Real-Life Engine Recreations

2005 Dodge 6.1 Hemi (from a 2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8)

Torque comes 100 rpm too early and power is 0.7 hp too short.
2005 Chrysler Hemi 6.1Rev0.lua (41.2 KB)

2008 Chevy LS3 (from a 2008 Chevy C6 Corvette)

My goodness did this recreation take a lot out of me, it took me months to get this recreation to where it is and it’s still not perfect. The torque comes 100 rpm too early and I doubt the real thing uses long tube headers like my recreation has.

Be sure to download this recreation or let me know via a “Reply” if you want to see more of my recreations as I have dozens more and plan to continue making more in the future.

2008 Chevy LS3Rev1.lua (41.9 KB)

I tried Recreate Volvo´s prototype triple boost 2L inline 4 petrol engine whit 450 HP.
youtube.com/watch?v=cNzYty1gAZI

My gold whas to see if it whas even possible to make a small 2L engine whit 450 HP and stil run on normal pump gas and i manage to get 450 HP whit 95 octane. Pretty satified whit that, since most country´s have 95 octane petrol.
A total recreations is impossible sice this game dosent have the turbo combination and there Arent mutch spec on that Volvo engine. So i have tried creating the engine whit 450 HP and stil keep Price and man hours Down. but reliability suffers from this amount off power from this small engine.

Sorry my English is a bit rusty.

But what you Guys think?

Really nice recreations in this thread :smiley:

I attempted to reacreate the 4.2 V8 DOHC 40V my old Audi S6 C5 had and got quite close to the original specs even though Automation doesn’t have variable lenght intake(Atleast not yet?), but yeah max torque happens 300rpms later than it’s supposed to happen and has 30Nm(420Nm@3400rpm Original) too much torque and missing 4hp(340hp@7000rpm Original) at the correct rpm though.

Has the same bore(84,5mm), stroke(93.0mm) and compression(11:1) as the actual engine.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30516932/AQJ.png

I recon I’ll have my own crack at that engine Crowiel, as it intrigues me as to why your recreation has such insanely high production units. Also do you think you could edit your post to have the engine .lua file attached to it?

1999 Audi 4.2 40V V8 (from a 1999 Audi S6 C5)

Power comes 100 rpm too late and torque comes 400 rpm too late.

I hope you like this recreation Crowiel, I didn’t get the curves as close as you did but I did get the right amount of power and torque along with keeping the production units quite reasonable. I don’t know why you used short cast headers but something you may not have known is how this engine has VVT which REALLY helped bring that power up, it took a lot of research to find that information.

1999 Audi S6 C5 4.2 40V V8Rev0.lua (45.9 KB)

[quote=“Corvette6317”]1999 Audi 4.2 40V V8 (from a 1999 Audi S6 C5)

Power comes 100 rpm too late and torque comes 400 rpm too late.

I hope you like this recreation Crowiel, I didn’t get the curves as close as you did but I did get the right amount of power and torque along with keeping the production units quite reasonable. I don’t know why you used short cast headers but something you may not have known is how this engine has VVT which REALLY helped bring that power up, it took a lot of research to find that information.[/quote]

Really nice :smiley:
I think a big thing lacking from actually recreating this engine is the variable lenght intake manifold :frowning:

But it has VVT only on intake cam which i knew of and while i had the car i had to change the chain tensioner between the cams which also operates also the intake cam VVT. As the timing belt comes to the end of Exhaust cam from which the exhaust cam is connected to intake cam via chain.

Also reason why i used short cast headers is that the original look like.

And hehe the engine definetly didn’t have high-flow cats as those same cats were used in the lower powered V8s and V6s.

Also uploaded my engine file into this post, but yeah i had the quality sliders all at maximum so that’s why the production units :smiley:
Audi quality :smiling_imp:
4.2L V8 40V VAG AQJRev0.lua (46.2 KB)

Well I tried again with VVT intake only, regular 3 way cat and short cast headers and came up with this, I’m certainly not happy with this recreation but feel free to take it if you want.
1999 Audi S6 C5 4.2 40V V8Rev1.lua (46.3 KB)

I’ve just had a look at your recreation and noticed you used I Beam Steel conrods, if you think that’s what the real thing had then I suggest using them with +11 quality.

