and this leeds to the front wheels eventually fall off the car. This may be due to force feedback settings which I usually put very strong. I had to lower them significantly for this car. Because of this, it is difficult to make one full lap with flat out approach. You have to be really gentle with accelerator in lower gears, not because of traction issues but rather fragility issues. Also car has issues with ground clearance at top speeds and probably this limits its top speed significantly. The car has good brakes but applying full braking force causes the car to bounce. It definitely needs suspension tweaks. Also at high speeds the bounce occurs and it is quite disturbing. However the handling at the speeds 100 km/h+ is quite surprising as it grips into the corner really well (even thou its bouncing). The biggest issue thou is that the car loses its camber and toe settings under heavy driving. I would call it quick but rather fragile car. You really need to know how to drive it :wink: The braking force is quite impressive, those are really powerful brakes. Also cornering ability at mid to high speeds is really good despite overpowered FWD design. It feels like this car could be even faster if the reliability and suspension issues were solved. Also the issues cause the big spread in lap times. I think I have not reached the limit with this car yet.

1:42.812
1:39.734
1:37.797
1:38.078
1:37.812
1:36.766
1:43.789 - Outside the track at Banhammerhead
1:38.266
1:36.672
1:37.286

B1 Alpha Aranche RS - @Riley

I have driven the car with the TCS on as provided. After 10 challenge laps I tried driving the car without it and I achieved slightly better lap times :wink: Also the braking power could be little stronger compared to other cars. What I liked about the car is a very neutral characteristics when accelerating out of the corner. The biggest issue however is an understeer at the mid speeds corners entrance. This is another factor contributing for need of early braking. I think it just feels like there is no enough aero compared to other cars, but adding some would probably destroy the aero balance at really high speeds (which is used only at Slingshot thou). I had to chose a safe approach to the entrance to mid speeds corners and put some weight to the front using brake pedal. Correct entrance to these corners (grabbing the apex nice, with no understeer) is one of the factors for good lap time and it seems to be the biggest issue of this car. Overall very enjoyable car. I believe I could do slightly better as the best lap had few little mistakes.

1:44.625
1:43.890
1:41.750
1:41.531
1:39.656
1:40.766
1:40.360
1:40.178
1:39.344
1:39.324

Armor SLW 275 - @GassTiresandOil

The main issue with this car are really weak brakes. They are not powerful enough to make the tires squeak and braking from top speeds really is a challenge. I had apply really early braking points, earliest of all the cars. Another issue is an understeer at the exit from the high speed corners. The car has a good corner initiation but cannot make the use of it at the corner exit. What I like about the car is handling and cornering ability at low speeds. Also I enjoyed low end torque as it is something I am used to :blush:Moreover the car’s behavior is predictable. This car could be so much better just by giving it more powerful brakes. Also more front downforce would probably reduce the high speed understeer. I think beating 1:39 with this car is nearly maximum of its capabilities. The car has very little camber, increasing it slightly would probably also help a little.

1:42.219
1:41.375
1:41.622
1:40.958
1:40.688
1:40.075
1:39.515
1:39.736
1:39:985
1:39.360

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX MR - @replaY

The grip of this car is simply amazing. There are no bigger issues, it seems to be tuned just right. Only issue noticed is the top speed limited probably due to a lot of downforce. It could be faster on the longest straight and through a Slingshot bend. The gearbox is really close ratio probably to fit the engine characteristics (smallest displacement of all the cars), which makes the acceleration great. I really like this car (did not think would ever say that about EVO :wink:) and when it comes to handling I think we could all learn from replaY. There simply is no understeer at all. After hard throttle application the car still follows the steering wheel. Brakes are just great. No issues at all. I have to say that this is easiest handling and the most predictable car of all. It feels like the chassis could easily utilize more power. For better lap time I would only see more top speed through Slingshot. I had to accommodate my mind for a really late braking points and not always remembered about that and the lap times spreads come mostly from that. I think I got close to the limit, I could probably improve just slightly. On my best I missed the apex on Banhammerhead.

1:39.406
1:36.109
1:37.031
1:36.156
1:35.063
1:35.422
1:34.890
1:34.478
1:34.891
1:34.484

Winthorpe Cyclone - @pcmoreno

Another car I have mixed feelings with. It certainly is fast. The car should however have more braking power and also more front downforce at mid speeds as it understeers at the corner entry. Then at the corner exit it tends to oversteer with not careful throttle application. At the high speeds front wheels however grip “to well” and it seems like the front downforce starts to work really well at high speeds. I gotta tell You it was the fastest car through a Sligshot bend with the top speed of 380 km/h through it :open_mouth: None of the other cars could do that. Overall stability issues at mid speeds cause the big time spreads as it is difficult to make a perfect lap. I think reducing the power slightly and then setting it up again would help to achieve more repeatable lap times. Clearly this car makes up rather instable handling with power and top speed. I am really happy with the best lap of this car as it was quite a struggle :wink:There is still room for lap improvement with a perfect lap which is really difficult to make.

1:38.140
1:37.250
1:37.828
1:39.796 - Sideways at Lamb’s Hope (rear of the car entered first as I had to pull a handbrake :wink:)
1:35.844
1:37.264
1:36.250
1:37.734
1:35.828
1:35.673

Unofficial results:

1. Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX MR - replaY - 1:34.478
  2. Winthorpe Cyclone - pcmoreno - 1:35.673
  3. Quezon Cordova Pikes Peak S4 - 1:36.672
  4. Alpha Aranche RS - Riley - 1:39.324
  5. Armor SLW275 - GassTiresandOil - 1:39.360
7 Likes

the thing about the top speed and bottoming out in the evo is that the evo/lancer body is bugged in beam and has bad hitboxes in beam making it closer to the ground than it is, you can see it by pressing ctrl +t and look under the car in beam

Cool challenge, nice to have a decent driver.

I only did one test in beam, it was more of make a nice looking car which is decently quick for me, not a initial D meme. Congrats to everyone.

Will we see another one like this with other cars / types of track?

I promised to drive Speedyboi’s car today and I did. As You can clearly tell this is my “recce” lap and its 11:59pm my time :wink:

More feedback soon, now I am back to driving :smiley:

Damn… 1:19.782 already. @SpeedyBoi tell me Your fastest please :smiley:

If you get the line dead right, you should be able to take Bavarian Bend (the offcamber turn after the back straight) flat at about 300km/h

1 Like

Yeah fine, It is gonna be fun :slight_smile: For now its 1:15.164

I will host another one like this but I can’t promise it will be in the near future. I have just learnt that hosting such challenge is really time consuming and outside the winter season I do not have much of it.

Now I am more aware of different tricks and stuff :slight_smile: But surly if I make another one the rule set will be much more defined.

As for this one, I still have not recieved the access to @Quneitra files, even if i asked for them through several means (including PM and even recieved a reply to it). Well I guess I am gonna wait until sunday and then make the results offical if I do not recieve it.

4 Likes