Saminda Motor Co - The all new Enver, Economical and Sleek

To be fair, the CZ6 was never meant to be in production for more than a couple of years anyway due to its immense cost. Rear-drive does not fit in with the new efficiency-oriented philosophy, but AWD still does. And refusing to build anything with >6 cylinders would increase affordability and efficiency, but at the cost of prestige. My own attempts to build six-cylinder super- and hypercars weren’t as competitive as those with eight or more cylinders due to the loss of prestige that entails, although they still perform well and return better economy.

In fact any manufacturer without at least one halo performance car in their lineup will most likely be ignored by enthusiasts, and will struggle to attract sales unless it finds other means (such as improved efficiency and reliability) to do so.

1 Like

Totally , while Saminda thought giving us the 310hp 4 cylinder Type-R is “good enough” for a performance car. Now they doesn’t have cars that are above 300hp except for it “super fast” Type-R. If Saminda really looking forward to become green , just hope for the best… Hate to say this but Saminda will still definetly still sell well despite it recent recalls , it brand are long time reputation for it highly reliability and efficiency vehicles , what it mean is that college students and people with families will buy it , why would Saminda care about enthusiast when they earn so much on cars like C3 and C5 , that’s why i bought a C3 ( i am a college student and can’t afford 30k cars )

Saminda have potential to bulit fast cars tbh

In real life, Honda was forced to abandon the performance sector, not because of the extreme age of its sports cars (the original NSX and S2000 were at least 10 years old by the time they were axed, but were still a delight to drive), but as a consequence of the Great Recession and an earthquake in the space of just a few years. Axing the previous Civic Type-R due to the introduction of Euro 5 emissions regulations did not help either, but the fact that the CR-Z turned out to be a paper tiger only made things even worse. For some, the decontenting (and cheapening) of its core range was the final straw: enthusiasts had to either trawl the used car market or settle for two wheels instead of four.

Only last year did they make a tentative return, with a new NSX and CTR, and the rest of its range has been improved too.

#YEAR 2015

#Introducing the Sporty Hybrid CZ-S , A new level of sportiness - 1 Trim

#CZ-S

Saminda CZ-S Sport Hybrid

Engine : Engine : REA Series (Atkinson) , REA13A5 (86 Horsepower) with Electric Motor (22 Horsepower)

[quote]The 2015 CZ-S is manufactured by Saminda and is the facelifted version sold in 2014 , after a long discontinuation of the original CSZ in 2004 . Pitched as an entry-level model and aims to make a whole new generation fall in love with driving, continuing the proud heritage of Saminda’s fun-to-drive lightweight sports cars. The Saminda CZ-S is their brave attempt to blend fun driving dynamics with fuel efficiency

It’s a fun car to drive, but it’s not going to cut it as your primary set of wheels. It lacks some power that we expected due to its engine capacity, but it handles very well in its sport mode and is economical.**
[/quote]

##Sales figure 2015 : 70,991

##Availability :
Japan

##Assembly :
Takahashi , Japan

CZ-S Sport Hybrid : $22,500

2 Likes

I know this isn’t an offtopic thread, but @squidhead how the hell did you make that rendering thingy of the CZ6

@ramthecowy

2 Likes

I knew there was that thread, I completely forgot the name and couldn’t find it in search. Thanks!

No Problem :smiley:

#Saminda to recall more cars in Malaysia and Indonesia

Saminda Malaysia and Indonesia is recalling 293,637 units of Saminda vehicles manufactured in the year 2003 to 2014 to replace the ignition.

Saminda Managing Director mainly for South East Asia , Steven Lim said it will extend its proactive measure to ensure customer safety by recalling the vehicles.

The vehicle models involved in this recall are
Saminda C5 (2003-2011),
Neomo Tano (2012-2014)
Saminda C3 (2007-2011)
Saminda CR3 (2008-2011),
Neomo Koala (2014)
Neomo Antana (2012-2014)
Saminda Ponqi (2012),
Saminda C1 (2009-2011)
Saminda CR4 (2004-2009)

Saminda owners can also check their vehicle recall status by calling the Saminda Asia Toll Free number 241-531-555 , or log on to http://www.saminda.com.my or http://www.samindaindonesia.com , you can also visit any authorised Saminda dealers.

It also urged all owners of Saminda vehicles affected by the ignition recall to get their vehicles checked and parts replaced at any authorised Saminda dealers as soon as possible upon receipt of the notification letter

Recalling cars here? Unnecessary bud.:smile:

You could make cars out of paper mache, have as much horsepower as a rickshaw, and an interior of a bus and it would still sell here provided it was cheap enough. Also get good reviews too.

Saminda is gonna need to find another way to drum up attention than recalls, it’s having more than even the most unreliable of American brands :joy:

2 Likes

Like I said, Saminda has worse quality control than British Leyland at this point.

2 Likes

Nah, parts aren’t falling off. Yet.

I remember there being yet another recall regarding poorly assembled engines.

There more cars are still affected with the ignition , we are still investigating as we are sure there are more cars still not fixed yet , it’s currently very dangerous as the ignition will cause the car to shut down and you can’t control the car. Currently there are around 15millions car affected and there are still more , hence you may see more news like this.

Do take note that 2015 cars are not affected with the ignition , only the 2015 C3 1.5 turbocharged engine are being recalled due to piston ring not seated properly.

We are working on it !

1 Like

so far, there 2 people actually clicked that link
i don’t know what they were expecting
(to be fair, i also clicked one of the link :stuck_out_tongue: )

recall in indonesia? good luck with that.
people cant be arsed to fix their car out of schedule.
“nah, it’s been going just fine, nothing wrong with it. the recall is just some sort of corporate lies”, then rage the next month when their car broke down, because it was just an incident waiting to happen and they don’t care about it

true story.

1 Like

All those Saminda recalls were just an innovative scheme to infect your PC with a virus that gives your credit card information to Saminda.

2 Likes

something along those lines. yeah.
hahahaha people are stupid and stubborn. it’s the stubborn part that’s hurting them

@koolkei it’s about life and death , better get it fixed !

@Awildgermanappears are you for real ??? omg :smile:

Saminda needs all the funds it can get. Personally I’d be prepared for masses of pissed off soon-to-be-former Saminda owners defecting to whoever the Automation equivalent of Nissan is.