1971 Chevy LS6 (from a 1971 Chevy C3 Corvette ZR-2)

Apart from making 1 Nm too much torque, this is a perfect recreation according to the specs I got from Automobile-Catalog.

This is a very old recreation I made months ago back when build 1408 or whatever the big update months ago was that changed how engines perform first came out, yet it remains one of my best however perhaps I should have given it a Forged Steel crank…

1971 Chevy LS6 (SAE Net)Rev0.lua (37.1 KB)

1992 Cadillac L37 (from a 1993 Cadillac Eldorado TC)

The specs of this engine vary from site to site and even car to car in some cases but according to the specs of the 93 Eldorado TC on Automobile-Catalog, torque comes 100 rpm too early but otherwise perfect.

Being the only DOHC line of engines GM has ever produced (other than the Lotus developed LT-5 from 1989 to 1995), the Northstar engines are certainly an oddball in GM’s history. This particular recreation is of the original L37 spec Northstar, although then again this could have been the first revised version. I say that because Automobile-Catalog claims the 93 Eldorado TC with this engine starts production in mid 1993 while also claiming the 93 Allante starts production in mid 1992 with a less highly revving version of the L37.
1992 Cadillac L37Rev0.lua (40.9 KB)

(Half of a) 1994 BMW S70/2

Okay so this isn’t exactly a recreation but this is meant to be the engine in the 1994 McLaren F1 cut in half, built to the specifications from Automobile-Catalog. The specs of this engine vary for instance Automobile-Catalog claims this engine makes 461 Kw while Forza Motorsport 4 claims it has 468 Kw, but I don’t trust FM4 as much since they treat the gross power ratings of classic muscle cars as fact.

Power and Torque peeks come at the right rpm however it might be making a bit too much torque, hopefully once V12s are in the game we can just change the engine configuration to V12 and we will have a perfect recreation of the 1994 BMW S70/2!

1994 BMW S70 2 (Half)Rev0.lua (45.9 KB)

1980 Chevy L82 (from a 1980 Chevy C3 Corvette)

Power and torque both come 100 rpm too late.

Not an impressive engine, I know, but this was the last optional “performance” engine Chevy offered on a Corvette for 15 years. Yep from 81 to 95 Chevy made no optional engines for the Corvette and after 96, made no optional engines for another decade.
1980 Chevy L82Rev1.lua (40.2 KB)

Me and a friend of mine have been making videos of engine recreations on Youtube, here’s a link to the channel if anyone wants to watch:
youtube.com/user/Corvette6317/videos

Here is our latest engine, the 2JZ-GE from a 1992 Toyota Supra:

Power comes 200 rpm too late and torque is 100 rpm too early.

1992 Toyota 2JZ-GERev0.lua (42.2 KB)

1980 Mitsubishi 4G52 (from a 1980 Mitsubishi Sigma GL 2.0L)

This is a perfect recreation based on the specs I got from Automobile-Catalog, then again while being the higher performance 2.0L engine Mitsubishi offered for the Sigma it might have still had a standard intake.

1980 Mitsubishi 4G52Rev0.lua (41.1 KB)

1980 HDT 308 (from a 1980 HDT VC Commodore)

Power comes 300 rpm too late and it makes half a NM too much torque.

You may remember how we attempted this engine on our YouTube channel but this is a much better recreation that I, the “friend” made afterwards after finding out new information that contradicted what he the “host” and owner of both Corvette6317 accounts found in his own research.
1980 HDT 308Rev1.lua (35.8 KB)

1950 Chevy 235 (from a 1950 Chevy Fleetline)

Torque comes 200 rpm too early, otherwise perfect according to Automobile-Catalog.

1950 Chevy 235Rev0.lua (32.1 KB)

The DL9 2.4L DOHC as seen in the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE and other 90-2000’s GM passenger cars including the cavalier and sunfire.

The 2.0L EA827 VW I4 often referred to as the ‘2 point slow’

Ferrari 360 Modena engine, torque comes on a little bit late, other then that its spot on. As seen in the 1999-05 Ferrari Modena. 3.6L flatpane v8