Saminda Motor Co - The all new Enver, Economical and Sleek

But the tenth gen doesn’t, nor will its type R variant.

(Finally!)

@Awildgermanappears this is true to an extent, since the current Type R and Focus RS overcome the natural limitation with the Macphersons by introducing independent motion into it anyway. That’s not something this game allows AFAIK.

My beef with torsion beam etc is a bit more personal: one of my rear wheels is a bit off, and I can’t fix it without removing the beam, which pisses me off.

1 Like

I did not know MacPherson struts were not independent.

That’s what I get for not putting 2 and 2 together. But then, what exactly where you addressing earlier, since it clearly wasn’t my concern about using Macphersons up front?

With these prices the new C3 gets into territory of Erin Tauga and Zavir Luna - which are a bit more premium :stuck_out_tongue: If for 28k you can have C3 SpectaL or Tauga Vox or Luna Lusso (this one with similar engine for 29k) then I’d say the choice is pretty easy, and it’s not Saminda. Standard brand FWD vs premium brand RWD…

2 Likes

Like what i say previously , the C3 is getting more and more expensive and it’s ridiculous , just get a 2013 C5

how many of you guys even ever got in a sport kei car?

and if i lay on the floor with my hand stretched out beside the car, i would be about 80% the length of the car. that thing was only a bit over 2.5m iirc

i’m about 175cm tall, and my head hit the soft top on the daihatsu copen… (that’s about 5.74" for you, according to google.)

also, alternatively, you could get an SR3 :slight_smile: it’s much better, and not that much more expensive :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The SR3 is for power junkies :smile: , a dad with family wouldn’t like it but probably young punks that think “i-VIC KICKED IN YO”

My original problem was your statement that the #independentsuspension on the new Civic somehow completely eradicates understeer. I was about to make a comment about that old Citroën you once owned which did in fact have fully independent suspension, passive rear wheel steering AND the engine canted rearwards for better weight balance, making it such an amazing cornering machine which you can totally confirm.

1 Like

OH right. Yes. I could have been oversimplifying and misattributing. But I don’t know where I indicated that it was the independence of the suspension that mattered. I was worried about the Macpherson struts on the front. Unless I’ve horribly misunderstood what Macpherson struts are.

The new Civic’s suspension is accompanied by a better (stiffer) chassis and a more pliant setup which probably does contribute far more to the handling. But I did assume that the inevitable camber change on the 9th gen’s Macpherson struts limited its cornering. I actually don’t know if that’s the case.

Also wrt the Xsara, fuck me, that thing had passive rear wheel steering? I had no idea. Not that it mattered worth shit.

EDIT: OH I just went back and read my post LOL. I see where we went off now and that’s what I get for trying to post via mobile

What I meant by “independent motion” wasn’t wheels operating independently of each other, but rather, the travel of the wheel not having to pivot around a single point and therefore remaining independent of camber changes which alter cornering characteristics as the loading on the wheel changes. My understanding of this is incomplete (better read up on it before I start talking pure bullshit), but that’s what I was getting at.

2 Likes

The camber change on MacPhersons is a lot more irregular than on Double wishbones, where the camber gets progressively more negative in a linear way as load increases (good). MacPs on the other hand can change from negative gain to positive camber gain as the struts are usually subjected to twisting forces as well as the vertical movement (Michael Jacksons 1987 album). This better load handling ability is also the reason why Double Wishbones are used by almost all IFS Trucks.

Yes, the most low-tech RWS possible, very soft rear trailing arm bushings that allow mild movement while cornering and wear out incredibly quickly. Probably mattered on the 2.0 16V VTS.

Argh rear steering ever driven a skyline or honda prelude

Renault Laguna GT

no, but I admit, I’m really curious about the Prelude.

That sounds like something that one would have trouble deciding between “design flaw” or “engineering feature”. At shitbox level, I would personally preferred something that worked, but hey, it was Citroen :joy:

It’s more pronounced on its predecessor, the ZX. My dad has owned a Xantia for a while, same basic suspension design but with Hydropneumatics, yo. Lasted 550kkms without making any troubles on the suspension front, just basic Hydropneumatic maintenance.

Wait, wasn’t BX Xantia’s predecessor? And ZX Xsara’s one?

First sentence still reefers to the Xsara.

I’d be happy to give Citroens another shot, I just need a few more decades to get over my trauma first :joy:

…hope that’s not the case for the Saminda faithful and the million recalls #seamlessegue

2 Likes

Or you can get Adenine brand AWD with more comfort than any of them :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Should just point out that those prices are out of date, due to the car being made before the latest update to the game. But, in saying that, you can still get a mid-range Lex model for that kind of money, and it has the many advantages of the Tauga’s design that you’ve mentioned…

…just sayin’ :wink:

2 Likes

My bros first car was a 1989 prelude with a 2.2 and no shit the rear wheels turned up to 15* and made for awesome parking and reverse fishtails but no other benefit. The skyline is the same kind of deal but operates at high speeds and is a known “cause” of all wheel drive under-massively oversteer when the driver is not expecting it…yes i have put a gtr into the wall at qld raceway…was not my car either lucky r32 gtr’s a cheap as chips