Replace My Car Challenge

11 Likes

@AirJordan
Aw yeah, Street Sharks!

4 Likes

6 Likes

Less than 7 Days remaining!

Well, there’s less than 3 days remaining to the deadline.

I have cars from:

@HighOctaneLove
@doncornaldie
@TR8R
@abg7
@Leonardo9613
@gridghost
@one85db
@Dorifto_Dorito
@koolkei
@AirJordan
@TheMiltos21
@yurimacs
@ramthecowy

If your name’s not on that list, I don’t have your car.

If your name is on that list, please make sure to have your ad up no later than 24 hours after the deadline.

2 Likes

#The Zast Efficio Castro

The car you see here might be your future daily.It has 2.0L I6 w/Direct Injection that will make an enough amount of 191hp.The interior has 4 leather seats for you and yourr friends and an 7 inch Infotainment system with Bluetooth.This car has FWD System that uses Geared LSD to keep you on the road.It has a mileage of 42 mpg.

All of this can yours for $24000 with 2 Year Warranty.

Yours truly from Zast Automobiles

5 Likes

That engine is somewhat impressive, I must say :slight_smile:

The Dragotec Renaissance Ad

6 Likes

55 mpg :scream:

1 Like

the 2017 Argus.

The smart choice for the suave, professional person.

200 horsepower to carry you anywhere you’d wish to go (200hp, 250Nm. 237kph top speed. 0-100 in 7.5 seconds).
AWD to make sure you get there (43F/57R, Viscous LSD).
A premium interior experience with a silky smooth turbocharged inline six cylinder to make sure you never get tired on the way (2747cc turbo I6). Two sunroofs.
Highly advanced technology to ensure the car is never hard on your wallet (42mpg)
Cutting edge safety technology with all the driver aids so you’re never in harm’s way (advanced safety).
Reliable.
Sharp looks.
Easy to drive.
Highly practical.

All this for just $23,700.

The Argus.

Yes I absolutely could not be fucked to finish the Photoshops on this. Yes, the design is a combination of the Aston Martin Lagonda Taraf and the Volvo S90 with my own touch. It’s likely this car will become a canon Cavallera model with a redesign because the setup is not too bad. Everything except the actual setup of the car itself is half-assed.

12 Likes

Volvo is calling they want them back lights back :wink:
Nice pics btw…

1 Like

Yeah :joy: I’m not kidding when I say [quote=“ramthecowy, post:51, topic:20694”]
Yes, the design is a combination of the Aston Martin Lagonda Taraf and the Volvo S90
[/quote]

Here’s the Aston

And here’s the S90 R design

5 Likes

Didn’t even notice small print. Nicely done!

2 Likes

As of this moment, less than 19 hours to go.

1 Like

2016 JHW Xceed 5

##The Image of Luxury… Without The Fuel Bill

$24,000 OTR

3 Likes

hah, I ask all those questions and I’m not even going to manage to submit anything. :sweat_smile:

With the passing of midnight (and my casual oversleeping), entries are now closed.

Those who have entered have until April 25, 2017 @ 11:59:59 PM, Central Daylight Time, to complete their Advertisement.

I have cars from:

@HighOctaneLove
@doncornaldie
@TR8R
@abg7
@Leonardo9613
@gridghost
@one85db
@Dorifto_Dorito
@koolkei
@AirJordan
@TheMiltos21
@yurimacs
@ramthecowy
@Dragawn
@Rk38
@JohnWaldock

Make sure you’ve got an ad in this thread, please.

9 Likes

ST-Z trim shown in optional Crimson Sprint Metallic

The Prova is an exceptional compact car that’s now even better with a bold new design and packed with the latest innovations while retaining a spirited and engaging driving performance that will give you satisfaction every day.

The updates see new powertrains and we are introducing our first seven-speed double-clutch transmission with the Prova, combining the benefits of automated and manual transmissions.

Which provide even greater fuel efficiency and lower C02 emissions while improving performance over naturally aspirated engines of the outgoing models.

The new design embodies the latest evolution of our Vitality Motion design language. The Xz Prova saloon comes with a new ActivBoost 1.4L in-line 4 cylinder 16 valve DOHC petrol MC-BN13Bv engine producing 120 Kw (161 hp) and 180 Nm (133 ft lbs).

Maesima Advantage

The refreshed Maesima Prova is produced across the globe in a number of facilities in Vietnam, Thailand, China, Mexico and Anikatia at our facilities in Namju. We seek to achieve only the highest in quality craftsmanship at all our facilities before they are exported to many markets around the world.

