Home | Wiki | Live Chat | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

Saminda Motor Co - Introducing the cC Sport Kei

Gib electric CZE :grin:

New PonQi Hybrid revealed, to be sold in U.S from $22,000

The new PonQi takes bold steps to advance its exterior looks. The overall body shape hasn’t drastically changed, but some changes on the front and rear means that the new PonQi looks sleeker and more coupe-like. The roof position has also been shifted forward to create a more coupe-like silhouette.

Smart Air-conditioning
The PonQi has a unique smart air-conditioning system that uses sensors to detect where passengers are seated, which then automatically directs air flow there. Conversely, it will turn off the back row air-con when no rear passengers are on board, which helps to save energy.

Performance numbers
The PonQi has a fuel efficiency rating of 22km/L, around 50mpg (US)

It’s equipped with a 2.0-liter i-VIC four-cylinder Atkinson petrol direct injection engine that produces 90bhp and 145nm of torque. There’s also a 1.52kWh lithium-ion polymer battery under the back seat and a 30kW electric motor which produces 40bhp and 48nm of torque, the total output of the car is 130bhp and 193nm of torque. With the help of a dual-clutch transmission (as opposed to a CVT), the PonQi feels peppy in Sport mode.

Saminda nS Platform
It is here where the new PonQi packs the most surprises, Built on the Saminda New Structural Platform (nS) , the new PonQi has been engineered with a focus on the driving experience, as highlighted by its Chief Engineer, Keisuke Hitano.

The PonQi will be release in Japan on October, U.S on December and rest of the world on Q1 of 2019.

The return!!! :smile: The car is great, but it’s odd that it only produces 90hp, and gets 50mpg, wouldn’t it either make more power, or get better MPG?

Heat sensors? What if you’re transporting hot food to a party?

I assume you can control it?

The Air-conditional thing only works in Eco mode, yes it uses heat sensor and the only way to switch it off is either put it on Normal or Sport mode

I hope to test that model soon!

My previous design of the C3 has some issue, hopefully this is the final design @Rk38

YEAR 2018

The cC Sport, Sporty kei.

Saminda cC Sport

Engine : A Series , A660E (Non i-VIC)

The Saminda cC is a kei car manufactured by Saminda and it’s to replace the Kirei

Exterior
Saminda says the design of the cC is to be ‘‘sporty’’, by lowering the roof to make it exterior look of a two-door coupe. The cC measures in at 3255mm in length, and has a wheelbase of 2355mm

It’s desgined by Asami Hinako, the first female designer for Saminda Motor Co.

Engine