Redline Motors [Kee Engine]

From Press Release - "New from Redline Motors in 1970 is the Chieftan RS. We featured the same engine as the Executive, the only difference being compression and carburetion vs. mechanical injection. The Chieftan RS is going to be our take at a muscle car. The only problem we have is the limitations on tire sizing, so the 350 ft/lbs the engine makes doesn’t always hit the ground as it should.

Model Year - 1970
Model - Chieftan
Trim Level - RS
Engine - 6.1L V8 DOHC 2V 4B
Screenies-

For some reason, the game won’t let me put wider tires on these things. I’d have put 285’s on the Chieftan but it was limited to 165’s. I guess my customers will have to go to aftermarket wheels and tires.

Try reducing the rim size to 16" or even 15". Ive managed to get cars that are driveable with that setup.

We’ll see what happens with the more budget oriented model of the Chieftan.

Model Year - 1970
Model - Chieftan
Trim Level - S
Engine - 4.6L Inline-Six SOHC
Screenies-

2 Likes

Another thing, the engines seem to be making less power than they should be. 293 hp from a 6.1L V8 DOHC engine. You could easily make an engine which makes more power. There should be many guides showing how to optimise the engine. In fact i think there should be tutorials in the scenario menu in the game itself. And for turbos, personally i use this guide since its pretty informative on how to set them up.

2 Likes

It makes more torque than horsepower. Think of the Buick 455’s. They made like 400 ft/lbs but only like 200 hp back in the day. (The 6.1L has a stroke 30mm longer than the bore. 120/90)

1 Like

I guess the final thing to do to make your cars driveable would be to tune the suspension then.

1 Like

Model Year - 1980
Model - Executive
Trim Level - V8 Limo
Engine - 6.1L V8 DOHC 4V
Screenies-

2 Likes

“This year we are introducing a new engine in our Chieftan RS. It is a turbocharged inline-six displacing 2.5 liters. Max boost levels from the factory are 20 psi bringing this engine up to levels of 265 hp. We will be introducing a new race-only version of the Chieftan within a few months.”

Model Year - 1980
Model - Chieftan
Trim Level - RS
Engine - 2.5L Inline-Six DOHC Turbo
Screenies-

2 Likes

you have covered 40 years of an automotive manufacturer in under 3 days. I think you’re rushing it a bit, not taking enough time on each car.

Alright, I’ll slow down a bit.

Take your time on your next car, work the design thoroughly, perfect the engine, chassis setup etc etc.

1 Like

Alright, so there’s a lot more to this game then I thought. Based on these pictures of the track-only Chieftan RR, let me know how I can tune the suspension, engine, etc. better.

Model Year - 1980
Model - Chieftan
Trim Level - RR
Engine - 3.2L Inline-Six DOHC 4V Turbo
Screenies-

1 Like

Could you post a picture of the engine specs? im curious to see what youve done with it.

Also the brakes might need some tuning too. The car is also too low. Try raising its ride height

It’s not taking screenshots of the specs. It’s a BMW S52 with a turbo on it. 549 hp @ 7500, 428ft/lbs @ 6200.

Ive no idea what a bmw s52 is…:confused:

It’s an E36 M3 motor. 3.2L DOHC 24V

1 Like

None of this will tell us anything. The safest approach to get actual feedback is to upload the car file so we can get a hands-on.

2 Likes