All models offering you outstanding value for money with our 5 Years Unlimited Kilometre warranty*, backed by 5 Years Roadside Assistance* (subject to eligibility) and 5 Years Capped Price Servicing*.

This is our commitment to you and gives you peace-of-mind with your vehicle purchase. This commitment demonstrates our steadfast belief in the quality of our products something few other brands can match. This is our Maesima Advantage.

*ᴼᶠᶠᵉʳˢ ᵐᵃʸ ᵛᵃʳʸ ᵈᵉᵖᵉᶰᵈᶦᶰᵍ ᵒᶰ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵃʳᵏᵉᵗ ᶜʰᵉᶜᵏ ᵈᵉᵗᵃᶦᶫˢ ᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶫᵒᶜᵃᶫ ᴹᵃᵉˢᶦᵐᵃ ᴰᵉᵃᶫᵉʳˢ⋅
*ᴹᵃᵉˢᶦᵐᵃ ʰᵒᶫᵈˢ ᶰᵒ ᶫᶦᵃᵇᶦᶫᶦᵗʸ ᶦᶰ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵛᵉᶰᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵃᶰ ᵃᶜᶜᶦᵈᵉᶰᵗ ᵃˢ ᵃ ʳᵉˢᵘᶫᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵈᶦˢᵃᵇᶫᶦᶰᵍ ˢᵃᶠᵉᵗʸ ˢʸˢᵗᵉᵐˢ⋅

## Starting at $21,300 (+ 50%) # Maesima Prova Xz 1.4L _ActivBoost_ Manual _shown in optional Phantom Black Metallic_

• 1.4L ActivBoost I4 engine with 6-speed manual transmission
  • 16” Steel Rim with full covers
  • LED daytime running lights
  • Power door lock, windows and mirrors
  • 7.0” Audio Touchscreen Display with MAESIMA iV-DIRECT infotainment system with USB/AUX, Voice Recognition and Bluetooth connectivity
  • Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™ support
  • Air Conditioning (A/C)
  • Parking Sensors and Reversing Camera (Styleside Ute variants only)
  • 6 SRS Airbags and Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
  • Antilock Braking System (ABS), Traction Control (TCS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
  • Keyless Entry, Push Button Start and Cloth-trimmed seats

• Advanced Safety Package: Adds 6 SRS Airbags, Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Active Lane-keeping Assist (ALA), MAESIMA Smart Radar-Adaptive Cruise Control (SRCC), and Emergency Active-braking Assist (EAA) and 16" Alloy Wheels*.

[hide=ᴬᵈᵈᶦᵗᶦᵒᶰᵃᶫ ᵒᵖᵗᶦᵒᶰᵃᶫ ᵉˣᵗʳᵃ ᶜʰᵃʳᵍᵉˢ *]Metallic paint $200
Alloy wheels $500
Automatic transmission $1,050
Safety package (ʷʰᶦᶜʰ ᶦᶰᶜᶫᵘᵈᵉˢ ᵃᶫᶫᵒʸ ʷʰᵉᵉᶫ) $1,300 premium.[/hide]

## Designer / Chief Engineer
Mo Seong-sook / Jang Yeong-rok
___
## Assembly
Namju, Anikatia Toluca, Mexico Wuhu, China Hanoi, Vietnam Rayong, Thailand
___

Prova Xz 1.4L ActivBoost : $21,300 (+ 50%)

14 Likes

cough Mazda 6 cough

for serious, your styling game is top and makes mine look like a farting orangutan

3 Likes

Don’t worry, I am working on the results. Just, well, very slowly. Okay, fine, I’m procrastinating a little bit because I’m trying not to risk burning myself out, so I’m trying a new tactic, which is to do a few reviews and then do something else that isn’t Automation or review related.

As for where I’m at, I’ve got everyone’s initial blurbs out of the way, made the first cuts, and I’m halfway-ish through dealership visits and test drives. After that will be second cuts, short reviews of the third and second place cars, and the review of the winning car.

This is just me giving everyone a heads-up on what’s going on, and why it’s taking longer with the end of this challenge compared to Hybrid Beaters League.

The simple answer is, HBL was done with review-as-arrived, similar to my CSR round. This meant all the cars got a nearly-identical review and I spent a lot of my time trying not to sound like I’d just made a generic template to fill in cars.

Here, I’m reviewing after the fact, so that I can give shorter reviews overall, though give them a little more variety. Some could say it’s just poor planning on my part, but I’d counter that I planned it this way.

However, I promise, you’ll have your results before the end of the week.

12 Likes