Saminda-Auxuras Showcase Museum - The C2000R , Born to own the track

Beat me to the punchline

1 Like

MR2. Saminda version

1 Like

Wait, Euro 3 in the US? Isn’t it, hmm, EUROpean norm or something?

How to make an S2000 less practical and it’s owners somehow more douchey :laughing:

Send one over and I’d turn that thing to a GT300 racer :smile:

1 Like

@DeusExMackia Saminda left Le-mans on 1990 , but will post more details soon !

@szafirowy01 US spec is also sold in Europe.

@Deskyx That sounds good.

1 Like

@Starfish94 :grin:

In 1996 , one of the CZ6 were used by Japanese Police Force for highway emergency services , during 2002 the Japanese Police force decided not to use the CZ6 anymore and were kept in The Police Museum in Tokyo for showcasing till today.

9 Likes

Supercars in use by police forces are among the coolest things imaginable. This one wouldn’t look out of place in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (the one released in 2010) at all - or Rivals for that matter!

@squidhead In my view, as a DLC car, it would be well worth buying, for variety’s sake.

As a paid for DLC, knowing EA

6 Likes

Nononon monsieur

By EA logic the police should spend money on assembling a fleet of KHT Eau Rouges and Dimension Entropies fitted with NOS and military grade weapons to catch speeders. Oh god think of the children.

5 Likes
#CZ2 Total Production from 1984–2006

Third and last Generation CZ2 , 2000-2006 (Also called as Auxuras CZ2 in North America , Collaboration ended with Erin and not sold in UK but in Australia under Saminda nameplate)

#Saminda CZ2 (Japan Spec - Worldwide except North America)

###Saminda CZ2 Gs 2.0 MT

Engine : KE Series - KE20Z (Engine Production : 1989-2006 / Successor : LE Series)

###Saminda CZ2 Gs 2.0 AT

Engine : KE Series - KE20Z (Engine Production : 1989-2006 / Successor : LE Series)

###Saminda CZ2 R (Japan Only)

Engine : KE Series - KE20A (Engine Production : 1989-2006 / Successor : LE Series) i-VIC engagement @ 6300 RPM

#Auxuras CZ2 (Sold in North America only)

###Auxuras CZ2 Es 2.2 MT

Engine : HE Series - HE22E2 (Engine Production : 1988-2006)

###Auxuras CZ2 Es 2.2 AT

Engine : HE Series - HE22E2 (Engine Production : 1988-2006)

###Auxuras CZ2 Spec-V

Engine : KE Series - KE20E (Engine Production : 1989-2006 / Successor : LE Series) i-VIC engagement @ 6500 RPM

[quote]The Saminda CZ2 (FE3) is the third and final generation of the Saminda CZ2 compact sports coupe, introduced in Japan on April 13, 2000 and produced from July 2000 to July 2006. It was introduced in North America for the 2001 model year as the Auxuras CZ2

North America
One peculiar different from Saminda is that the Auxuras comes with HID projector headlights and leather seats.

CZ2 and CZ2 Spec-V differ in several key areas. Spec-V gets a more powerful engine, firmer suspension damping front and rear, stiffer rear springs, and larger front brakes. But otherwise, the two models are nearly identical, including their 17-inch alloy wheels with high-performance Michelin tires.

CZ2 R KE20A engine
Saminda’s engineers knew the KE Series engine could offer even more power. By introducing coated aluminium pistons, high-strength and lightweight conrods, reshaped intake valves, a wider throttle body and a bigger diameter exhaust, they created the ‘KE20’. Ported, polished and assembled by hand and topped with a red cam cover, this engine would rev to a heady 8500rpm and put out 221bhp at 8300rpm with i-VIC engage @ 6300RPM. Still with a capacity of only 1998cc, this meant it offered an incredible 110bhp per liter which make it one of the highest specific outputs ever seen from a naturally aspirated car engine.

[/quote]

##Assembly : Suzuka , Japan

6 Likes

That is a true Saminda , high revving , lightweight and fun little bitch.

Bring back the KE series over the stupid RB series or RE Series ffs.

KE series does not meet emission requirements so it’s impossible for us to bring it back.

