Real-Life Engine Recreations

[quote=“Corvette6317”]

It used multi-point EFI which isn’t available in-game until '92.[/quote]

from what i learned the tech sliders change the quality equal to years, so plus 1 would be tech from 1 year in the future and minus 1 would be minus 1 year, so if its a 1988 engine, tune up to 1992 and have the quality sliders set to -4

That’s not true, I heard something similar but I think the intention is have the quality sliders unlock parts in advance in the campaign mode. If you build an engine in the game in 2 different years and adjust the quality sliders you will find the stats do not match.

Corvette6317 and I have split, as we can’t share the same copy of the game across both of our PCs anymore we had to. I BTW was the guy who made like 90% of the recreations posted by Corvette6317 on this thread so don’t expect too many posts from him anymore, I’m not even sure if I’ll be posting too many engines here either but that’s a story for another day.

As I promised via Corvette6317’s account here’s a LS7 recreation, two in fact:

GM Gen IV V8 (LSX) - MOHV - 2005 Chevy LS7.lua (38.8 KB)
GM Gen IV V8 (LSX) - 2005 Chevy LS7.lua (38.7 KB)

So it turns out you need both the engine and the platform it belongs to in order to upload engines, so once I get a new USB since my old one seems to have been lost in transit I’ll upload the platforms for the LS7 recreations I posted above. Of course that’s provided I don’t have any trouble logging in again cough hturt eht eldnah t’nac borllik cough. In terms of recreations I have planned, well… not many, I have an LS1 recreation I might upload however since the torque peak isn’t comming at the right time (100 RPM too late) I don’t want to upload it. I intend to do a Chevy 216 recreation sometime next week and maybe a 235 as well so I may upload them and I have a 1975 L48 recreation so that might get uploaded here soon or on a different thread in the car sharing forum.

Again I was going to upload my LS7 platforms in this post but I lost my USB so expect them either tomorrow or Monday and honestly I think I’ll only be doing requests from now on, so if there’s an engine you’d like me to try recreating post a reply with your request and I may just do it.

Honda K24Z7. Found in 2014+ Honda Civic Si (US).

Specs:
2.4L (2354cc) DOHC 16v inline 4
205hp @ 7000 RPM
174lb-ft @ 4400 RPM
11.0:1 Compression
91 Octane Recommended (AKI)

K24 - Z7.lua (38 KB)

may i re-request the chevy LL8 engine since the steam release broke the other one (again, one from the '06 trailblazer LS model)

2006 GM Atlas LL8 (from a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer)

Torque is one too high.
2006 GM Atlas - LL8.lua (36 KB)
2006 GM Atlas.lua (6.79 KB)

[quote=“Corvette6317”]2006 GM Atlas LL8 (from a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer)

Torque is one too high.[/quote]

thank you, again, now time to figure out how to put it into automation.

Ok I had a crack at designing my real life car, and so my engine. 2.4l PT Cruiser GT Turbo Convirtable.
The torque and power figures are spot on if you search specs on internet, but the arc and rpm-band are different any know how to make it more accurate?
http://www.automobile-catalog.com/wykres_power.php

2005 Chevrolet LS7 (recreated by Bruce in latest update open beta)

Corvette6317 - Gen IV Small Block.zip (74.5 KB)

Alfa Romeo’s famous Busso. V6 3.2 liters late 2005. Sounds like a monster!

metallo97 - 3.2 GTA V6.zip (74.3 KB)

1975 Triumph 1500 (from a USDM 1975 Triumph Spitfire):

Based on the specs at triumphspitfire.com/Size.html which Bruce closely matched.
richnathaniel9419 - Triumph 1500.zip (74 KB)

BMW S70/2 engine from the standard version of the McLaren F1.

It was done in '96 because that is the first year Automation allows AlSi.
Corvette6317 - BMW S70-2.zip (76.8 KB)

2 Likes

The S2000 knocked from the factory?

@Stryfe oi mate, that post was from 2 years ago. Don’t necrobump.

3 Likes

Updated 2008 Chevrolet LS3:
Corvette6317 - Chevy Gen IV S-Block.zip (10.0 KB)

6 Likes

Tried to make the Mercedes M100. Both 6.3l and 6.9l.
Seems impossible to get the numbers right, hp and torque ends up at the wrong rpm.
But, OMG, the mild cams they use.
robert.norgren - Merc M100.zip (15.5 KB)

2 Likes