Ridge Racer: Ryan Barton Design Headquarters

Just a quick tip: not as big a deal in your own thread but for the sanity of those who might follow the thread it is always better to edit your previous post instead of double, triple or quadruple etc. posting. You can still tag and quote other users when you edit and when you submit they will be notified.

Sorry, my PC was put out of action for a few days because of a broken SATA cable. I’ll post it today

Sorry to be so skippy, but it sometimes needs to be type-and-run. My family is running a top-speed schedule right now, I edit when I can.

Received! Altough you might want to check your mailbox.

I’m back, y’all! The rules have been UPDATED. (see top)

Any thoughts for tonight before I turn in?

You do realise that hitting “edit” on your post takes literally the same amount of time and the same number of clicks as adding another post*, right? What you’re doing now is bumping the thread excessively i.e. not only keeping the thread at the top of the “new posts” pile but also doing so during a quieter period on the forum when nobody is going to read this.

What this means is that people who do read the thread then go “oh hey there’s 4 new posts” and then they open the thread and find it’s just you bumping your own thread. Then they get annoyed. At you. And are less likely to read your threads in future.

This also happens often enough that people stop telling new members why this is a problem and start just flagging things instead so then instead of this you get a moderator breathing down your neck. That’s why it’s now just commonly accepted forum etiquette.

*assuming that you have made enough posts here to be able to do that, but you indicated that you edit “when you can”, which, really, should be all the time.

4 Likes

READ THIS POST THOROUGHLY AND CAREFULLY PLEASE @strop:
I believe I already made myself clear when I apologized for any trouble, however I am pretty certain I said my program is always changing. If not, I’m saying it right now. I apologize for any trouble I may be causing w/ bumping this thread, however I may though edit a post several or more times to make needed updates on things I forgot. The reason for “bumping” is that I want to simply keep users of this thread up-to-date. I can edit, however that would be a heck of a lot of times. I can see why this is a problem, and I’m not trying to tick you off. If you’re fine w/ me editing several thousand times so I can keep this practice going, I assume we’re good here. Fair enough?

I’m sure strop will thoroughly appreciate your intelligent and considerate post regarding the threat of several thousands of edits.

9 Likes

Thanks @Private_Miros, but now that I think about it, it may not be all that many. Now, on with the designing! That next drawing is getting closer!

Yeah that’s perfect. The alternative will be other users getting annoyed and unsubscribing/muting everything you post, so I guess that’s up to you.

Also if you reply directly to someone’s post, tagging that user is redundant, which is not a big deal but may save you one precious second. But when editing in a reply to another post tagging will notify that user when the post is updated.

1 Like

Gotcha. Thanks, and if you still want to consider designing for me, you go right ahead! You will be rewarded, you know.

And the reward is?

If i have to guess, a prize car.

The RIDGE465 complete set, 4 cars. Worth $8 USD. One of the most prestigious prizes I can offer. They’re all tuned to the heck of it. Top notch bunch of cars, the group is. If @strop decides to design something for me, that’s what the reward will be. Every so often I will uncover a car I specifically find interesting that I didn’t make, and I will ask the designer to make something up for me in exchange for one of these. Just a little, “Thanks.”

So, wait, we are talking about those bland Automation designs like in the picture in your OP? Or what is RIDGE465?

Okay, first of all @Private_Miros, I would appreciate it if you didn’t call my group’s designs “bland” and, secondly, RIDGE465 is a group of premium vehicles which does not include machine-V, ranging from the pictured designs at the top of this page to a list of cars which @strop can pick from found here:

@strop will post which ones he wants. Thanks!

Sorry to say, but I can’t post this one because I don’t have the body or most of the fixtures! I spent days upon days searching for the parts, so if you would be so kind as to tell what body you used, that’d be great!

“To be kept out of direct sunlight”?

I stand corrected though, I wouldn’t call it bland.

But I understand correctly you (and your professional team of 6 other people credited as leading and assistant developers, correspondents, and technicians) are selling Automation exports as paid modifications for BeamNG?

1 Like

No longer paid, @Private_Miros, just giveaways-only. I had to shut down my email intake because of some technical troubles. But still, I think we can agree that BeamNG.drive does make them look a little bland at first.

That being said, I am putting one of my newest cars in (created a few minutes before this edit)
Not to enter the contest, but just to let you see it and have fun with it.

The vehicle shown is the result of Rivelta Motori, Intl.'s comeback after the purchase of the once-ill-fated brand from Soldat by Barton Motor Co. of the US. The Samurai is the newest edition of the Crinale design, which was also purchased by Barton Motor Co. Concealed beneath the mid-engine bonnet is a 6.2 L V10 Soldat engine running entirely off premium ethanol. This monster carries a top speed of up to 257 MPH and emits a whopping 1031 HP.

Rivelta Samurai LM 2018

If you think this car should be next month’s drawing prize, like this post.
If we can get 5 likes, this car will be next month’s drawing prize!
Also, I updated the prize list.
Enjoy!!!

1 Like