TEGGYYYYYY

4 Likes

’‘Why not make more than 100hp per liter?" That was the question posed by Soichiro Fujioka, President of Saminda R&D in 1986, to Takao Ikazuo, Project Leader of the EPD (Engine Project Progression) that later resulted in the i-VIC engine.’'

At that time, it was commonly believed that it was not possible to produce 100 hp per litre from a naturally aspirated engine. Achieving it on a small capacity engine without compromising driveability makes the task even more difficult.

After a year , Ikazuo gathered a few engineers and told them - ''I want to bulit an engine with a capacity of 1800cc and make at least 180bhp , it’s an important project for Saminda, but you don’t have to participate if you don’t want to,” Ikazuo told his staffs, who had mixed feelings about the project.

3 years and many broken test engines later, the Saminda KE18A DOHC i-VIC engine debuted in Japan on 13-March 1990 in the Saminda CZ2 R making 183HP from a 1.8-liter engine.

In the past, Saminda had stubbornly refused turbocharging (at least for their road cars), as founder Kuro Saminda hated turbocharging preferring the purity of a naturally aspirated engine. But Saminda too has to evolve. Against today’s stringent emission regulations, turbocharging and hybrids are necessary to stay in business.

##The Birth of CthousandR
Saminda feels that the R badge wasn’t good enough and so the CthousandR name was coined - C stand for Confident and R stand for Racing.

All of the CthousandR has it very own chassis and is purely race/track focused, with an emphasis on minimizing weight, and maximizing performance potential.

It’s also one of the few Rear Wheel Drive line-up in Saminda

Saminda also pointed out that rather than screaming i-VICs of the 90s, the performance car of the future will likely be electric, Yes the market may be changing, and that’s just how life is, but you can be certain the ‘racing spirit’ will always be cultivated within Saminda.

(Next up would be posting C2000R and C5000R)

9 Likes

How cool it was to be a engineer in Saminda factory making bad ass cars in the past.

But now Kuro Saminda is probably rolling in his grave

#C2000R Total Production - 2006-2009 / 2017 Present

First Generation C2000R

#Saminda C2000R (Available in Japan only)

Engine : FB Series - FB22A (Engine Production : 2006-2010 / Predecessor: FC Series) i-VIC engagement @ 6700 RPM

##Designer : Yusuke Kinamori

##Chief Engineer : Yaeshiro Uchigo (Awarded Automotive Japan Automotive Hall of Fame in 2007)

##Assembly : Saitama , Japan

##Priced at $26,000 brand new in 2006

[quote]The First Generation C2000R was debuted in 2006 and is only sold in Japan , the special thing about CthousandR line up are it RWD drivetrain as Saminda are widely not known to make RWD vehicles.

Introduction
In July 2000, Saminda chairman Hiro Shimano thinks that the R variant is just not enough for Saminda , so he initiated the NXPC project (Next Performance Car) without using any exisiting Saminda platform or parts.

So Chief Engineer Yaeshiro Uchigo sought to develop an all-new design, aiming to surpass it rivals in specific target areas, including aerodynamics, performance, overall top speed, and fuel efficiency. During development, over 3000 workers split up into 20 teams to do their part.

5 years later , the C2000R was born and released in Japan on August 2006 , The C2000R has received much praise from critics and motoring journalists and has received favourable reviews

Performance
Although the C2000R is compact, it has been built to perform only to a high standard.The structural integrity of the C2000R means that the vehicle is lightweight, but its rigid body, smooth acceleration and other features allows it to be one of the top performing vehicles in its class.

FB Series
The FB Series is essentially the sucessor of the legendary FC Series used in CZ1 , with increased displacement due to higher stroke it make slightly more torque , also with improved i-VIC technology , giving much better fuel economy.

[/quote]

12 Likes

Now there’s a Christmas present if I ever saw one! :smiley:

I don’t know… it’s a present with a bad aftertaste… it’s like your birthday is in August and your parents told you you’d get a gift but then give it to you on Christmas. Should you be happy or sad?

This C2000R is pure orgasm , the newer one should be a obese mf with stupid electric motor.