Saminda Motor Co - The all new Enver, Economical and Sleek

In case of efficiency, I fully agree. But in case of performance it’s a matter of balance (but yeah, usually heavily leaned towards bigger bore).

1 Like
#YEAR 2016

#C3 Coupe Spec-V

Saminda C3 Coupe Spec-V

Engine : RB Series , RB15F1E

[quote]The Saminda C3 Coupe Spec-V is the sportier version of the C3 Coupe .

Engine power is down from 245bhp to 210bhp
The engine is a turbocharged 1.5-liter 4-cylinder that delivers 210 horsepower and 233nm of torque, and drive is to the front wheels only. The previous C3 Spec-V came with a turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder with 245 hp and 330nm of torque.

Even a heavy decrease in power , Saminda claims that it still perform as well as the previous model while giving much better fuel economy.

Exhaust that never sound this good in a compact sedan before
Think of a rally car, and you’ll have a great idea of what this car sounds like. It’s unlike anything Saminda has ever put on a factory car before. In fact, the designers looked at how loud a car can legally be and made the C3 Spec-V that loud.

The C3 Spec-V sound this good thanks to a airbox that Saminda says allows for more sound with less baffling. This is due to the use of a porous material on the intake tube that lets the sound spread better.

Interior
On the inside, the driver will enjoy the flat bottom steering wheel, driver and passengers seats with sporty styling, as well as red contrasting stitching on the upholstery.[/quote]

##Sales figure 2016 : -
##Availability :
North America

##Designer :
-

##Assembly :
Greensburg , USA
Alliston , Canada

###C3 Coupe Spec-V: $26,180

5 Likes

Saminda, please :sob:

What?

Coupe? What is this nonsense?

SAMINDA WHAT ARE YOU DOING
no one is going to buy a fat “coupe” that has as much sportiness as a shopping cart. 210hp for 1500kg? At least the economy is decent…

this car is so niche its like saminda shooting itself in the foot by mass producing a car that very few will desire

a heavy 2 door with not much sportiness, FWD, focus on economy… will people want to buy this car simply for it’s rally car sound? I usually am either neutral or like what Saminda does but this time, this is not a good step IMHO.

3 Likes

When Saminda killed off CZ6 , the company is probably dead .

Based on real life perspective , Saminda left the enthusiast dead.

2 Likes

If they don’t care for enthusiasts why build coupes at all? For one, in most of Europe two door hatchbacks are sold mostly to old people and food delivery services outside of that, these superminis sell in huge number only with 4 doors or more. So when you build a cat with an inherent practicality disadvantage, to a market you already finished with, what are you doing?

2 Likes

I’m digging the looks. Tail light strops always get approval from me and you’ve done a great job there. But…

I raise you the Merna X-Eco. Similar power but with a 3" exhaust and a 2.4l Turbo i4 Twin Cam.

2 Likes

and to that I counter with this glorious 2.5L straight six

3 Likes

I think there’s just the right hint of raspy snarl in the AluStar V 2.0 Liter Inline 4 used in the Surge. Sure, it’s not super powerful, and it’s from 2004, but… there’s just a hint of “I sound powerful. Go ahead, floor it!” hidden behind that engine.

But again, this just proves that sound is subjective. We’re each drawn to something different.

2 Likes

We take our customers feedback very serious and it helps us better our products , we will look thru on it - Saminda Spokeswoman.

3 Likes

Just bring back us the old Saminda , cars that have soul.

All the car that stand out for this brand are already dead , all you make now is some boring Sedans.

All your “sport” version sedan is rather not exciting , just add a few horsepower and manual transmission with some cosmetic changes doesn’t help to shine.

WE WANT CZ6!

2 Likes

Crikey! Who’s to say that someone else doesn’t find them boring? The Indian car industry, for instance, is full of cheap runabouts that most of us would look down on. But they sell like crazy.

Given the scale on which Saminda operates, it’s less about how interesting a car is and more about how well and where it can be sold. In my eyes, they’re ethos is far more about making a ‘great car’ as opposed to a fun car or a fast car.

One thing I’ve always noticed with Samindas is that they’re always very reliable and very efficient. For some people, that really is all they need. In the UK for instance, Samindas would probably be very popular with the elderly population for those reasons (not saying that your cars only appeal to OAPs @Starfish94 btw :wink: ).

I know I have given some flack to Saminda in the past for not being quite as interesting as other car companies, and indeed I have shamelessly advertised my own company on here a number of times while comparing them to equivalent cars from Saminda, but at the end of the day, they’re the ones making cars that appeal to the everyman and I’m the one living out my automotive fantasy.

This is not to say that you can’t have that opinion, Yamaha, it’s just that I think you’re incorrect in saying that “All the cars that stand out for this brand are already dead” - they might not be the fastest in the world, but that’s not the point.

You are truly great Saminda. Keep doing what you do. :heart_decoration:

10 Likes

Some folks think under 300 hp instantly makes for a boring car. Shame. This mentality has killed the cheap sports car every single time manufacturers wanted to make one again.

8 Likes

I know i may sound salty but i did not say Saminda are bad in making cars but in fact they are good , we don’t have to teach Saminda how to bulit a car when they are one of the largest auto maker.

But they are focusing so much on $ and for that they left great car to die.

Nah, I know that (and I apologise if that’s how I came across). And while I don’t entirely agree with the last point, I can see where you’re coming from.

1 Like

(to sort of defend my earlier point)
it wasn’t the power level or anything that makes me question this car. I think we all know that IRL, sporty cars are really quite a niche market, but what does make me scratch my head is the fact that this car is a coupe. For what reason? MX-5s don’t even reach the 200hp level, but the MX-5 doesn’t weigh 1430kg. I mean, sure, the C3 is fuel efficient but these things are not what define a “sporty” coupe. To me, there is just a car which doesn’t know what it wants to be.

2 Likes
#YEAR 2016

#CR10

Saminda CR10 Standard 1.5

Engine : RE Series , RE15A2

Saminda CR10 Premium 1.5

#CR10 SR

Saminda CR10 SR 1.5

[quote]The Saminda CR10 is a seven-seater mini MPV produced by Japanese automaker Saminda for the South East Asia market and India, mainly targeted at Indonesia

The CR10 is Saminda’s latest entry-level seven-seater multi-purpose vehicle. Instead of trying to attract buyers with a long list of gadgets, the car is marketed as offering “spacious comfort for the whole family”. Now, although MPVs usually look bland, the CR10 actually stands out thanks to its eclectic mix of lines. There’s even a SR trim to enhance the vehicle’s “sportiness” including LED headlamps.

The CR10 was specifically developed based on research in Indonesia, taking local road and weather conditions as well as customer needs into account. The front row’s semi-bucket seats perfectly hug your back, giving you additional comfort.

The car is also perfect for a family road trip because the rear seats can be folded, providing space that can fit a folded bicycle and several large suitcases.

Engine is only available in a 1.5-liter i-VIC DOHC engine that produces 117HP and 143NM of torque mated to a CVT.[/quote]

##Sales figure 2016 : -
##Availability :
South East Asia and India , Main market Indonesia
##Designer :
Saminda Motor Co. Japan Studio

##Assembly :
Surabaya, Indonesia
Ayutthaya, Thailand
Senai , Malaysia

CR10 Standard 1.5 : $17,250
CR10 Premium 1.5 : $18,500
CR10 SR 1.5 : $19,500

5 Likes

Now this is suited perfectly to the markets it’s pitched at! Excellent!

5 Likes

That is the realistic part about Saminda , some cars are main for certain country and they totally nail it.

And where they bulid too.

4 Likes

One thing if I’m nitpicking: this car will sell in droves in India (see Toyota Innova/Kijang) and Indonesia - down to the fact that it has a petrol engine over a diesel, the only thing that bothers me is that manufacturing lines aren’t in India. BMW and Ford both have factories in south India, why doesn’t Saminda start up small-scale production there?

The CR10 is just a little too safe for south asian countries though :laughing:

We have a plant in Gurgaon, India , it currently produce the Casda and Storm for itself.

We need to shift either one of the production in order to bulit the CR10 , which will be troublesome since producing them in India is much efficient

1 Like